Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Eight

The MCR boys and Taylor and I were up until three o'clock, AM, and I decided that there was no use going back home. So I just called my mom and told her we were getting a hotel. She sighed deeply on the phone, then agreed solumnly.

Taylor and Frank were still talking, and I took quite easily to Gerard.
"Gerard?" I asked.
"Hum?"
"Do you know any good hotels here in Charlotte?" His face fell.
"First, Call me Gee, and second, we have two extra bunks on our bus, so you and your friend can spend the night there." YAY! I was going to spend the night in My Chem's tour bus! This was going to be fantastic!
"Deal." I finalized. Gee smiled.

We were getting tired, so we all walked out to the tourbus and hopped into the bunks. The green flannel sheets were unused, so it felt fresh, unlike the rest of the bus.

"God guys! This place smells like shit!" I exclaimed. They were all too eager to start teasing.
"It's Gerard, he never washes his shit." Frank giggled.
"Shut up Frankie!" Gee defended himself. I was still overwhelmed that he knew me.
"Yeah Frank, Fuck off!" Ray chimed in.
"Well at least I don't cry over little blonde preschoolers! How pathetic can you get!" Frank answered.
"Shut the fuck up Frank! i mean it!" Gerard was pissed.
"Frank, just be quiet." Bob agreed, looking up from his "Rolling Stone" magazine.
"Fine." Frank mumbled, defeated.

After everyone was asleep, Gerard startled me.
"Kaitlyn?" He asked.
"Yeah?" I yawned.
"It's a pretty extreme coinicidance I know you, and I did! I promised to myself that I'd never forget your sad little face. I swear! If you don't believe me, I don't blame you."
"Dude." I sat up, propped on an elbow. "First of all, you're Gerard fucking Way." I could see him smile.
"Second, i think that telling girls you know them and in preschool, is a really strange way to pick up chicks." He giggled.
"And third?" He inquired, amused.
"Third, you know EXACTLY where I went to preschool. Only a stalker would know that."
He smiled again. Damn he smiles alot!
"You aren't a stalker are you?" I smirked.
"No. I promise." he obediently replied.
"Good"

"Hey, we got a few extra days, and I'd really like to see where you go to school and stuff. With all this fame, you don't really have very many REAL friends." Gerard suggested.
"DUH! You know it! I only have one local friend, and that's Taylor. But I could still show you around. Hey! Maybe you could meet my little sis! She'd love to meet you! My mum too!"
"Great." Gee said warmly. "I'll ask the guys."
Before I fell asleep, I said one last thing.

" 'Night Gee."
" 'Night Kaitlyn."

Snore. I was asleep.