Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 12: Dawn, Cast Away In Time

Mikey's POV

The morning that had turned out to be probably my worst yet my best. I had woken up to the sound of silence. I poked my head up from my straw made bed and had seen the sun had rose. It was raining outside and from what I could tell the house was silent, dead silent. Usually when I woke up in the morning Gerard was already cooking breakfast. He'd always tell me, 'Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gets your brain muscles working.' 

Maybe he was just running late this morning. 

I rolled out of my bed and rubbed my eyes. I picked up my glass of water that I always had on my night stand both Gerard and I had built. Once the glass was empty I walked into my brothers room. He looked like he would any other time he was sleeping, on his side toward the window.
 
I nudged his shoulder and instead of the normal groan he usually gave didn't escape his lips. 

"Brother?" I said nudging him again. "Brother?"

Silence.

"Gee c'mon get up." I said nudging him again. I was starting to get worried and I pulled him to where he was now facing me. My eyes widened and tears made their way to my eyes. 

"Gee." I sobbed pulling the knife out of his hand and throwing it on the hardwood floor, it made a clattering sound before it went silent. "Gee please! Gee wake up... Brother wake up!" I was shaking him now.

I knew there was no hope in doing it seeing as the blood on the white cloth was brown now. I quit shaking him and I laid down on him clutching on his pajamas. 

"Brother... Please." I whispered. 

---

I had laid on my brothers cold body for more than an hour. My head was to his cold dead chest. 

Thump...

My head shot up.

Did someone knock on the door? I asked myself getting off my brother. I looked out of the window and saw no one. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked around my room to see what the noise could have been. But I saw no sign of anything other than my brother who could have made the noise... And he was obviously dead... 

The sound didn't repeat itself and I just crawled in the bed next to my brother once more. My head was on his chest once again before I heard the thump sound once more.

Tha-Thump. Thump... Thump. 

My head jolted up this time and I had realized it was my brother. There was a shaky breath that escaped my brothers mouth.

"Gee?" I asked shaking him once more...

That's when he opened his eyes.


[A/N=Mwhahah, you actually thought I was gonna give it away.]

Present day.

"Mikey why can't I come in? I mean it's not like anything could get worse!" Frank yelled at me from the door. This was the second day he had come to see Gerard. 

"Frank he's highly contagious... I don't think it'd be suggestible to see him right now." I said starting to shut the door. 

"Well then Mikey... If he's so fucking sick, why aren't you sick? And why are you staying home to take care of him?" He asked. 

"Frank, someone has to take care of him..." I said hinting for him to go away.

"I don't care if I get sick I just wanna go see him." Frank pleaded. 

"Frank, he's sleeping right now I can't let him see you really." I said. 

"So... Mikey just please..." He pleaded. This was the time of the month where Gerard had to stay in the house during the day. But at night he wouldn't be as noticeable well that is if they can see what he was.

At night he could blend in well, but if he were to go up to a mortal they'd freak out. 

"Why?" I asked keeping my ground.

"'Cause I'm fucking dying and I just wanna talk to him!" He practically yelled before slapping his hands over his mouth looking at me wide eyed. 

"Wh-What?" I asked him. 

"N-Nothing, I said nothing." Frank said.

"Your dying?" I asked. If this is hurting me it's gonna devastate my brother. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Not Ready to die by avenged sevenfold
.....
I'm going on a cruise... Soo no updates till maybe tuesday or wednesday...
D: Gerard..
I know your reading thus...
You know who to talk to while I'm gone... I might message you a couple of times... Before boarding the boat... So yea...
And well to you guys...
:P you still don't know.
Guess...