Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 14: And All Things Will End

Frank's POV 

My eyes widened when I realized he had kissed me, but then they shut and I started to kiss him back. I melted under his touch and my hands flew around his neck as I realized I was falling off of the table.

Making him pull away from the kiss and we both laughed. He pulled me up so I wasn't crouching in front of him and he pulled me into his lap. 

"Frank, Gerard... Whoa, what the fuck?!?" Mikey said coming in the room. 

"Shut up Mikey," Gerard mumbled against my neck. 

"Gerard mom's coming home." Mikey practically shouted. Gerard froze and he pushed me off of his lap on to the couch. 

"Frank you need to go home." He told me. My eyebrows furrowed. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Frank listen you need to go home and lock the doors. Don't look out of the windows. Don't do anything. Stay in your house. Go!" He said getting off of the couch. 

"What's happening?" I asked. Gerard's wings moved and I backed away. 

"Leave!" He shouted at me and I ran out of the house despite the cries of pain my feet were telling me. It was now pouring down, besides the fact when I had walked over to Gerard's house it was sunny.

A lightning strike beamed out of the sky and stroke down on the ground. A boom of thunder rumbled the ground making me pick up my pace. 

I ran up the steps to my house and I opened the front door. All of the lights were off as if my mom was not home.

"Mama?" I asked yelling out. The house was silent, the only thing that could be heard through out the house was the sound of the grandfather clock in the living room and the heavy down pour that pattered on the ceiling. I walked slowly to the kitchen, shivering, because my once dry clothes were now sopping wet. I flipped the switch, hoping the lights would come on. But when they didn't I knew the power had went out. I looked around the kitchen, it was dark. Darker than the night time. It was weird because it was midday. I walked around and I picked up the note my mom had scribbled down on a small piece of note book paper.

Frankie, 

Your dad and I are going to be out of town for a few days, he's taking me to (somewhere) for our anniversary. I'm sorry him or I wasn't home when you got back. He practically came home and told me this news. And our flight was only an hour away. 
I'm sorry sweetheart. 
I'll call you tonight, you know where I stash the money. But you food. I burnt what I was cooking. Sorry baby.

love mama


I threw the note back down on the counter. Great. They decide to leave before the power gets shut off. So I'm all alone.

---

I woke up in the middle of the night, and I looked out of my window. My eyes went wide and I fell out of my bed. It was still dark but I was pretty damn sure a guy with cat looking teeth and bat wings was smiling evilly at me.

I groaned in pain and I looked up at my window. The man with bat wings was standing with his wings spread. I backed up and he smiled once more before looking up and taking off. I held on to my chest that seemed to be going a mile a minute. I looked at my alarm clock that blinked it was four in the morning.

I would consider going back to sleep, but I don't think after that I'll manage to. I crawled to my bed and I gripped on to my bed sheets and I lifted myself up. 

Trembling I grabbed my cell phone and I dialed Gerard's number shakily. I let out a choked sob as I pressed the call button and shakily put the phone to my ear. 

After the fifth ring I was about to hang my phone up but he picked up before I did so. 

"Hello?" Gerard's voice said tiredly. 

"G-Ger-Gerard t-there was s-something at my-my window." I managed to sob out choking over my words. The next time Gerard spoke he sounded more alert. 

"What was it? A cat?" He asked.

"N-No, something w-with ba-bat wings!" 

"I'll be over there in a minute." He said quickly before the line went dead. I crawled in the corner of my bed near the wall.

A moment later there was a tap on my window and I jumped. I was afraid that the bat winged guy was back and he was ready to eat me alive. I shakily looked out of the window to find it was only Gerard.

I took a breath and I unlocked the window. He slid into the window with ease, which surprised me because his wings were still on display. 

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing he had asked. I shook my head no and I hugged my elbows to my body. "What did he look like?" 

"H-He looked like-like he hasn't seen light in years. His teeth were like a cat sharp and pointy.  He had bat wings... And-And he looked as if he had blood or somethin' on his face." I said quickly. 

"Did he have long, greasy looking, wavy hair?" Gerard asked. I nodded. "That was Bert..." Gerard trailed off. 

My eyes widened. "Why was he outside my window?" I asked worriedly.

"He's a death bat, (A/N: A7x ^_^) he tracks down people that'll die in a few months, or days." Gerard said solemnly. 

"Oh." I mumbled. 

"Do you want me to stay here?" He asked, I nodded.

"Good thing its the weekend." He said crawling on my bed next to me.

"Gerard?" I asked. 

"Yes?" 

"Is the reason you told me to lock my doors and windows cause of him?" I asked as he turned to his side and hugged me at the waist.

"Yes because he's capable of anything. The thing is, I didn't know about him while I dated him was that he was a death bat. Death Bat's are from hell and I'm surprised that I'm not hell bound. It's impossible for an angel to have any type of relationship with anyone that's from hell without having some type of punishment....

"I guess god thought Bert raping me was punishment enough." Gerard sighed. "That wild storm earlier was from Bert, he specializes in weather and other dangerous things."

"Gee?" I asked.

"Yeah?" 

"'m tired." I mumbled against his chest. He pulled me to his chest and I snuggled into his chest.

It didn't take me that long to fall into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: And all things will end by avenged sevenfold
It's been pretty shitty.
But spending time with one of my best friends for life tonight made my life less shitty.
I'm going to my friends tomorow...
They'll force me to probably update again.