Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 10: Say What You Mean, Tell Me I'm Right.

[A/N:This is the second update! Go back one if you have not read the other]

Gerard's POV

I was supposed to marry the prettiest girl in town, her name was Elizabeth. Did I like her? Not in the slightest bit... But her twin brother Elijah caught my attention. His beautiful brown hair and emerald green eyes. I loved how his small nose would scrunch up when he sneezed. And his beautiful pink cupid bow lips, just looked so kissable.

Elizabeth was walking beside me in the medow near her house, she kept on talking about how adorable I was. I kept my hands in my pockets and I was fumbling around with my pocket watch. I ran my hand through my hair and I looked around the medow, ignoring on what she was talking about. She pulled on my arm and she started to pull me off toward another direction. I gave her a questioning look as I heard our feet pounding on the grass. She pushed past bushes. I heard a slight splash and water pounding against more water. My eyebrows furrowed and she pulled me further into the wooded area.

"Eliza what are you doing?" I asked her as we were now infront of the lake that had a waterfall.

"We are gonna go swimmin'." She said with her accent.

"But Eliza, we can't I need to be taking you home right about now." I said pulling my pocket watch out of my pocket. I pressed the button so it would open and it indeed was time to take her home. My father and her parents wanted us back before sunset.

"Elijah will cover for us, wontcha Eli?" She asked as a head popped out of the water.

"Sure sister but if him or I get in trouble. I think we know what happed last time." He said with a glare.

"Elijah cleaning the stable's is a bad thing." She said.

"When it's hotter than hell itself, it is sister." He muttered.

"Well at least you can spend some time with my fiance." She said with a grin.

"Right..." He said with a smile.

"Gerard dear, would you mind helping me out of my dress? This wire is hurting me." She asked me. I rolled my eyes and I walked behind her and I started to undo the lace's on her back, she shrugged out of the long sleeved dress and tugged on her gold butterfly clip that held her hair up. I pulled the dress above her head and her knickers were now in full display. "Thank you dear." She said pecking my cheek. I rolled my eyes.

"I think I'll stay out here." I said while sitting on a rock. She ran into the water and she giggled when she surfaced. Elijah splashed at her and to quit playing around. She splashed back at her brother and her hair started get wet. I stood to my feet and I started to walk back and forth.

"Gerard why don't you join us?" Elijah asked.

"I just am anxious to get home. My parents and your's want us home before sun down." I said.

"Well don't worry it is still noon." He said pointing above out heads. I nodded and sat down once more.

---

When Elizabeth got out of the water so did her brother. Instead of him being in his knickers as his sister was he was as bare as the day he was born. He had a small stomach and he was giggling at his sister who tripped over a rock and stumbled.

I could feel my gaze starting to go lower as he walked toward where his clothes were sitting on a rock. Elizabeth was getting dressed in was getting dressed behind the tall over grown bushes as I sat on the rock. I knew she was draining the water off of her knickers as best as she could.

Elijah looked toward my direction as he pulled on his pants, he gave me a wink before going back to what he was doing.

He looked behind the bushes where his sister was.

"Brother do not look in on a lady when she is changing!" She yelled.

"Well I was seeing if you had your knickers dried or not. It's not my fault you wore them." He said giggling. His giggle was like a child's melodous laughter, it only drove me more insane.

"So Gerard, what do you like about my sister?" He asked sitting beside me.

"To be honest I don't even like her I like someone else." I sighed.

"Oh, well then. Who is this person?" He asked casually. Instead of over reacting like most brothers would he seemed to be okay with it.

"It's more forbidden, but they're related to her." I said not hinting it.

"Well Gerard... Is it my mother?" He asked. He took off his hat and sat it down on his lap.

"No." I answered simply looking up at the sky. I pulled my watch out and it showed that it was three in the afternoon. Elijah shifted a little toward me and he leaned in a little.

"Is it me?" He whispered in my ear making me shutter.

"Like I said it's forbidden." I said. He pulled away and he was now grinning at me because I had told him my secret.

"It'll be our little secret." He said leaning forward and he placed his cupid bow lips on mine.

It felt so right.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit: Ballad Of Monalissa by Panic! At The Disco.
So this is just a small bit of Gerard's past...
The next chapter will be another bit...
But comment and tell me what you think...
Cause you guys must be seriously confused right???
(That means I'm doing my job right.) :P