Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Five

I stood next to Taylor next to the car.
"Hurley! I don't think I can do this.." I said nervously.
"Oh Gee." She said, using the nickname for me we had in seventh grade. "It'll all be okay. He's a normal guy. This is your DREAM! Don't wimp out and be a faggie."
"Taylor, you're gonna meet Frank, right?" I asked. Taylor shifted nervously. "Yeah." She shyly stated, digging the heel of her converse into the grass around the arena.

"Gee, you REALLY need some new Converses." She said, changing the subject. I stared at my shoes. Every part of rubber was near solid with "My Chemical Romance Rocks!" All over it. I loved my shoes. She was just saying that to piss me off.

"C'mon. Let's head on over there before anyone else beats us. The motherfuckers." I giggled at her insanity. We walked over to a sign with the preformers name's on it. Taylor paused. The sign read"

y hemical omance.

"Taylor, you fucktard." She held up the letters M, C, and R.
"Just a souvenier." Taylor grinned, shoving the letters into the car. I rolled my eyes.
"Why can't you just get a t-shirt like a normal person, you kleptomaniac."

Taylor kept grinning as we walked to the massive circular arena. My Chemical Romance stood by thier bus. I enhaled sharply. We trotted to go meet them. Frank (yes! FRANK!) pranced up to Taylor.

"Hiya." He said.
"Hey." Taylor replied, blushing at her feet.
"Damn! You guys are the first in line! You must be some diehard fans to be drivin around in this motherfucking heat!" Frank continued. Taylor perked up.
"Yeah, it was pretty fucked up. But it's worth it!" She said. They struck up a conversation rather quickly, and jabbed on about random shit. I walked up to Gerard. My heart pounding.

"Hey." I uttered. He looked up.
"Hi." He was SHY?! GERARD WAY, SHY!?!?! I can't fucking believe it!
I dropped my bag. Shit. My contents fell out. Please, no. Shit. My stuffed dog, Allegro fell out onto the pavement. Great. Now Gerard Way KNOWS I sleep with a stuffed dog. I hurridly picked it up. He raised an eyebrow, his eyes shining.
"What's your name?" He asked, quizzically.
"Uh...Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn Wagner." I stammered. His face sparked with excitement.
"Ohmigosh! I KNOW you! I'm not kidding! I SWEAR I do!" He was really, excited, to see me. Why?
"You and your friend can go backstage with us for the concert, and I'll explain everything!" Did he just say what I thought he said. He did. I pinched myself. I was confused and overjoyed at the same time. HOW DID FUCKING GERARD WAY KNOW WHO I WAS?!?!
I had a feeling I was about to find out...