Tom, I...I Love You

Maybe I don't wanna go

i was steps away from the doors, and my heart was pounding uncontrollably. what if she didnt want to see me? should i just turn around? but before i could i was inside the store looking around like i was lost. "Uhhm, is Maddie here?" I asked a girl with purple hair, and and eyebrow piercing. "Yeah, just a sec," she said before walking off. "Oh my god.." I said under my breath, "what am i doing?". Suddenly i looked up hearing her voice. "hey" she said very confused. "What are you doing here?." a small smile crept across her face. "I, I just came to see you, and ask if you wanted to maybe get something to eat?" i said way to fast. looking away and biting my lip ring, she laughed. " Sure Tom, how about after my shift, I get off at 6." "Sure thing, see you in a bit then, Maddie." "Bye Tom" she said in a sweet way, noticing how nervous I was.
When I got home I got changed into a white t-shirt and black pants. I went downstairs to sit and wait until 6, but I was too nervous and started fidgeting. "I should buy her some flowers" i thought, and jumped up. I drove for about 15 minutes and found this great flower shop. I spent so long picking out a single red rose centered in a bunch of white orchids. "She'll love them" i said happily.
When i got home it was 4:30, I went up stairs to grab my note pad and scribble a bit more lyrics. The night before I had wrote, "Will you sleep tonight? Will you think of me? Will I shake this off? Pretend it's all okay, that there's someone out there who feels just like me? There is..." I decided to continue writing it. I sprent an hour writing the rest. It was great. One of my best songs I'd written. My heart started fluttering when i realized that it actually is about Maddie. I looked at the clock and it was 5:45. "Just a bit more writing..." I said trying to get some chords written down. I should play this to her, I thought, picking up my guitar and placing it in its case. Time to go...
When I arrived at Domino's, Maddie was sitting outside. I pulled up beside her, and rolled down my window. She didn't seem to notice me. "Need a ride?" I said jokingly. "Shit! Jesus Tom, you scared the shit out of me." She said laughing. She walked over to the passenger side and got in. "Where to?" she asked. "You'll have to wait and find out" I said softly.