Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Nine

I asked the dudes what they thought of the idea of staying in NC for a while. We agreed on two weeks, and called Brian, our manager, to let him know. I really enjoyed having an out-of-band friend. Kaitlyn's great. She really is. A great friend, that is.

"OOOhhh!" Frank cooed. "Gerard's in LOOOVVVEE!" He teased.
My face got hot.
"Shuttup Frank. Or Kaitlyn's gonna confiscate your Skittles." He stopped. I had hit a weak spot. Victory.

"Yeah." Kaitlyn continued, twirling a strand of dirty blonde hair around her finger.
"Maybe, Frankie, I already have." Frank's eyes widened.
"Give 'em back!" He whined. Ray and Mikey were enjoying this.
"Go check your hiding place." Frank was so stupid, he fell for it. He walked over to his pillow and shook it. Seven packs of Skittles tumbled onto his bunk.
"Ha!" He crowed. "They're still there!" I rolled my eyes.
"Thanks Frank," She smirked. "For showing me where they are hidden."
"Fuck." He groaned.

Bob and Taylor were still asleep. I was the only band member who could cook, so I walked over too the cabinet to see if we had any pancake mix left. Shit. We didn't.

"Hey dudes," I said. "Since there's no food on this shitty thing, Iet's go to Mickey Ds!!"
"WOOO!" Frank whooped, punching the air with a tattooed wrist, that woke Taylor up.
"Frank! You Faggie!" She yelled at him, rubbing her eyes. Mikey went to wake up the driver and Kaitlyn was already on Bob's laptop Mapquesting directions to her house for said driver.

"Hey guys." Kaitlyn shouted at us. "Just a warning, my house is small and fucktarded, and my mom doesn't tolerate language. Or MTV." We all laughed.
"Dude," Ray said, refraining from laughter for just a second. "I can't tolerate MTV." Everyone chuckled in agreement. The driver walked up and started the engine which awoke a sleeping Bob.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON MY LAPTOP?!?!?" He yelled.
I smiled.
"What Bob? No "Good Morning, Fellas! Or, "How's life?" I kept grinning.
"Funny Gee."

Our driver was chauffering us from McDonalds to Kaitlyn's house. On the drive, about three hours with traffic, Mikey, Bob, and Ray were fucking around in the back working on recording.
Frank and Taylor were watching TV and would yell "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" When the signal temporarily died. Kaitlyn and I were looking at comics, which she seemed to enjoy.

Finally, we pulled up at her house. It was a small one story, with straggly pines shooting up like pipecleaners. The driver skillfully parallel parked, which was considerably hard on the two-laned road.

In the driveway, was a Jaguar, which Frank had commented, and Ray had whistled at. Kaitlyn told them it was her Dad's. A white minivan sat glumly on the other side of the luxury vehicle. Kaitlyn skipped up to the door.

"Hold on." She said. We waited. Not for long.