Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Three

13 years later...

"Come on, Taymay! We're going to be late!" I shouted at my friend, who was fervently combing her black and red hair with a large wooden brush that looked more like a torture device than a grooming tool.

"Shuttup Kaitlyn!" Taylor yelled at me, slipping on some chucks. I slipped on my own classic blacks, which I named Blackjacks, and grabbed my purse (which had a skull on it from Hot Topic) "C'Mon! We have an hour drive to get to Charlotte before the concert!" I yelled.

She emerged. We were wearing identical My Chemical Romance tees and black skinny jeans with studs. Quickly, we doused our eyes with eyeshadow then exited out the door. I started up the engine on my mom's shitty minivan. It crackled, then groaned.

"Ye-heah!" I cheered, punching the air with a cuffed wrist. "My Chemical Romance here we come!" Taylor and I backed out of the driveway, and she inserted a CD. Ahhh, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, or Bullets, as I call it.

"Kaitlyn you are such a fangirl." Taylor said, pulling on her skull earrings. I rolled my eyes. I had liked MCR since I was a teen, and always wanted to see them. I've seen them before, but this was different. This was a meet and greet show.

"Hey, at least I'm not a fanboy like you!!" I replied, cheerily. I couldn't resist. It was so perfect.
"Okay." She said. "I'll drive. You need to comb that tangly shit you have hanging from your head." Taylor giggled.

"Fine." I mumbled, pulling into a McDonalds. "Taylor you are such a faggie." I added, using her word for retarded.
"Hey! That's my word! You have fucktard! I have faggie!" She pouted, Gerard singing about vampires in the background. I switched seats with her, then she started talking again.

"While we're here, we might as well get something to eat." She suggested. I nodded in agreement. "As long as it's drive-thru." I replied.
"Fine, faggie." She grouched.

We ordered our meals, then headed for the road, once again. Taylor was silenced by food. Only Kaitlyn and Taylor order regular food at McDonalds at 7 AM. The concert was at 9PM, so why were we on the road for an hour so early? So we can be first in line. Why first in line? Meet and Greet = Gerard Way.

I think, besides Taylor, Gerard was the only person I could connect to. He was, so much like me, and his lyrics set my soul on fire. I felt like I knew him, which I don't, but I would really like to meet him. It's been my dream for forever. Well, 4 years, but forever nonetheless.
I sighed as I pulled the brush through my blonde hair, which layered, and drooped to my sholders. I brushed my bangs, and applied my lip stuff.

We had arrived. First. And there he was. Gerard Way. Himself.