Status: In Progress

The Beginning to the End

Colorado

Image


The trip had been extremely long and just like Dallas, the girls were looking forward to spending the next day in bed with room service. They took the time to sleep and catch up with things they had missed; TV shows, movies, family, and friends. The put together some videos for the blog and made sure to keep it PG for their moms.

Their trip was nearing the end though there were thousands of miles left of the adventure. To them, it felt like they were just leaving for Boston several months ago. Now they were in Denver, Colorado, half way across the country.

Ricki lied in bed flipping through the different albums they created so far, looking back at the memories she thought she’d never make if it weren't for this trip. To be where she was right now was only a dream many shared. She was happy to bring it to life and wish everyone could experience such a thrill, minus the long car ride. Her body was stiff from being stuck in there for hours upon hours.

As she scrolled through the photos, she could recall each moment like it was yesterday; ice skating with the Rangers, going to the water park with the Devils, Thanksgiving with the Capitals, bird watching with the Hawks, Christmas with the Staals, beach time in Florida. All of it brought a smile to her face.

Is your road trip over yet?

Ricki smiled at the text from Sidney. He wasn’t the only guy asking if she was coming back yet. She never thought this would happen to her, she had caught the fancy of several of the eligible bachelors in the NHL, and they certainly had her attention. But she knew the difficulties that came with that.

Text from Ricki Martin:

No sorry. Almost though.

Text from Sidney Crosby:

Good. I want to see you again.

She sighed and replied with a Me too.

Ricki looked over at her friend, sleeping with her laptop beside her. She could see the different pictures that popped up and could hear the muffled sounds of music coming from her headphones. Her friend was feeling the same emotions as she; the internal battle of what was best for her.

She leaned over, reaching for the bedside lamp, flicking the switch and surrounding her with darkness, the only sound of life was coming from the soft music.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I hope all of you are rested and ready to continue our journey.”

“Because we are in Denver, Colorado. 18 cities in, 12 more to go.”
Ricki stated.

“We spent yesterday resting up and getting back the energy to explore Denver and all that it has to offer.”

“So stay close and enjoy the view.”
Bobbi closed out, turning the camera towards the beautiful Mountain View.

For the day the girls planned to walk around the city and see the sights. They shopped and took pictures at the different historical landmarks, eating at various places for meal time. They wanted to take today slow, still sore and tired from their trip. It was finally hitting them.

It wasn’t until the next day that they decided to do what seemed like the most appropriate thing to do in Denver…hit the slopes.

They caught a bus ride to Loveland Ski Area to take some lessons in skiing, ”This will certainly be interesting. Neither one of us have skied in our life and what better place than to start in Denver. We are just beginners though so we aren’t ready for any of those mountains that I’m sure the pros are use too.”

“Just enjoy the ride and try not to laugh too hard when we fall on our butts.”
Ricki closed out before the bus pulled into the ski lodge and everyone got off. They made their way to the lodge and made sure they were fitted and ready for their skiing lessons.

Luckily, there were only a few other people getting lessons, “Less people to see us embarrass ourselves.” Bobbi commented.

“Hello everybody.” Someone said, walking up to the group, “My name is Chase, I’ll be your instructor today.” As Chase went on introducing himself and giving some directions, the girls must of tuned him out, distracted by his handsome looks.

“Fuck, I don’t know what he said.” Bobbi shook her head, agreeing with her friend.

“Alright, let’s get going!”

Reluctantly, the girls followed their instructor and the rest of the group outside where he led them to a small hill to go over the basics of skiing. The girls seemed to get the hang of it but once Chase said it was time to hit the slopes, the girls suddenly forgot everything they’d learn, “Just like taking tests again.”

Chase had everyone in the class go down one at a time, giving Ricki and Bobbi the chance to update their video, [font= comic-sans] “You guys are in for a treat.”Bobbi started.

“We are about to take our first slope and at least one or both of us is going to fall flat on our faces. But we’re doing this for you guys.”

“Just remember you cannot submit this to AMF without our consent and agreement of who is going to get the money when we win.”

“Alright girls, you’re next!”
Chase called out, the girls were the last two to go down. The started shoving each other to get them to go first. What they hadn’t realized was that they were closer to the edge then they thought…while the camera was still rolling. Before either of them realized it, they were skiing down the hill, their screams of fright and excitement blaring into the camera microphone.

Later that night as they watched over the tape, they couldn’t help but laugh at the whole thing. Bobbi had been holding the camera, and you could see Ricki skiing faster down the hill, waving her arms around to keep her balance. When they both got to the bottom of the slope, they burst out laughing, falling to the ground that they had just made a scene in front of the other skiers and soon the internet, “We cannot upload that. That’s priceless.” By morning, the video had over 5,000 views.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After the crazy skiing event, the girls were excited to just be going to the Avalanche game and meeting with several different staff members.

They were changed and in their seats in time for warm-ups, “I’m going to get some food. You want some?” Bobbi asked. Ricki nodded and turned back to the ice. They had gotten some pretty good seats, sitting a few rows up from the glass by the Florida Panthers net. She took the moment to turn around with the ice behind her and snap a selfie for the blog. It wasn’t until after the picture was taken did she realize, she had just been photo-bombed…by the entire Florida Panthers team.

They had spotted her instantly. She wasn’t hard to find, especially if they were looking for either one of them. When they saw her turn and hold up her phone for a picture, they seized the opportunity, making faces, picking noses and anything else their strange minds could come up with in a split second.

When she saw it, Ricki turned back to them shaking her head but laughing ‘cause, well, it was funny.

Bobbi returned with some food and drinks. When she took a sip of her beer, Ricki showed her the picture causing Bobbi to snort her drink and go into a coughing fit, the fans and even the players turning and looking at her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I can still feel the beer in my nose.” Bobbi complained hours after the game. The girls decided to stop by a bar and grill still open and alive after the Avalanche game.

“I bet. You snorted up like half the glass.”

“Those jerks owe me a beer for my pain.”

“Excuse me?” The bartender said, “Those guys just bought you two rounds of beer.” The girls looked at where he nodded to find a table of familiar men dressed in suits all holding their own drinks in cheers.

“Those guys just bought us beer? All of those guys?”

“Each one of them. I’ve never seen half of the team each buy a beer for the same girls at the same time. So…do you want them now…?”

“We’ll just start with one each. Thanks.” The bartender poured them two glasses and left to take care of the other patrons. Ricki and Bobbi raised their glasses at, who they guessed was the Colorado Avalanche, and turned back around.

They had fallen back into their conversation, drinking their free beer when a voice said, “Mind if we join you?” Of course that voice would scare both the girls, even when Bobbi was drinking.

“For fucks sake! This is the second time today!” She yelled out, trying to blow the beer from her nose.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” The man tried to help grabbing a bunch of napkins and handing them to Bobbi.

“Way to go Gabe.”

“Definitely a great first impression.”

“I didn’t mean too!”

Once Bobbi calmed down and cleaned her nose of the stinging alcohol, she was able to forgive Gabriel Landeskog. Ricki had to explain to them the bad luck Bobbi was having with beer today, getting laughs from the guys but Bobbi mumbled to herself in frustration, “Can’t just drink a beer in peace, can I?”

The few guys that had gone to the bar had seen on Twitter that the girls were going there and wanted to see them. Everyone in the NHL had heard of these two and there was nothing bad spoken about them. And as the night went on, it was true. They were great people and certainly left an impression on the guys. They wouldn’t mind if the girls had returned to Denver the following year.

“You’re wrong.”

“I am not. It’s totally going to happen!” Bobbi had been arguing with Gabe for a while now and he wasn’t backing down.

“You can’t say stuff like that ‘cause then it won’t come true! That’s like touching the Stanley Cup before the end of the season.”

“No it’s not. Me saying that you could easily be captain within the next few years is totally possible! I’d bet you’d get it next year.”

“Fine…I’ll take that bet.”

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

“No, no. You say I’ll be named captain next year and I say it won’t. It’s a bet.”

“Okay then…what do I get when I win?” Bobbi asked, leaning forward on the table.

Gabe copied her, “What do you want?”

She hesitated, “If I win, I want to make a video of me doing the ‘I told you so’ dance for the world to see with you standing there and taking it like a loser. Oo, and your first jersey as captain to be given out signed and pretty. We’ll include that in the video.”

“I like the video idea. So when I win, I’ll be the one doing the ‘I told you so’ dance. And you have to come back to Denver, from wherever you end up next year, and go on a date with me. Deal?”

Bobbi eyed Gabe, tossing the bet around in her head before holding out her hand, sealing the deal with a shake.

The group finished off the night with their famous Q&A session and bid the guys good night. They had an early morning ahead of them for their next destination.

Tweet from Bobbi Hull:
Great time in Colorado! But it’s time to keep moving #earlymorning #Rickisnores @RickiMartin7

“I do not snore!” Ricki yelled in the middle of their closing video.

“How would you know? Anyways, tune in soon for the next video. As always, stay great!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well it's finally out. I can't apologize enough for how late this is. It's been kinda busy since I last posted. I can't promise when the next one will come out but I will try my best. Thanks for sticking with us and we hope you like it!