Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 1: Mama told me when I was young "Come sit beside me, my only son."

Frank's POV

I sat at the corner of my bed, staring at my pale meeky skin. My eyes had sunk in, looking as if I were malnutritioned. My once plump, pink, Cupid bow lips were chapped and faded. I am dying slowly, I could almost feel the cancer eating my body away day by day. I remember the day I had found out about this retched illness.

It was as if that one day was meant to make my life a living hell till the day I die... I remember having to be escorted off of the school premises in an ambulance because of the amount of internal pain I had felt that day.

I remember both of my parents showing up to the emergency room as the nurses ran tests on me. I remembered the way their faces turned pale and the look on their faces as the doctor announced the news. I remember the doctor telling them that the cancer in my body was too far along to do chemo therapy. Another thing in my test results that the doctors had told my parents that I was also a hermaphrodite, meaning I had female working organs and that I could have children.

When we had gotten home later that night, my parents started to fight. You'd think that they would have some type of sympathy for their dying son, but it ended up with my dad packing his stuff and leaving. 

If I wasn't already sad, it killed me when I had looked out of my window and I saw his car pull away from the house.

It's been about a year since my diagnose. The last doctors appointment, the doctor had told me I now had about six months to live.

It was now October, the month of my birthday... I mean my last birthday. Next month, November, would be my last Thanksgiving. December would be my last Christmas. The first of January would be my last new year. February would be my last valentines, spent alone... Then comes march... The month where the cancer spreads to my main organs, and it shuts them all down... The month I die. 

You see it'd be less painful for me to get shot in the head, it's instant and isn't prolonged. But then again I want to live what's left of my life to the fullest. 

The only thing I will not get to experience in this time, is to fall in love. You see, I want that prince charming that would ride up on his horse and protect me. But I know it won't happen anytime soon, or at all for me. 

I sighed before I stood painfully onto my legs and I made my way towards my dresser. I opened one of my drawers and I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. Once I had them pulled on I pulled on my hat and I applied make up to my eyes to make them look less deadly. I pulled my slip-on vans and I grabbed my jacket off of my bed. I sighed grabbing my bag.

This year was my senior year. I would die at eighteen, that is after I turn eighteen. I walked down stairs and I saw my mom sitting at the bar having her morning cup of coffee. She looked up at me an gave me a sad smile. 

I knew I would never see a genuine smile on her face ever again. I was her baby, and I was dying. She'd never get to see me marry anyone. She'd have to watch me die alone and in pain. 

I hugged her before grabbing an orange from the fruit basket.

"Have a good day at school." My mom quietly said. I smiled and nodded before walking out of the kitchen.

---

Have you ever felt as I people were staring at you with pity? It's carved into their eyes as they stare at me pass them. I got to my locker and I turned the dial. I opened the locker and I grabbed my books, despite the 3,000 page English book and 900 page Physics book. My bag felt like a ton on my shoulder, it made me wince in pain. I slowly made my way to my home room.

While walking in the hall the stares somewhat became nerve wracking. I turned my head to see who was staring and I accidentally ran into someone. I fell onto the floor and I let out a cry of pain.

Tears brimmed my eyes and I tried getting up. But the pain was just too much. The guy, who I had not ever seen before, held his hand out for me.

"I'm sorry sugar." He said smoothly. "Are ya okay?" He asked. I nodded my head before quickly wiping away my tears and scurrying off to my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Simple Man by Shinedown
Soooooo...
Like?
Love?
Comment... Cause I'm gonna start the next chapter ^_^
xoxo, Bri
Ps. If you no like the fact there's grammar or spelling errors...
Well, we all know to blame it on the iPod.