Sequel: Autumn Leaves
Status: As Active as a lonely man with a bottle of Jergens

The Truth Is a Terrible Thing

Dix

Amelia and Matt were sat on the couch, watching TV as they waited for Josh to shower and get ready to leave.

"Should we tell him where we're taking him?" Amelia asked, gazing over at Matt.

Matt shrugged, his arm resting on the back of the couch and his feet on the coffee table. "Why should we, it's not like he's been awake and up to date on everything thats happening today," He said.

Amelia nodded, letting her eyes fall back toward the TV. She heard Josh's footsteps walk down the hall a few moments later, so she pushed herself up off the couch and turned around.

"Ready?" she asked him. He nodded, grabbing his jacket off the back of the couch and sliding it on. "You look like a homeless man in that," Amelia said.

"Eh, but I'm a damn sexy homeless man," he says giving her a wink.

"Stop flirting with her and get your ass out of the house!" Matt said, pushing Josh forward.

"I wasn't flirting," Josh began.

"You were so flirting," Amelia smiled. "You're lucky you're hot Franceschi."

Josh and Matt both stop and stare at Amelia. Their eyes wide. Josh was shocked Amelia said that, he was used to the whole 'you're a good looking chap, Josh. Any women would be lucky to have you,' from her but this was something she never said. He actually kind of liked the sound of it. 'You're hot franceschi'

Amelia just looked at them and shrugged. "What, I can't say that my best friend is hot? I'm being honest. I'd have sex with you if we weren't friends," she turned on her heels and began walking out of the apartment, Josh and Matt following close behind.

"Oh god I'm so hot for you right now," Josh said.

Amelia flipped her hair, and looked bak at Josh. "Please Franceschi, you couldn't get a piece of this unless you were Kellin Quinn. Face it, girls with asses like mine don't talk to boys with faces like yours," she joked.

Josh's jaw dropped as Matt laughed. "Oh come on! You just said I was hot!" Josh yelled.

"I say a lot of things," she smiled. Josh rolled his eyes and continued to walk down the pathway to the cab that sat along side the road. He slid in, Amelia following close behind and Matt slid in on the opposite side of them.

Amelia looked over at Josh as he gazed up at the cloudy sky from his spot in the black cab. "Oh come on Joshy, you know I was only joking. I would gladly let you take advantage of me."

"Maybe next week love," he says.

"What's next week?" Amelia asks.

Josh raised an eyebrow. Confused and a little surprised that she had forgotten about their plans. "It's the arsenal game babe-"

"Fuck yes!" Amelia yelled, making Matt and Josh jump a little.

"Someones excited-" Matt exclaimed.

"Shut up, Chink," Amelia snapped. "Of course I'm excited! I'm going to my first arsenal game with my best friend, what's not to be excited about?"

"Josh taking advantage of you," Matt mumbled.

Josh hit Matt in the arm and stared daggers at him, he knew Matt was joking but Josh was always looking for an excuse to hit Matt. "Where are we going anyways?" Josh asked, changing the subject which Amelia was happy about. It's not that she didn't like the conversation she just didn't like the thought of sex with Josh. To her, sex with Josh would be like sex with your cousin.

you never know until you try it Amelia subconsciously told herself. She shook her head, hoping maybe it would shake the thought away, before turning to answer Josh. "We're going to Max's place," she says.

"Why?"

"A party," she continues. "He decided he wanted to have one so that's where we are going, get your party hat on love," she says as they pull up to Max's place.

They hopped out of the car and Josh draped an arm over Amelias shoulders. "My party hats' always on," he smiles.

With Matt in the lead, they walk up the steps and into the front door of the home. Music was being played loudly from the living room and the house was filled with the boys closest friends. Max showed up in front of them out of the blue with a beer in his hand.

"Oi!" Max yells, "Amelia! You're actually out of your room and at a party! Good for you love. And Joshy-" he begins looking at the arm Josh has slung over Amelias shoulder. "You told her?"

Amelia felt Josh tense up and saw Max's eyes grow wide as if he had realized something. "Told me what?" she asks.

"Uh..." Josh begins. "That I'm moving back in with Hanna today. After the party I'll be sleeping over there! I forgot to tell you but Max here was just reminding me," he smiles.

"Oh," replies Amelia. She hated to admit that she would be disappointed with Josh moving back in with Hanna. She had gotten so used to someone being in her bed and waking up to someone that the house would feel empty without him. Of course she had her house mate but she was never really there. Always either working or with her boyfriend. Maybe Amelia needed a boyfriend. Actually that's exactly what she needed. She needed a boyfriend. Someone to sleep next to and someone to talk to when she needed it. Someone to get her to stop relying on Josh's affection so much.

So that was her goal plan for the night. Like a search and destroy mission only a search and destroy 'my pussy' type thing. She gently pushed Josh away and smiled. "I'm gonna go and get something to drink." She's gonna need it too if her plan goes through.

She walked away from the boys and towards the kitchen where a man stood making mixed drinks. She had never seen him before, she figured he must have been in another band. He was pretty hot, tall, lanky, covered in tattoos and had a lip ring. Way different from Josh but thats what she was looking for.

"You need a drink?" he asks, an American accent obvious in his words.

She nodded, "Give me the strongest thing you can mix up," she demands sweetly.

"You sure?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Positive," she answers.

As the man begins mixing up the drink he glances up at Amelia, her head rocking back and fourth to the music. "You don't look like the party type," he observes. "What's a girl like you doing at a party like this?"

She shrugs. "I'm good friends with Max Helyer! The guy throwing the party," she says.

"Oh yeah? Huh, what's your name babe?" he asks.

"Amelia," she smiles.

"The Amelia?" he asks. She raises an eyebrow, confused. "I'm Mike. Your buddy Dan has been talking you up to my friend Jaime."

"Jaime? What kind of a name is Jaime?" she asks, not trying to sound rude.

Mike laughs. "It's a Mexican thing. It's Spanish for Jaime, it's just pronounced hi-me or hi-may. Either one he'll answer to." he says sliding her drink to her. "Don't be asking me for another one of those. I think Dan's still talking to Jaime, go look for them."

Amelia nods and smiles kindly at Mike. "Thanks for the drink and hey, are you in a band? Like how do you know the boys?"

Mike laughs again. "Yeah, I'm the drummer for Pierce the Veil. I met your boys at warped tour this year."

"Oh, well it was nice meeting you Mike!" she yells.

"You too babe!" Amelia smiles and turns around to exit the kitchen and attempt to find Dan.

**********

Josh finished talking to Max and Matt at the door before he left to the kitchen to get a drink. He stopped in the doorway when he saw Amelia talking to Mike Fuentes. They were smiling at each other and laughing. Josh knew they couldn't be flirting, Amelia was just naturally sweet but with Mike, well, Mike would flirt with anything he could stick his penis into.

He waited for Amelia to leave before he made his way to Mike.

"Hey Mike!" Josh yells.

"Hey man," Mike smiles as they go into for a bro shake.

"What are you guys doing in England?"

"Eh, we had a break from tour. Thought we needed a change of scenery to write and record," Mike shrugs.

Josh nods. "So I see you met Amelia."

Mike nods, grabbing a beer and offering it Josh who took it. "Yeah. She's something huh? She beautiful! And with a body like that I'm surprised she's single!"

"How did you know she's single?" he asked, curious.

Mike took a sip of his beer and motioned his head towards the living room. "Your buddy Dan there, he's been talking pretty highly of her to Jaime."

"Oh is that where she went off to?" Josh asks. Mike nods.

Josh thanked Mike for the beer before walking off towards the living room. He knew this wouldn't end well. Amelia has always been attracted to the boys in bands with tattoos. This couldn't end the way he hoped it would, better yet, it wouldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey. dont kill me, but school starts in like a day so expect more updates cause writing gets me out of doing class work! woot woot
so yeah. ptv is in this for a little, but not for too long, they'll be out shortly....unless you waNT THEM HERE. TELL ME IF YOU WANT THEM HERE. BECAUSE I'LL THROW THEM IN. MY GOD I'LL THROW THEM IN.

comment//subscribe//lick a camel yo
-kaylalalla