Sequel: Autumn Leaves
Status: As Active as a lonely man with a bottle of Jergens

The Truth Is a Terrible Thing

Onze

Amelia walked into the living room a little over whelmed with the amount of people that were in the small room. There were girls and guys, and some people who looked like they had slipped into the front door without notice. She felt a little uncomfortable surrounded by everyone. This wasn't her type of scene and she knew that. She was sure everyone else knew that too. Taking another sip from her drink she made a face at how strong it was and looked down at the liquid inside the red cup.

"To strong for you?" She heard someone ask. She looked up to see Dan, holding a red cup in one hand and his phone in the other.

"I have no idea what the hell Mike put in here! It's so gross," she says. "Yet so good." She takes another sip as Dan laughs.

The song that was playing faded out and she could actually hear some of what people were saying. Until the next song started up and Dan and her had to yell even louder than they were to hear each other. "So you met whiskey hands?" he yells.

Amelia nods. "Such an appropriate name for him," she smiles. "He tells me you've been talking about me," she remembers. She could somewhat feel the effects of the drink hitting her system. It seems a bit dramatic that after just a few sips she's already feeling a little weird but Amelia didn't drink because she couldn't control her alcohol. She could be drunk with just 5 beers. Whatever was in this drink was sure as hell a lot stronger than anything Amelia had ever tasted.

"Yeah, I'm helping your little uptight ass get laid!" he laughs.

Amelia rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Dan, I've told you before and I'll say it again, I don't need you looking for guys for me to bang, I can do it myself," she says. That was slightly true, if Dan had known her plans to find a boyfriend he would be sending everyone with a penis her way. She didn't want that though, she doesn't want to be set up with someone. She wants to find him herself.

"Look how well that's worked out for you," he rolls his eyes.

"Dan-"

"Just come and meet him, he's a really sweet guy and he's really good looking!" Dan says.

Amelia arches an eyebrow and stares at Dan. "Dan, sweetie, your gay is showing," she jokes but Dan only rolls his eyes.

"Just come with me," he says grabbing her hand and dragging her through the crowd of people and towards the glass doors that led to the back yard. Dan slid the door open and walked outside first before motioning for Amelia to follow. Amelia slid outside and closed the doors which muffled the music that was playing inside.

To her this felt like the first party she ever attended when she was in school. The party that made her realize parties just weren't her thing. The club remixes of songs blasting from some big speakers in the living room. The kitchen practically empty except for the stoners looking for food, the shy girl who felt out of place, and the bartender who was normally the notorious partier. This was school all over again for her only this time, she wouldn't be leaving early with Josh.

There was a slight breeze that filled the air, the warmth from this morning seemed to have faded completely and was now left with a late fall like feel. She turned around after closing the door to face the colorful back yard. Most of the trees were yellow or orange; the same color as the ground.

"Amelia!" She heard Dan yell. She turned her head to the side to see Dan standing with a group of three other men. Amelia quickly downed her drink and tossed her cup to the side before walking over to Dan. Dan tossed an arm around Amelia and smiled. "Amelia, this is Vic, Tom, and Jaime. Boys, this is my beautifully talented, and social awkward friend, Amelia."

Amelia smiled at the boys who all smiled back. "Hi," she said sheepishly.

"Someones a bit shy," Tom said in a thick scottish accent.

"Shy?" Dan asked in disbelief. "Shy does cut it. I don't think this girl has left her room in months, let alone get laid-"

Amelia took her elbow and dug it into Dans ribs before he could continue. "Thank you Daniel, I don't think you can really talk seeing as how I don't think you've ever been laid. Or been on a proper date and those late nights with your right hand don't count."

The boys all began to laugh, even Dan. "Just know I'm dreaming it's you on nights like those."

"Then keep on dreaming, Flint." She says, patting Dan on the chest.

"Someones feisty," Tom laughs. "I like that," he smiles, taking a step closer.

Dan puts a hand on Toms chest and smiles. "Sorry bud, but she's not interested." He says.

Tom raises a bushy eyebrow. "Oh ya? we'll did she say that?"

"No, but I know her and she doesn't like drunk scottish men."

Tom knocks Dans hand away and look down at Amelia, I wanna hear it from her. I wanna hear it come from those pretty little lips," he says brushing a finger past her lips.

Jaime reached up and grabbed Toms arm. "Thats enough man,"

"No!" Tom says again. "I wanna hear it from her," he slurred.

Amelia knew he was drunk, he was scottish and he was drunk. She didn't know where it came from, where this sudden burst of courage came from. She would normally just go along with him, or simple tell him maybe another time but not tonight. Tonight Amelia was feeling brave. She took one step closer to him and looked up at him. "Dans right, i'm not interested in drunk, scottish ass." she puts a finger on his chest and began poking him as she talks, causing him to step back with each jab. "Maybe, just maybe if you weren't such a dick about it I would have maybe agreed to give you a chance, but instead you made a fool of yourself and turned into a huge dick which I'm sure is something you're lacking. So go home and get yourself wet because you won't be making me," she says and with that last poke, Tom fell backwards into the pool.

Everyone laughed as Tom resurfaced. Pissed and soaked, he slapped the water out of anger and began yelling. Amelia turned around and walked back to the lads. "Howell!" Dan laughs. "What has gotten into you?"

"I have no idea, Mike gave me a really strong drink," she says.

"Mike?" Jaime asks.

"Oh god, did you ask him to give you the strongest thing he could make?" Vic asked.

"Yea," Amelia said slowly. "Oh my God, he didn't give me drugs did he?" Amelia asked worriedly.

Jaime laughed. "No, but you'll regret it in the morning," he smiles.

Amelia looked at him and smiled, he was cute. He had a tan body, and muscular arms with a tattoo on his upper arm that stuck out of his t-shirt. He had dark hair that stood up on his head. He had deep dimples when he smiled and long dark eyelashes. He was cute, he was different than most of the band boys Amelia had met through the lads. Most of the boys were from the UK or Australia area. The ones she met that were from the states were normally rather rude and weren't worth her time but apparently she was worth theirs.

"I'm gonna go get another drink," Amelia says. "Jaime, would you like to come with me?" She asks.

Dan looks down at her and smiles. Jaime looks from Dan to Amelia, wondering how she knew exactly what he was about to say. She didn't seem timid like Dan had described her. He said she was quiet, not one to really speak up in a conversation. She wasn't a party type of person, he wasn't sure she would even be here tonight. People wouldn't even notice her in a crowd she was so quiet. She wasn't very quiet right now. She was as talkative as any normal person. It could have been the alcohol or maybe Dan didn't know her as well as he thought. "uh…yeah, I need a refill," Jaime says. lifting his cup as a goodbye to Vic and Dan.

Dan lowered his head to Amelia as she turned around to walk off. "See, do I know what you like or what?"

Amelia laughed. "I'll tell you at the end of the night."

Amelia followed Jaime back into the crowded and loud house. They weren't outside for long, but apparently long enough for the occupancy to double. Amelia began to feel a little uncomfortable in this large crowd. She looked around nervously at all the unfamiliar faces, beginning to feel the need to escape.

This was a mistake, she thought to herself. A stupid, stupid mistake. I don't need a boyfriend, I don't need a life. I have the lads, I have josh-

Who has a girlfriend, Amelia. You need someone. You NEED this party. She argued with herself.

"Hey," Jaime yelled. "You okay back there, you look a little lost."

Amelia looked up at him. "I feel lost," she says.

Jaime reached back and grabbed her hand, pulling her with him so she wouldn't get sucked into the crowd. "Come on, I promise you won't get lost with me," he smiles.

Amelia smiles back before dropping her head to look at her feet, making sure she doesn't trip over someone. What she didn't know was that across the room, Josh sat on the couch with Max, watching Amelia and Jaime. His once bright blue eyes were a shade of grey that Amelia or anyone had never seen before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Hows it going. Soooo I'm in a writing mood and the second half of this chapter is typed and done. I don't like doing this BUT NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED FOR 15 COMMENTS pleasee guys, i reaaaaaaalllyyy want your feedback on this.

Sooo yeah, I'll see you then

comment//subscribe//feel up your neighbor
-Kayla