Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 13: What If The Devil Was A Lie, What If God Did Not Exsist?

Gerard's POV

I heard Mikey arguing with someone at the door. When Miley paused I heard the angelic voice of Frank. But the words that spewed out of his mouth made me sad. He was dying?

I looked at Mikey who looked back, almost shutting the door in the process. 

"Mikey please, please don't tell Gerard. I just... I just wanna have some type of friendship with someone who won't treat me as if I'm dying. I lied to the both of you so I could be treated equally. Even Bob, who I used to date, is treating me like I'm glass. In about five months, I'm going to be dead. And the way everyone treats me now, I won't get to have an enjoyable time before I die.

"I'll just be treated like a mother fucking fragile piece of glass." Frank ranted. 

"Frank calm down." Mikey said.

"Mikey all I wanna do is talk to Gerard... Please." Frank begged.

"One minute, lemme go ask him..." Mikey said shutting the door.

"You heard it didn't you?" Mikey asked. I nodded my head solemnly and I closed my eyes letting the tears fall from my eyes. "Brother I know how you feel." Mikey said hugging me. 

"He-He can't die Mikey... He just can't." I sobbed into my little brothers chest. 

"He'll live brother you have to remember, he's probably dying from a natural cause, he probably will become an angel." Mikey said. "Or you can make him immortal as you did me."

"Mikey it's been well over a century since I've done any of that. I just can't..." I said.

"Brother you know you can... You just have to think of it and what you did to me." Mikey said.

"I'll look through the book of Xavier again, but I'm not making any promises." I said looking down. I really wanted Frank to live, I've fallen in love once before. When I was at the gates of heaven God sent me back down a day after I had arrived, saying I had one more chance at love. He told me that for someone who was in a luxurious heaven, I was sad. He told me when I arrive back on earth I had one more chance, that'd I never age, and that my white wings would be black. And that once a month, for a week, my wings would be on full show.

When I accepted the offer, my spirit flew right back into my body and that's when I woke up to my little brothers face, hovering over me. His eyes were wide and tears were still streaming down my face. 

To say I was happy to have another chance would be true. But now... I'm regretting it. The boy I had fallen in love with so fast is dying and all I could do at this moment is watch it happen.

"Let him in..." I said sitting down on the couch. 

"But Gerard..." Mikey said nodding toward my wings.

"I said let him in." I said resting my head on the back of the couch. I heard Mikey sigh before he opened the front door. 

"C'mon in." Mikey said.

"Where is he at?" Frank asked.

"Sitting in the living room." Mikey said softly. I turned around so I could see Frank and he sat down on the chair next to me. Apparently the whole time he was looking down, he still was... I stood to my feet and I walked over to him and got on my knees and I grabbed his hands. He looked at me in my eyes as I did his. A moment later he gasped.

"Gerard? Why do you have wings? Are you dressing for Halloween a little too early?" Frank asked. 

"No Frank... These are real..." I trailed off. He let out a squeak before reaching out to touch my raven wings. I shuttered at the touch and a shiver went down my spine. 

"But how're they real?" Frank asked.

"Well you see, I used to be an angel... But God gave me a second chance for love. So he sent me back down to earth as a fallen angel." I sighed. 

"Huh?" Frank asked with a dumbfounded look on his face. 

"I'm a fallen angel." 

"I know that but... Why would God send you back to earth?" He asked.

"'Cause he wanted me to be happy. He wants all of his children to be happy. I've seen a few others such as I in the time I've been around." I said fumbling around with my thumbs.

"Is Mikey a fallen angel too?" Frank asked getting off of the chair and he sat down in front of me.

"No he's classified as an angel guardian. He protects me, from other immortal creatures." I stated. "Such as demons, vampires, werewolves, dragons, and any immortal creature from level nine of hell." Frank's eyes widened.

"T-They're real?" He asked surprised. 

I nodded my head. "Yeah, and there are other fallen angel's like me. We have golden tipped wings, we fell because god asked us. But there's another type of fallen angel, they have red tipped wings meaning that they were damned to earth. They're usually sent down to level nine also." I stated.

Frank's jaw dropped. 

"Frank can I ask you something?" I asked. 

"Uh sure?" He answered in a questioning tone.

"Why don't you want me to know that your dying?" I asked.

"Did Mikey tell you?" He asked in a panicked tone. He was about to get to his feet but I grabbed his hands pulling him back down.

"No, I over heard you. Frank, I don't like that you lied to both Mikey and I that you weren't dying. I mean you could have told us, we would have treated you equally if you had just asked us." I said. 

"Well, I was afraid that you guys would." He sighed. I took my hands off of his before I brung them up to his face and I pressed my lips to his. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I know...
HSIEMFJSMSJDEN...
The mind fuck games are not over...
You still don't know what frank is.
Well some of you guessed who he used to be:
I mean it was given.
Title credit: Sink or Swim by falling in reverse.
Oh yeah.
If any of the ideas from Gerard's story Heaven's Not For Everyone... I'll apologize to him.
Cause this is way different from his story I mean there are given answers to that. I mean yeah Gerard's gonna have some powers.
But yeah...
That's all I can say now...
Teheh....
And Gerard knows what I know about his story he knows of whats happening in this. He uses my idea before I get to have it in my story..
Don't get me started with threats.
^_^
comment... I'll try and update tomorrow. But Gorgeous Nightmare comes first.