Status: In Progress

The Beginning to the End

Predators

Image

“Since they got married he’d been praying for a little baby boy. Someone he could take fishing. Throw the football, be his pride and joy. He could already see him holding that trophy. Taking his team to state. But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket all those big dreams changed.”


“I am so glad we decided to leave St. Louis a little earlier, now we have the whole afternoon to relax by the hotel pool before we tour music city, tomorrow.” Bobbi said as she went into the bathroom to change into her bathing suit.

“Don’t you mean tour the buckle of the bible belt?” Ricki joked.

“If anyone starts to preach to me on the streets I am just going to yell ‘I worship Satin’ so they leave me alone.” Bobbi said emerging from the bathroom.

“I don’t know how people here would take to that.” Ricki smiled.

“I probably would get crucified.” Bobbi said laughing as Ricki grabbed the key and left the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Are you going to tell me where we are going?” Ricki asked as Bobbi pulled her away from the really nice diner.

“I don’t think so.” Bobbi smirked as she continued to drag Ricki down the street which earned them really weird looks from passer byers.

“God will send you to hell for your sins!” A lady yelled thinking that Ricki and Bobbi were together because of Bobbi pulling Ricki along.

“That’s ok, I worship satin anyways” Bobbi said quickly not stopping, even when the woman dropped her Bible out of shock.

“I didn’t think you were actually going to grow a pair and say that to someone.” Ricki said as they came to a stop at some long line.

“She deserved it.” Bobbi said shrugging her shoulders.

“Mhmm.” Ricki agreed “Excuse me, ma’am, what is this line for?”

“Carrie Underwood is doing an autograph signing.” She answered politely.

“Bobbi, you are seriously the bestest friend anyone could have.” Ricki said hugging her friend.

“I purely did it for selfish reasons. It just so happened you like her too.” Bobbi said truthfully.

“You are still the best!” Ricki stated.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Bobbi smirked pulling out the flip.

“Hey guys, Bobbi and Ricki here in Nashville, Tennessee. Today and tomorrow we are sightseeing, however we have figured out real fast that we can’t try and do everything in every city because we will run ourselves ragged and we’re not even half way done.”

“So after seeing a couple of the main sites this morning we are going to hang out in line to meet, drum roll please….Carrie Underwood!” Ricki said excitedly.

“We were lucky to get into this line as you can see we are the last ones in line.” Bobbi said turning the flip to prove her point. “Ricki almost made us miss this great opportunity.”

“If you would have told me what we were doing we wouldn’t have almost missed it.” Ricki defended herself.

“But if I told you we would have been in line since 8 this morning and then we wouldn’t have been able to site see at all this morning.” Bobbi countered.

“You’re probably right.” Ricki said not letting the huge smile leave her face.

“Now, Ricki and I must go back to waiting, aka playing Temple Run.”

“But until next time” Ricki said.

“Be great!” they said together.

“I would know that saying anywhere.” A deep voice said coming from behind the girls, causing them both to slowly turn around.

“Oh…it’s just Mike Fisher.” Bobbi said nonchalantly.

“Ricki Martin, Bobbi Hull!” Mike completely fan girled. “What are you guys doing here?”

“This is our next stop.” Ricki said like a smart ass.

“Duh, I know that, I’m not an idiot.” He said causing Ricki and Bobbi to burst out into a fit of laughter. “It’s true I’m not an idiot!” he defended himself.

“Sure, whatever you say, Fisher.” Bobbi smirked.

“Fine be that way.” Mike huffed and pouted like a little girl.

“Aw, it’s ok, even if you’re idiot, we still love you.” Ricki comforted him.

“Be we do love you wife a lot more.” Bobbi smiled as the line moved.

“So you guys are fans of hers?” Mike asked dumbly.

“Fan of Carrie Underwood? That’s like asking an alcoholic if he enjoys the taste of alcohol.” Bobbi stated.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Mike laughed as the girls moved up n line now only one person away.

“And you think you’re not an idiot.” Ricki smiled at Mike’s expense.

Tweet from Mike Fisher

5 minutes with @RickiMartin7 and @BobbiHull9 and I have already been put into my place #theylovecarriemorethanme

Tweet from Matt Martin

Least you lasted 5 minutes @MikeFisher1212 some people couldn’t even last that long with @RickiMartin7 @BobbiHull9

Tweet from Bobbi

We just tell it how it is #realpeople @MattyMarts17 @MikeFisher1212

“So how long are you guys in Nashville?” Mike asked as they continued to wait in line.

“We leave on Christmas Eve.” Ricki answered.

“So that means we have to hang out as much as possible before the Columbus game.” Fisher said as he started making plans in his head.

“Who said anything about hanging out with you or your team?” Bobbi questioned.

“Because we are the coolest people you will ever meet.” Mike stated and then a laugh came from the front of the line.

“Sweetheart, stop lying to my fans.” Carrie said causing Ricki and Bobbi to turn around realizing they had finally made it to the front of the line. “Oh my god you’re Ricki and Bobbi! Can I get a picture with you guys?”

“Holy mother of Mary, you want a picture with us?” Ricki stated.

“Of course I do. I am a huge fan. I hack into Mike’s twitter account just so I can follow your tweets along with your videos on your website.” Carrie explained.

“I can’t believe it.” Bobbi said in shock. The girls were still getting used to the idea that they had actually had fans that weren’t famous or hockey players and now they have to get use to the fact that Carrie freaking Underwood is a fan.

“So can I get a picture with you guys?” Carrie asked again.

“Of course!” Ricki and Bobbi said together as Carrie gave Mike her phone so he could take the picture.

“What are you guys doing tonight?” Carrie questioned once she signed the pictures Bobbi and Ricki brought with them.

“Just going out to dinner, we don’t really have anything planned.” Ricki explained.

“Why don’t you come out to dinner with us?” Carrie asked wanting to spend time with these two girls who act normal but who are slowly climbing their way fame.

“We don’t want to impose. You guys probably don’t get much alone time together.” Bobbi said knowing how busy their schedules actually are.

“Nonsense, we want to hang out with you guys while you are in town.” Mike smiled.

“If you’re sure…” Ricki said cautiously.

“Of course we’re sure!” The cute couple said together.

“Text me where you are staying and Mike and I will pick you two up at 7.” Carrie said before giving Ricki and Bobbi her number.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Howdy, ya’ll. Ricki here while Bobbi is changing for tonight. You saw us earlier today when we were waiting in line for a Carrie Underwood autography. Now we’re going to dinner with her and her Canadian hockey playing husband Mike Fisher! How we got the chance to eat dinner with the, you ask? Long story short, Carrie Underwood is actually a fan of ours! I still can’t believe it! But tonight we are going to give her some of our wonderful song ideas that we have made up during our long car rides. Bobbi and I will inform you guys later if she likes the ideas or not, but until then be great, ya’ll.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“So Carrie, since Ricki and I have been in the car for hours at a time we have rewritten some songs that we think can become an instant hit.” Bobbi said when they got back to their hotel room after dinner.

“Oh really? And what are these songs you wrote?” Carrie asked causing Ricki to pull out multiple sheets of papers that had song lyrics on them.

“You re-wrote All American Girl?” Carrie asked as she read through the lyrics of ‘All Canadian Boy’.

“We thought it suits you better, now that you are married to a Canadian Boy. Plus we were able to relate it back to hockey.” Ricki explained with a smile.

“Are all of these songs about hockey?” She asked flipping through the lyrics of her newly changed songs.

“Yes.” Bobbi and Ricki said together.

“This isn’t even my song.” Carrie said as she pulled out the lyrics to ‘Trouble with Predators’ the spinoff of Scotty McCreery’s Trouble with Girls.

“We know but we liked how this sounded and we could change the name of the team to any other team.”

“Besides, it’s the lyrics to a fellow American Idol winner’s song.” Bobbi finished Ricki’s statement.

“I like it.” Carrie smiled as she pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

“Who are you calling?” Bobbi asked suddenly really nervous.

“You’ll see” Carrie said putting her phone on speaker.

“Hey Carrie, how are you” a male voice answered the phone

“I am good, how are you?”

“Good, enjoying life.” The voice replied.

“That’s good.” Carrie replied. “I have question for you Scotty.” Ricki and Bobbi gasped as they finally figured out who Carrie was talking too.

“What is your question?” Scotty McCreery asked.

“Well, I have two girls here with me who rewrote one of your songs and was wondering if I could sing it for their hockey blog.” Carrie asked.

“Hockey blog?” Scotty questioned. “Kind of like Ricki Martin and Bobbi Hull’s hockey blog?” The girls jaw dropped.

“Not kind of like it, that’s the one.” Carrie explained.

“Seriously!” Scotty basically yelled causing Carrie to laugh.

“Yeah they’re here with me right now.” Carrie said motioning for the girls to say something.

“Uh, hey Scotty.” Ricki and Bobbi said nervously into the phone.

“Hey!” Scotty said. “Are you girls in Nashville?”

“Yeah.”

“Where are you staying?” He asked. Ricki rattled off the hotel name. “Sweet, I am staying there too.”

“Awesome.” Ricki said but Scotty already hung up and a few minutes later there was a knock on their hotel door and Mike went and opened it up.

“Hello ladies.” Scotty walked into the room.

“Hey.” they mumbled.

“So let’s have Carrie record that song shall we.” Scotty smiled at the girls who had to keep reminding themselves that he was not legal.

The rest of the night was just fun and goofing off, Carrie recorded the song and Ricki and Bobbi got pictures with their new friends that weren’t hockey players. It was nice to spend a night just hanging out with friends not worrying about being at certain places at certain times.

“Hey the guys want to know if they may join you guys tomorrow for some sightseeing.” Mike asked as everyone was getting ready to leave.

“I suppose that’s ok.” Bobbi joked.

“I’ll be sure to tell them how excited you are.” Mike said sarcastically before giving both of the girls a hug. “We will be here at 10 to go.”

“10?” Ricki questioned, usually they were being woken up at ungodly hours by hockey teams to go site seeing.

“Yes 10, I know how evil you guys can get if you are woken up too early and I don’t want to be on the wrong side of that.” Fisher joked.

“Smart idea.” Bobbi said as she walked them out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Where to first?” Jordin Tootoo asked after Mike finished introducing Ricki and Bobbi to the team.

“Country Music Hall and Fame.” Ricki and Bobbi said excitedly as a couple of the team members groaned.

“Hey, if you don’t want to go then you can just stay here by yourselves.” Bobbi said giving the players options but everyone chose to go.

While the girls and a few of the players who have never been there before took in the feeling of the museum Mike Fisher, Pekka Rinne, Ryan Ellis and Francis Bouillon stole Ricki and Bobbi’s flip camera.

“Hey guys, Mike Fisher, Pekka Rinne, Ryan Ellis and Francis Bouillon here with Ricki and Bobbi’s camera.” Mike said once the four of them snuck off without Bobbi and Ricki noticing.

“We just wanted to tell all of you guys how great Ricki and Bobbi really are.” Ryan said taking the camera away from Mike.

“I’ve known them for just about a day, yet I feel like I have known them my entire life.” Mike said taking the camera back before Francis stole it from him.

“I haven’t even known them for more than a couple of hours but I do know them like you guys know them; fun, exciting, crazy, outgoing, kind, caring, and just wonderful.”

“We are so glad you guys follow them! However we do ask for a favor, we want you guys to help us out.” Pekka said taking the camera from Francis. “We have decided to play dirty and ask for your guy’s help in order for them to choose Nashville as the place they want to work.”

“If you guys could tweet them all about it or leave video messages telling them that this is where they are supposed to be we would love you guys forever.” Mike said finally stealing the camera back.

“Be great guys.” They all finished off the video before heading back to Ricki, Bobbi and the rest of the team before anyone noticed that they were gone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“That was seriously like one of the coolest museums I have ever been too.” Ricki said to the Predators as they all sat down for lunch.

“You’re telling me.” Craig Smith, a fellow country music enthusiast, agreed.

“I can’t believe you haven’t been there before and you live in Nashville.” Bobbi said to him.

“Nobody wanted to go with me; they either already had gone or are not country fans.” Smith explained.

“Well than I am glad we could be your excuse to go.” Ricki smiled at him before ordering her lunch.

Tweet from Seguin

Since @MikeFisher1212 and the #Predators get to play dirty in convincing you to stay in their city, the Bruins aren’t going to play fair either @RickiMartin7 @BobbiHull9 #thismeanswar #RickiBobbiNHLRoadtrippers

Ricki and Bobbi looked at each other confused about the last tweet.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Bobbi asked Ricki, who just looked over to Mike who had a sheepish grin.

“Fisher what did you do?” Ricki asked in a stern voice that made him cower a little.

“Just trying make you guys want to stay in Nashville.” He replied honestly.

“How?” Bobbi asked knowing that Tyler said something about playing dirty.

“By making a video saying why our team is the best.” Mike answered causing Ricki and Bobbi to laugh.

“I hope your realize that you probably just started a war between teams.” Bobbi said as tweets from different players and teams started saying why their own team is the best.

Tweet from Paul Bissonette

@MikeFisher1212 Hey @RickiMartin7 @BobbiHull9 haven’t even made it to the best team in the league yet, give them a couple months #thismeanswar #voteforphoenix

“Crap, I didn’t think that one through. I should have known the other teams would step up their game.” Fisher said smacking his head.

“You are one smart cookie, Fisher.” Ricki stated laughing at his expense.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“So that was fun.” Jack Maclellan said after Ricki, Bobbi and the rest of the team headed out of the Yazoo Brewing Company.

“That it was.” Bobbi agreed.

“I am so glad we got to spend the day with you guys hanging out.” Ricki added.

“Us too, we know how tired you guys must be from traveling but we are really glad that you weren’t too tired to chill with us.” Martin Erat said.

“Ricki and Bobbi too tired to hang out with NHL players? Slim to no chance.” Ricki joked but the yawn ruined it.

“It’s time for you two to get some sleep.” Mike said pulling the girls away. “You two have a big day tomorrow.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Thank you girls for coming in today.” Rebecca Ward King said as she finished giving the girls the tour of the Bridgestone Arena.

“Thank you for letting us come in and see the place.” Ricki responded politely.

“It was my pleasure,” Rebecca stated. “Now I hope you guys enjoy the game and stay safe on the rest of your travels.” She passed the girls their passes before leaving.

“Finally I thought she was never going to leave.” Jordin Tootoo appeared around the corner once Rebecca was out of sight.

“Were you following us the whole time?” Ricki asked.

“No,” Jordin looked down. “Yes, the boys put me up to it. We want to see you before the game.”

“You could have just texted us, you didn’t need to go all stalker on us.” Bobbi joked.

“But where’s the fun in that.?” Jordin responded as he led the girls to the locker room.

“True that statement.” Bobbi replied remembering the time when they stalked the Hawks.

“Guys look who I found lurking in the halls.” Jordin said as they entered into the locker room.

“You were the one lurking, we were simply touring.” Bobbi countered.

“Potatoe, Potato.” Jordin said shrugging it off.

“So boys, are you going to win tonight?” Ricki questioned.

The cheers of ‘hell yeah’s’ and ‘fuck yes’ rang through the locker room.

“Now that is the excitement I like to hear.” Coach Trotz said coming out of his office. “You two are going to have to leave now.” He said to Ricki and Bobbi who nodded, not wanting to interfere with their game.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Ricki here with the one of the 6 goal scorers tonight for the Nashville Predators, Nick Spaling.” Ricki said into the camera starting their normal post-game interviews. “So Nick, since it’s Christmas time, Bobbi and I are going to ask some Christmas questions.”

“Okay,” Nick said nervously knowing exactly how these interviews go.

“I am going to sing a line from a Christmas song and you must give me the name of the song.” Ricki explained, and Nick nodded that he understood. “Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la.”

“Deck the halls.” Nick answered after a few moments to think.

“Good.” Bobbi said taking the camera away from Ricki. “Ryan Ellis what Christmas plant is ‘Viscum’ used to label?”

“Uh, holly?” Ryan guessed.

“Nope wrong, the correct answer was mistletoe.” Ricki said taking the camera back.

“Martin Erat, what Christmas food is made from ‘marsh-whorts’?”

“I have no clue.” Martin said truthfully.

“Cranberry sauce.” Bobbi said taking the camera back for one final question.

“Now Mike Fisher, you have the last question, and it is the easiest because we want you guys to end this trivia on a good note. Who tried to steal Christmas from the ‘Whos of Whoville’?”

“The Grinch.” Mike answered positively.

“You would be correct.” Ricki said. “Now it’s time to say goodbye to our new friends as they travel tonight or tomorrow for home or to a relatives for Christmas.”

“We will see all of you in Carolina, and for those of you who celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas, and those of you who don’t Happy Holidays. Be great everyone!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed. Comment and Subscribe! <3