Status: In Progress

The Beginning to the End

Rangers

New York Rangers

Image



“In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do, now you’re in New York, these streets will make you feel brand new, the lights will inspire you. Let’s hear it for New York, New York, New York!”


“Hello again everyone!”

“I hope you had fun in Boston! We are now on our way to the Big Apple for our next game!”
Bobbi said into the Flip as she drove down Route 84 for their next adventure.

“We met a lot of nice people and had a great time with the Bruins. We just want to thank all of the guys and the Organization for such an experience. We defiantly will miss them.”

Ricki and Bobbi were sad to leave their new friends behind but it was bound to happen. The pair wouldn’t see their new friends the rest of the road trip but the boys all promised to keep in touch, having exchanged numbers and even followed each other on Twitter.

“But we are excited to see New York City and everything it has to offer. We’ll get back on once we made it to Ricki’s cousin’s place and let you know what’s on the agenda. So stayed tune and be great.”

Ricki turned the Flip off and sat back in the passenger seat. Closing her eyes, she reflected back on the new memories with their new friends. Both Bobbi and Ricki got over their chocolate wasted state and the nightmares from the Fright Seeing Tour and were able to enjoy the little time they had in Massachusetts. She couldn’t help but smile as she recalled the teasing and the jokes she and her friend shared with the players from the Boston Bruins.

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
How’s the trip going?

Reply: Ricki Martin
Long. My ass hurts. Thankfully we’re almost there.

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
Haha that’s good…not that your ass hurts but that you’re almost there :)

Reply: Ricki Martin
I gotcha haha. Soon I’ll get to walk the streets of NYC :)

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
Defiantly will be worth it. Take lots of pictures. I expect some Tweets

Reply: Ricki Martin
Try not to be too much of a creeper Ty but I’ll do my best.

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
That’s all I ask for :) Have fun!

“Who you texting?” Bobbi asked as she glanced away from the road quick to see the goofy grin on her friends face.

“It was just Tyler. He was asking about the trip.” Ricki asked. Bobbi laughed. She had noticed the young Forward had got smitten with Ricki on the days they hung out in Boston. Bobbi had to keep herself from cooing over them every time she saw them together. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh nothing, nothing at all.” Ricki rolled her eyes as her friend shook her head. Sometimes she never understood Bobbi. So she closed her eyes and relaxed as they finished up the last leg of their journey.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Alright everyone, we made it to Jersey where we will spend the next three or so weeks. We just pulled into Jeff’s driveway and my riding partner has fallen asleep,” Bobbi panned to a sleeping Ricki, her mouth slightly opened as she breathed a light snore, “I think it’s time to wake her up.” Bobbi reached into the car and pressed down on the middle of the steering wheel. The obnoxious horn blared causing Ricki to jump three feet in her seat, looking around confused.

“What the fuck was that for?” Bobbi had to do everything she could to remain standing up and not falling on her ass laughing.

“Rise and shine Sleeping Beauty. We’re in Jersey! Way to swear on camera. You’re mom isn’t gonna be happy.”

“Smurf you.” Ricki hissed getting out of the car.

“Okay, well I think that’s enough for today. See everyone in the morning. Be great!” Bobbi closed the camera and grabbed her overnight bag from the backseat.

“Come on, you would of done the same thing if it was me.”

“Damn right I would have.”

“Ricki! Good to see you made it!” Ricki’s cousin, Jeff, greeted as we walked up to the front door his New Jersey home.

“Nice to see you Jeff. This is my friend Bobbi.” She introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you. Come on inside, Gosha’s got dinner ready.” The four of them sat down together at the table for the girl’s first home cooked meal on this long trip. They discussed their plans for the time that they’re in the Jersey area and then what was to follow.

“Sounds like a great time. Are you visiting different cities on the way?” Gosha asked.

“Yeah, there are a couple places we want to see but we’ll mostly be moving to the main cities.” Ricki answered.

“And you guys are doing networking too?” Ricki nodded at her cousin.

“We were able to meet with every team for more networking.”

“And you’ll get a job with one of the teams?” Both girls nodded this time.

“There’s no way my mom would have let me go if it wasn’t for work.” Bobbi commented.

The rest of the conversation continued for a short while until the girls decided to turn in early. It had been a long drive and if they wanted to site see in the City, they needed some sleep.

The girls had their separate rooms with a joining bathroom. Both stood in their appropriate pajamas brushing their teeth, their eyes tired and posture slumped. Ricki’s phone buzzed on the countertop making both girls jump from the noise.

“Tell Tyler I said hi.” Bobbi said after spitting and walking into her room, the lights turning off and the sound of the bed creaking as Bobbi climbed in.

Ricki shut off the bathroom light and used her phone as a flashlight to the bed in the dark room. She flipped her phone over to see the name across the screen.

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
I’m exhausted x_x

Reply: Ricki Martin
What? I’m the one that drove 2 hours! You flew! :P

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
And it was wearing me out! All those peanuts I ate AND I had to sit with Brad

Reply: Ricki Martin
You poor thing. It must be hard being you >:P

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
It is. My life deserves a TV special

Reply: Ricki Martin
Yeah like America’s Most Wanted haha :)

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
Careful or you’ll end up on Predator Watch ;)

Reply: Ricki Martin
…Okay on that note I’m going to bed. TTYL ‘Night

1 New Text Message: Tyler Seguin
Haha okay. Sweet dreams Ricki

Ricki set her phone on the bedside table and let out a chuckle. That boy needs to watch it Ricki thought. The young Bruin wasn’t afraid to be forward with her and it was…different for Ricki. He was four years younger than her. Technically she’s not doing anything wrong…he is over 18 but just the thought. It seemed…odd. Maybe when he’s older.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Good morning New York!”

“And everyone else watching.”
Bobbi added.

“We’re on our way into the Big Apple for some sight-seeing. We’ve got the whole day to create chaos in the City just like we did in Boston. The only difference…”

“There are no Bruins to stop us.”

“We’ll get back on so we can show you where we’re going and where we plan to be. Stay tuned you beautiful people.”

“And be great.”
Bobbi closed out. “I’m so excited to go to New York. There’s so much to do.”

Bobbi had visited the City only one time before with some family and she loved every minute of it. She saw all different kind of sights but in such a short time frame. Today, she was getting the entire day to see what New York City had to offer.

Ricki, on the other hand, hadn’t been to the city like Bobbi. She was excited to see everything for the first time and couldn’t wait to get all the memories on camera.

When the train stopped at Grand Central Station, the flip was out and ready to go, “As we speak, we are in Grand Central Station making our way to the various sights in the city.”

“Our first stop will be Time Square. We promise to take loads of pictures and some video of everything.”
Ricki turned the Flip off and set it in her purse. The girls set off on the walk to Time Square, occasionally stopping in stores on the way. When they made it to their destination, they pulled out their camera and began snapping pictures. They went in every store in the area; Sephora, Toys ‘R’ Us, the M&M store, the Hershey Store, Forever 21, and so much more.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So did you two have fun today?” Gosha asked. The four of us met up at Bubba Gump’s for dinner. Their seat in the restaurant was a perfect view of the City lights brightening the night.

“Yeah, it was great. We saw a whole bunch of different places.” Ricki answered.

“And we even got some great pictures and videos of it all.”

“It must have been exciting. Since you’ve seen all of what New York has to offer, what are your plans for tomorrow?” Jeff questioned as our waiter set our food in front of us.

“We were planning on chilling at your place then catch the train in for our networking.” Ricki told him. Her cousin nodded, and we all dug into our dishes.

When they all arrived home, it wasn’t a surprise Ricki and Bobbi were turning in early. Their feet hurt from the constant walking, and their arms from all the bags they were holding.

“Ricki, you have to go to your own bed.” Bobbi told her friend who face planted into the wrong mattress.

“No. Me comfy. Me stay.” She mumbled into the comforter.

“No, this is my bed. Yours is over there.” Bobbi pointed to the other room.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

“Is that big nose?” Ricki asked, her head turned to see her friend biting her lower lip. “Dude, I can’t believe you kissed him.”

“And I can’t believe you didn’t kiss Tyler Seguin.” Bobbi came back with.

“He’s 19…that’s only one year over rape.” Ricki told her.

“Not if he wanted it.”

“So what does Brad want?” Bobbi shrugged.

“He just wanted to see how our day was. Tyler told him about the Tweets.”

“He’s a creeper.”

“You love it.” Bobbi joked. Ricki sat up on the bed, turning on her side completely facing Bobbi.

“It’s weird to think about. I mean, the chances of meeting them at the arena were kinda slim but the fact that we met them outside of that…it’s weird. I wasn’t expecting it.” Ricki confessed.

“I didn’t either. I just figured we might’ve seen them but not…”

“Kiss them?”

“Shut up.” Bobbi said hitting her friend with the nearest pillow.

“You and Marchy aren’t like…” Bobbi shook her head.

“There’s no way it’s possible. We don’t see them again on the trip, I checked, and I might not work in Boston. It was kind of a onetime thing.”

“That’s like the virgin form of a one night stand.” Bobbi rolled her eyes as Ricki laughed at the blush creeping up her friend’s cheeks.

“You know, when this happens to you, you can totally forget me helping. I’m just gonna make fun of you.”

“Whatever you say, dear. Now I’m going to bed. We’ve got a big day ahead of us.” Ricki tossed the pillow back at Bobbi and left for her own room.

Bobbi looked at her phone, going through her conversation she had been having all day with Brad. They talked the whole time, breaking whenever he had something going on. Their conversation was light and very flirty but deep down Bobbi knew it wouldn’t work. Boston was a great place and all but it wasn’t calling to her. She couldn’t picture herself being a Bruin, no matter how great the team was. She was hoping Brad understood that too.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I hope you enjoyed the tour.” Ryan Halkett, the Rangers VP Event Presentation, said. He had taken then girls around MSG showing them the different rooms and the jobs that were happening to get ready for the game less than an hour away. “It was a pleasure to meet you two. I hope you stay in contact. Your resumes were quite outstanding. If you’d like, you can leave your things here and come get them after the game.” Ryan commented. Ricki and Bobbi thanked him and left to change for the game.

As the girls walked down a hallway, there were a few guys circled around kicking a soccer ball around. From the logo on their chests, they were the Rangers.

“Can you actually believe we’re only mere feet away from a Staal?” Ricki gushed as she spotted blonde, 6’4” defenseman.

“Try to control yourself. We have to walk by them.” Bobbi told her. Ricki’s neck snapped, looking at her friend, eyes wider than saucers. Bobbi laughed just as an object rolled into her leg. Both girls looked down to see the blue and red soccer ball, and the players glancing at them, “Little help?” One said. Bobbi placed her foot on top of the ball and rolled it underneath the ball popping it up and catching it. She and Ricki walked it over, tossing the ball to Carl Hagelin who watched impressed. “Thanks.”

“Good luck tonight boys.” Bobbi said as she and Ricki continued down the hallway. From behind them a low whistle was heard, causing the girls to grin wide.

Once the girls were changed, they retraced their footsteps back towards the exit but their paths crossed with the soccer playing hockey players.

“See, she knows where it’s at.” Ryan Callahan said as the girls got closer. Ricki felt the heat rise in her cheeks as the Captain of the Rangers acknowledged her shirt.

“Who do you have?” Marc asked, pointing at Bobbi. She turned around, revealing the giant 18 on her back, “Smart girl. Good choice.”

“Are you two going to the game?” The soccer game had come to a halt as some of the guys gathered around the two girls.

“Of course. Should be a good game.” Ricki replied.

“Hey, are you playing or what?” Michael Del Zotto said, just after he threw the ball at Marc’s arm and stopping in front of Bobbi. She picked the ball up just like before and began to juggle it on her knee then kicking back to the young defenseman.

“She’s good. I bet she’s better than you Zotto.” Marc’s simple teased turned into a full out competition between the two girls and the New York Rangers. The friendly game came down to the wire as the game was around the corner and Michael and Bobbi were the last two players.

“She’s very good. Does she play?” Marc asked as he, Ricki, and some of the other guys who stuck around watched on.

“High School All-American and Senior Excellence Award.” Ricki told them. The guys nodded, more impressed with the soccer skilled brunette.

“Did you play?”

“Not soccer. I preferred softball.”

“Sweet. And you’re both into hockey?”

“Yeah, are families are huge fans. I use to play when I was younger.”

“Her too?” Ricki let out a snorted laugh.

“She’s never stepped foot on ice.”

“What?” Distracted by this revelation, Michael wasn’t paying attention when Bobbi kicked the ball to him, ending the game and declaring Bobbi the winner. “You’ve never skated?” He asked turning to the victor who gave him a simple shrug.

“No one would take me.”

“Come on boys, time to get ready for the game.” Martin Biron said, his head popping out of the locker room.

“Guess that’s time for us to leave. See you later boys.” Ricki said waving to the players as she and Bobbi went to find their seats.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Though the soccer game didn’t end in favor of the Rangers, the hockey game did. They beat out the Sharks 5-2. It was a good night in the Garden for everyone who attended, even Ricki and Bobbi.

The girls had made a sign for their trip and people asked them about this trip. Once they heard the story, everyone would say, “That has got to be the best trip ever!” Some even promised to follow them on Twitter. It was slightly creepy with a touch of heart-warming.

Once the arena cleared out some, the girls headed down to get their bags and then back to Jeff’s place. As they were leaving someone called out, “Hey wait up!” One would think that after playing soccer with them, one would get over the fact of being around the Rangers. At this moment, Ricki and Bobbi struggled to keep their inner fangirls in check. “Where are you two headed?” Michael asked, the same smile since the final buzzer rang still on his face.

“Home.” Ricki answered.

“How ‘bout a trip to Bryant Park?”

“What for?”

“To celebrate, of course!”

“And a little birdie told us someone doesn’t know how to skate.” Marc added. Bobbi turned to glare at her big mouth friend. “Someone going into the hockey business should know how to skate and we want to take you.”

“You want to take us skating?” Ricki asked.

“Isn’t that what we said?” Without any more persuading, the boys were taking Ricki and Bobbi to Bryant Park for some good ole ice skating…with the New York Rangers.

“Guys, seriously…you don’t need to do this. I’m perfectly fine chilling here on this bench.”

“Nonsense! Everyone should know how to skate.” Mike was sitting beside Bobbi on the bench, tying up her left skate while Ricki was taping it all.

“Maybe in Canada!”

“Don’t argue with me!”

“Yeah Bobbi! Don’t argue with the man. Besides, we can win ten thousand dollars for this.” Ricki teased. Bobbi gave her the not-so nicest finger and let Mike help her to her feet.

“It’s not that hard to do. You push off with one leg and then you push off with the other. Simple as that.” Mike explained.

“Yeah, even that three year old is doing it.” Ricki pointed out on the other side of the ice rink. The other guys that had joined laughed, skating circles around Bobbi and Zotto.

The night was a perfect for a night on the ice. Couples skated arm in arm, parents teaching their children how to put one foot in front of the other, and friends laughing at memories that were bound to last a lifetime.

Ricki was able to get a couple good pictures with the Rangers and their families, plus some good footage of the overgrown children disguised at twenty and plus men having a good time. At one point, Marc had taken Ricki’s Flip and began filming his own little adventure and Ricki skated around with Carl Higelin. Bobbi, of course, was still getting the hang of things has Michael pulled her around the Citi Pond.

The girls would have never dreamed that they’d be ice skating with the New York Rangers, just like they never would have imagined they’d take a scary tour with the Boston Bruins. This was just a mere networking trip. It was turning out to be so much more.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So where are you headed to next?”

The next morning, some of the guys promised to meet Ricki and Bobbi for brunch. They claimed they wanted to spend one more time with them before they left the City.

“We’re going to see the Islanders then the Devils play. Then we’re off to Philly.” Bobbi explained.

“That’s gotta be awesome.”

“When do you stop by Pittsburgh and Carolina?” Marc asked, sipping his coffee.

“Pittsburgh is just after Thanksgiving and Carolina is right after Christmas.” Ricki told him.

“You’ll have to tell my brothers I said hi.”

“Wait,” Ricki pulled out the Flip, “How about you send them a message?” She scooted next the Staal.

“Good morning world. Ricki here with Bobbi, and our new friends for brunch on this beautiful day. Boys, have anything to say to the world?” Ricki panned the table of hockey players, all of whom waved and smiled those million dollar watt smiles.

“Marc, I, and the rest of the world, knows that you’ve got two other brothers in the NHL and one on his way. Is there anything you’d like to say to them?” Ricki asked showing the defenseman from Thunder Bay.

“Yeah. Jordan, try and keep Crosby and Letang away from these two. All they want to do is touch Letang’s hair and find out just how big Crosby’s butt really is. And Eric…just hide Skinner. He won’t be able to hand the two of them.”

“Well thanks Marc. Now they’re going to get restraining orders on us.”
Bobbi said from behind the camera. The boys laughed.

“You didn’t let me finish…anyways, as crazy as they might be, they’re two of the coolest people I’ve met. And to anyone watching this, make sure you follow them on this trip. It’s gonna be sick.”

“You heard it ladies and gentlemen. This trip is Marc Staal approved. Stay tuned for our next adventure when we visit the Nassua Coliseum where we’ll create destruction. Stay great!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Second Chapter up! Hope you enjoyed! Keeping reading as Ricki and Bobbi continue their travels.

Keep reading. Subscribe and comment. Much appreciated!!