Status: In Progress

The Beginning to the End

Islanders

Image




“I want to wake up in that city that doesn’t sleep, and find I’m king of the hill, top of the heap. My little town blues, they are melting away. I’m gonna make a brand new start of it. In old New York.”


“Hey guys, we are still in New York for the Islanders game tomorrow. What are we going to do today you ask? Well we are sitting here waiting for a family friend to meet us here so we can get in line to see the Statue of Liberty.”

“But it’s not just any of Ricki’s family friends it’s Marty Reasoner.”
Bobbi said grabbing the camera out of Ricki’s hand.

“What about me?” Marty said coming up with a huge smile on his face and hugging Ricki then he hugged Bobbi. “What are you wearing?

“We were waiting here for like ever” Bobbi complained.

“Sorry but the guys don’t like mornings very much.” Marty said motioning behind him as up walked DiPietro, Bailey, Martin, Tavares, and Hamonic.

“Oh heeeyyy” Bobbi said trying to act casual.

“Knowing Ricki, I knew she would say the more the merrier.” Marty said as he introduced us to the rest of the team.

“Well guys, it’s time to climb the Statue of Liberty. Be Great fellow Americans.” Ricki said as she casually made fun of Seguin who has continued to text her about how Canadians are better than Americans.

“Why are the lines so long?” Martin complained after an hour of standing in line.

“Easy there Matty, we will be inside Lady Liberty shortly.” Bailey stated his mind obviously in the gutter.

“Did you really just say that?” Bobbi questioned, knowing exactly what he meant. Bailey just blushed, not really knowing what to say to that because he just met her and didn’t want to seem like a complete asshole.

“He really did just say that, his mind made a home in the gutter.” DiPietro stated for the red face Canadian forward.

“Well then, I guess Bobbi and I found a new neighbor.” Ricki said causing everyone to become really confused. “Our minds live in the gutter as well so Bailey here is a new neighbor.” She explained herself, which caused everyone to laugh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I never knew lines could tire you out so much.” Tavares mumbled walking into his house, which he invited everyone back to, to just hang out and eat dinner.

“Seriously, they should put chairs and benches throughout the line, so people can sit down if they want too.” Hamonic said, which caused Ricki and Bobbi to laugh. “Do you think I am kidding?” he questioned quirking an eyebrow at them.

“It wasn’t that bad, you guys are just being babies.” Ricki said causing Bobbi to nod in agreement. Both girls were used to standing for hours on end, from working 8am to 4pm every Saturday and Sunday and then working the Rochester Americans games until 11pm.

“That was a low blow, Miss. I-can-stand-for-hours-and-not-be-tired.” Tavares stated before going to the closet.

“Babies can’t play Clue.” Tavares said moments later emerging with the board game.

“I’m in” Bobbi said as it was her all-time favorite board game. Everyone else agreed so while Ricki and Bobbi set the game up, Bailey ordered dinner.

Bobbi grabbed Miss. Scarlet as her player, while Rickii quickly grabbed Ms. Peacock. Bailey, Hamonic and Tavares quickly grabbed the three guys which left, Martin as Mrs. White.

“You know what guys; you know I am the sexiest maid you have ever seen.” Martin says when he returned to the living room after he finished ordering the food.

A few hours later, the living room had empty take out containers, and beer cans scattered around, but was filled with laughter from the four Islanders and their two new friends.

“It was Mr. Green, in the Billiard room, with the lead pipe.” Martin said in his fake British accent giving him the win.

“This had to be one of the longest Clue games I have ever played.” Ricki said in her British accent as her phone went off causing her and Bobbi to dance to the ringtone Sexy and I know it.

“Aren’t you going to answer that?” Hamonic asked after Ricki just let it play.

“Don’t you see us rocking?” Ricki said back as the phone stopped ringing for a couple seconds before it rang again.

“Hey Mom” Ricki said finally answering which caused the boys and Bobbi to yell “Hey Mrs. Ricki’s mom.”

“Hey Ricki, how’s it going?” Mrs. Martin questioned.

“Good just hanging out with a few new friends.” Ricki said.

“Be careful, who you hang out with dear, you never know who they might be.” Her mother said in a motherly tone which caused Ricki to roll her eyes.

“Yes ma.” She said.

“I just wanted to check in and make sure you’re still alive. But I will let you go, but please call me soon.”

“Will do.” Ricki responded while mentally making a note to remind her to call her mom.

“Tell Bobbi I said hi and whoever else yelled hi to me, I love you Ricki.” Her mom said.

“Love you too.” Ricki said before hanging up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“And this is the locker room, our last stop.” Joe Giarraputo, the Islanders Event Operations Coordinator said. “You are free to come in here and change for the game and hang out if you want, you do have the passes already.” He said to the girls as he shook their hands. “It was a pleasure meeting you.” He finished before he pointed to the door where they could exit and re-enter. Then left to go finish everything he needed to do before the game started.

The girls just stood outside the locker room door for a couple minutes just taking in their surroundings. Touring TD Garden and MSG was really cool but being at the Nassau Coliseum the feelings that this was actually hit them.

As they stood in the hallway the locker room door opened revealing an Islander player who was just wearing shorts about to go for a light jog around the arena. “Who do we have here?” he questioned suggestively as the locker room door opened again revealing Martin but the other player didn’t notice. “The name is Michael Grabner, after the game do you want to go back to my house?” Ricki and Bobbi pretended to throw up.

Martin slapped the back of Grabner’s head. “Hasn’t anyone ever told you how to treat women? Try using some respect. They are perfect, treat them that way!” he said before pulling Ricki and Bobbi into hugs as Grabner left to go on his run.

“Sorry about him, he is a jerk sometimes.” Martin said as he walked outside with the girls so they could grab their clothes.

“It’s alright we are used to guys being jerks.” Bobbi said which made his face go into a hurt puppy dog look.

“Not you” Ricki quickly said causing him to smile as they walked back into the arena.

“So will you guys do us a favor?” Bobbi said after the girls were introduced to the rest of the players.

“Depends?” Reasoner said knowing that a favor for Bobbi and Ricki could mean just about anything.

“Well…” Ricki started before blasting her i-pod with Sexy and I know it and Bobbi turned on the flip. Most of the players understood that the girls wanted to dance, and so they did. By the second I’m sexy and I know it the whole team was dancing.

“That was the favor?” Okposo asked.

“Actually no,” Ricki smirked. “We were wondering if we could interview a few of you?” A few of them agreed but made sure that it would be quick since it was before a game.

“Hello guys, Ricki and I are at the Coliseum with the Islanders forward and Honeoye Falls native Marty Reasoner.” Bobbi started.

“Marty, do you have anything you would like to say family and friends back home?” Ricki asked not knowing what to ask a guy she grew up with.

“Actually yes there is but it is a question. Why would you let these two girls cause terror around the US and Canada?” Marty joked.

“Funny.” Bobbi said turning the camera to Josh Bailey. “So Bailey, I have a very important question to ask you. Doesn’t ‘expecting the unexpected’ make the unexpected expected?” Bobbi asked with completely straight face.

“Ah, I guess but do you actually know what the unexpected is?” he answered with a question.

"Yeah we don't answer questions with questions that defeats the whole purpose." Bobbi said turning the camera to Martin.

“Martin, this question may be the most important question ever asked. Can I have your number?” Ricki asked completely serious but Martin laughed.

“Good one” he said.

“I am serious.” Ricki replied as Bobbi brought the camera really close to his face to capture the awkward moment. After a few seconds he pushed the camera away.

“Well guys we tried, now it’s time for us to enjoy the game, stay great.” Bobbi said turning off the flip.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Well that game sucked.” Ricki said as she and Bobbi were still in their seats after the arena cleared out after the 3-0 loss to the Jets.

“Tell me about it.” Bobbi said staring at the ice, thinking of how bad losing is but losing without even scoring sucks even more.

“And we have to go get our clothes from the guys locker room.” Ricki said knowing how depressed and pissed off the guys are going to be. So Ricki and Bobbi just sat there for a while until an usher came over.

“Sorry ladies you guys are going to have to leave.” He said tiredly.

“Oh yeah, sorry.” Bobbi quickly apologized that her and Ricki have held him up from going home. Ricki and her got up to leave when Martin, Bailey, Reasoner, and Tavares came over.

“Leo, they are with us.” Reasoner said sitting down next to the girls.

“Sorry about losing tonight.” Tavares said breaking the silence after a few minutes.

“We really wanted to win for you guys.” Martin chipped in handing over Ricki and Bobbi’s bag.

“It’s ok, boys. We forgive you.” Bobbi smiled at them.

“Good cause we are going out to party to celebrate your third stop.” Bailey said standing up and pulling Bobbi up with him.

“Even Mr. Old-guy over there?” Ricki questioned knowing that he had a wife and kid to get home too.

“No, I am going home, but Katie and the kids will be at brunch tomorrow. Katie really misses hanging out with everyone.” He smiled before hugging the two girls and leaving.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Time to get up.” Martin whispered into Ricki’s ear as Bailey did the same into Bobbi’s ear in the other room.

“Ugh,” Ricki groaned before realizing Martin was in her room. “How did you get in?” she questioned.

“Your very nice cousin Jeff.” He smiled his award winning smile.

“Well then my very nice cousin can let you out.” Ricki said turning on her side trying to go back to sleep so Martin grabbed her phone.

“Can you unlock your phone for me?” he asked her which caused her to sit up.

“Why?” she questioned taking her phone and unlocking it but didn’t give it back.

“No reason.” He smirked grabbing it from her quickly before she had a chance to move. He played around with it for a few seconds while Ricki gave him a death glare before he gave it back.

“Ricki” Bobbi said coming into Ricki’s room still have asleep. “Tell your cousin he sucks.”

“No problem.” Ricki said laying back down and Bobbi laid next to her, while Bailey and Martin jumped on them.

“We are going to be late for brunch if you two don’t get a move on.” Bailey said.

“Fine.” The girls said getting out of bed and getting ready.

Brunch with the girl’s new Islander friends was full of laughter and some crazy stories of pranks that the team has done and the pranks that the girls have done. When everybody said goodbye Ricki and Bobbi were on the way back to Jeff’s when they each got a text.

To: Ricki and Bobbi

From: Matt Martin

Here’s my number. Have fun with the rest of the road trip. See you in Chicago.

Matty.


New Tweet Mention from @mattymarts17:

Watch out #NHL here come @RickiMartin7 @BobbiHull9 #yougogirls #coolestpeopleever #goodluck #nothingcanstopthem
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed...I don't know much about the Islanders, so sorry if I got some things wrong.

Comment and Subscribe...

:)