Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 21: Come One Come All To This Tragic Affair

Gerard's POV

I walked into Frank's room and gasped at the sight of the boy I loved more than I loved his great great grandpa. Yes Frank was Elizabeth's great great grandson. I was aware, but I didn't care for the relation. I cared for Frank more than I thought I did Elijah.

When I had brought his name up earlier today, it was an honest mistake. But now as I looked at him bandaged up on the head and a cast on his arm. A breathing tube down his mouth and bruises all over his pale skin.

The heart rate was a steady beat and there was a heart monitor on his stomach. It was faster than normal meaning the baby inside him was still young. The boy that was in the bed looked  like death had touched him.

I walked up to him and I unplugged all of the machines.

"Don't die on me." I murmered lifting him from the bed. I opened the balcony door and I started to move my wings. I lifted my head up before taking flight. 

I knew where I was going and I knew I had a chance of keeping him alive. But if all failed, I hope God'll give him another chance just as he did I.  Frank's head lolled around in my arms as I gained height. When I reached above the clouds I saw pure sunlight and I knew I was almost there. 

As I moved up a bit I saw the golden gates and they opened before me. I landed down on the golden path. I started to walk to the marble throne that god was perched upon. He smiled at my appearance and nodded. I walked up to him and bowed my head. 

"Son..." The wise man spoke. I looked up and let a smile grace my lips. "Is this your love?" He asked pointing at Frank. I nodded and held him up a little more. 

"A healer? I'm amazed to see you found the perfect match. So what's the matter?" He asked. 

"Please god... Please I want him to live, he's dying of many things. He's carrying my child..." I breathed out. 

"Well... I could make him a white winged angel and take you from your monthly spell to where you can let your wings can come out by choice. But both of your wings will be sensitive. It'll have it's perks but it'll also have its disadvantages (a/n:Sorry Gee.... But this idea is owned by Gerard/ Miranddraken. Well at least half of it.)." He said sternly. 

"And the child..." He trailed off. "The child will have white wings just as his mother will have." His voice was soft. "Gerard I need you to do something... You need to kill Frank before I can bring him, and the child, back to life."

"I-I can't do that!" I shouted. 

"You have to... He can barely breath and I can tell you if you were to try and get him back to the hospital he would die in the matter of minutes. And if he does die on the way down, if you do that. I'm afraid he could possibly stay dead, he is Elijah's blood. You'd have to wait one hundred more years to find someone else that is just like Frank... He's the very few of the doppelgängers left mortal. All you have to do is close his airways and your home free my son." God said. 

I swallowed the bile down my throat and I laid Frank on the ground and I put my finger on his lips. "I'm sorry Frankie." I said before clasping my hand on his mouth and pinching my nose with my other hand. I closed my eyes and I looked away. I could feel tears slipping down my cheeks. "I love you." I choked out as I felt Frank's cold hands clasp on to mine, trying to pry my hands away so he could breath. 

Soon his hands quit moving and I looked at Frank who was now a pale grey. God looked at me, and then to Frank. The man got on his knees and he held his hands over Frank. 

His hands started to glow a light blue and I could see Frank's body start to look healthier than it had ever been. His boney arms started to look kind of pudgy. His sunken in eyes looked more healthy. Just every thing about him changed. Next came the wings. His beautiful white wings tore from his back. 

Then he opened his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: the end by mcr...
.....
Comment cause I have half of the next chapter ready...
>:) and cause I'm partially a whore