Tom, I...I Love You

Come here, please stay for now

The whole ride was us joking and laughing. She has the best smile. Perfect white teeth, that almost glow in the dark.

"Tom, how much longer until we're there!?"

"We're here now."

We pulled up to this really great Italian resturaunt I knew, I loved this place. It was small and romantic. The walls were dark red, with flecks of gold throughout the paint. We sat down in a booth and waited for a waiter.

"What can I get you two this evening?" A man with blonde hair and green eyes asked.

"I'll have a coke and som ravioli." Maddie smiled at the waiter handing him her menu.

"And I'll have the same", I smiled at Maddie making her blush and look down.

The guy came back with our food about 10 minutes later. We ate, I paid for the both of us and we headed out.

"You really didn't have to pay, Tom." Maddie beamed at me, still annoyed that I refused for her to pay.

"What kind of date would it be if you payed, huh?" I nudged her arm slightly.

She laughed, and smiled at me, holding my gaze for a really long time. I blushed. She had the most mezmorizing eyes I have ever seen. I was powerless when I looked into them.

When she looked away, noticing how long she'd been staring at me, she giggled, and said, "Sorry, your eyes are just so... so.. beautiful." She said.

"Don't apologize," I said lacing my fingers into hers.

We walked for about five minutes in complete silence, watching the river flow beneath us.

"Hey, can I show you something? It's a surprise though." I whispered to her.

"Of course Tom." She smiled.

We walked back to my car and I got my guitar, taking her hand in mine. We walked to this great little spot by the same river. No body ever came here, it was almost underneath the bridge, but not all the way visible. There were rocks you could sit on, and we sat down. The moon glowing on her face, making her light up.

"So what's the surprise?!" she asked, almost too excitedly.

I looked up, bit my lip ring, and said, "I. This. I. Wrote you a... This is for you..."

I got my guitar out of the case and began to play...

"This vacation's useless
these white pills aren't kind
i've given a lot of thought on this 13-hour drive
i missed the grinding concrete where we sat past 8 or 9
and slowly finished laughing in the glow of our headlights
I've given a lot of thought to the nights we use to have
the days have come and gone
our lives went by so fast
I faintly remember breathing on your bedroom floor
where I laid and told you but you swear you loved me more

Do you care if i don't know what to say?
will you sleep tonight, will you think of me
will i shake this off pretend it's all okay
that there's someone out there who feels just like me
There is

Those notes you wrote me
i've kept them all
i've given a lot of thought of how to write you back this fall
with every single letter in every single word there
will be a hidden message about a boy that loves a girl
do you care if i don't know what to say?
will you sleep tonight, will you think of me
will i shake this off
pretend it's all okay that there's someone out there who feels just like me
There is

Do you care if i don't know what to say?
will you sleep tonight, will you think of me
will i shake this off
pretend it's all okay that there's someone out there who feels just like me

Do you care if i don't know what to say?
will you sleep tonight, will you think of me
will i shake this off
pretend it's all okay that there's someone out there who feels just like me
There is "

When I stopped playing, she was looking away. Shit, she didn't like it. I worked so hard on this song, I thought it was really good! I'm so stupid...

After about 2 minutes of silence I touched her arm,

"Mad-die? Di-d you l-like it? I stammered almost every word.

She looked at me. She had tears in her eyes.

"Maddie, oh my god, I didn't mean to make you cry, are you okay!?" I'm so horrible, I made her cry!

"Tom..." There was a long pause, she was gathering up what she wanted to say, she probablly hates me!

"Tom, that was the single most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you... so much, for everything. You're such a great guy Tom."

I didn't really know what to say to her. A single tear fell from my own eye. I was so happy she loved it. I realized I was shaking I was so nervous. She must have noticed to, because she placed her hand on mine. She was concentrating, I could tell because her eyebrows were furrowed inwards. When she finally spoke she said...

"Tom, I... I love you."