Tom, I...I Love You

I see her pretty face

I drove for about 30 minutes, passing a starbucks, hot topic, and a few bars I had never been in. I finally came to a stop near a beach. I decided to go and walk for a bit. Pulling into a parking space I turned off the radio and hopped out. I passed a concession stand with a line of people out front. It really was an amazing day out. It was hot, but not uncomfortably hot. Pulling my hood up, I began to look around for somewhere to walk. The sand felt really good on my bare feet. I watched the waves crash against the shore for a long time before I noticed exactly how far I'd walked. I eventually turned around to walk back to my car but I found a lonely playground and swingset. I sat down and pushed myself with my feet. I just sat there, rocking back and forth until I heard something. I turned around and saw an unfamiliar face sitting under a tree. I looked at her curiously for a moment. She looked like she'd been crying. I decided to get up and see if she was alright. I casually walked over to where she was sitting, and knelt down beside her. She was startled. She must not have seen me, and thought she was alone. "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to startle you!" I said with a slight laugh. I bit my lip ring nervously and looked at her. " Are you alright?" I managed to ask. It took her a moment to reply, not looking at my face. "Im fine" she said shakily."You sure" I said, putting my hand on her knee and she looked up at me, shock crossing her face. "Youre, youre Tom DeLonge" She said rather calmly. "Uhh, yeah" I said nervously. "Why are you crying?" I asked again. "It's nothing...". "Well, what's your name?" I asked. "I'm Maddie" she said holding back a tear. "Maddie, that's a pretty name" I said while smiling. She blushed and looked away, trying not to smile. "Would you like togo on the swings with me, just for a while, and we can talk for a bit?" I hardly managed to get that out. She was so beautiful. Blonde hair parted to the left side, blue-green eyes that were as pretty as the water, soft pink lips, and a smile that could light up this town, "If you want, ok" she said as she stood up. We walked over in a comfortable silence. I didnt have anybody to talk to now that Travis and Mark were gone. So this was kinda nice. We talked and swung for about an hour until the sun had finally set. The way the setting sun hit her perfect face made my heart jump. I knew so little about her, but I wanted to know so much more. She told me that she was 24, and currently worked at the Domino's Pizza on Palmer Street. That was down the road from my house. I noted to myself. She had to go to her night shift after a little while longer. "When can I see you again?" I stuttered. She looked at me with her perfect smile and laughed. "I didnt know youd want to see me again... but how about saturday?" I replied with a quick yes, and she started to walk away. I had forgotten to give her my number and quickly ran after her. "Maddie!" I yelled. She turned to fface me. "Here, call me in a bit, if you want to?" I said barely over a whisper. "I will Tom". She smiled at me and gave my arm a light touch before turning to walk away. I walked back to the swing set and sat there for a little while thinking about this mysterious, yet amazing girl. "Wow..." I breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, soooo. Tell me how you like it! Ill try to update like, every other day maybe. :)