Hate Amongst the Labels

The Enormous Mountain of Props

Chapter 7

The Enormous Mountain of Props

Kev’s POV

I give one of those nods to Tish as I pass her. It’s a shame she’s not going to do some with us. Me and her had some of the funniest times high. Don’t get me wrong man I’m not a big smoker, I drink more than anything. But every now and then when my parents were out we’d light up in my room and start fooling around. It was pretty sweet.
Tish doesn’t give me a nod back. Her face is like concentrated on something. It’s also full of worry. Stupid.
I look over at Danielle; she’s rummaging through her bag. I ask her “What you looking for?”
“Some shit to smoke them. But my mom cleaned me out. I don’t have any stuff to wrap it.” Danielle kept searching through her bag, maybe hoping that it’ll appear by magic!
“Fuck so we went through all that trouble just so we could do nothing!” Taylor started bitching.
“Bitch shut up, we barely went through any trouble. And no we can still do something. We’ll just have to chew them.” Danielle gave up looking through her bag and opened the mushrooms.
“You can chew them?” I ask.
“Uh yeah. Duh.” Danielle says. She gives me and Taylor one. Then she turns to Devin and Tish. “Sure you don’t want one?” She waves the bag towards Devin.
“Drugs are bad.” Devin delivered that line perfectly. He obviously had been schooled hard on No Drugs.
“Not these. They are a lot better for you than heroin and shit. They’re organic.” Danielle says the last word with a smile.
Taylor starts laughing. “Oh well don’t lie to the boy.”
“I’m not! It’s just a natural fact that doing stuff that grows out of the ground is a lot healthier than stuff that’s cooked up in a lab.”
“Only stoners feed that bullshit.” I Say.
“First off fuckrag I’m not a stoner. Second, it’s true, I’d rather my kid do mushrooms that Crystal Meth or something like that.”
“Hmm wouldn’t you be a lovely parent, maybe I’ll have you baby-sit sometime.” Tish smirks at Danielle.
“Maybe, but by the time that happens your kid will probably be so fucked up a nice mushroom or two would be good for them.” Danielle comes back with.
Tish doesn’t say anything, just folds her hand across her stomach.
Danielle turns back to Devin. “Sure you don’t want some.”
Devin looks scared but morbidly curious. “Uhm.” He says. “What if I just had one?”
“One is perfectly fine.” Danielle smiles and gives him one. She hands me and Taylor another one. “I don’t know the dosage very well so I don’t know how high we’ll get. “You,” She nods towards me. “May get pretty fucked up because you’ve obviously been drinking.”
“What about me?” Taylor asks.
“You I’m not sure. First time?”
“Yes.” Taylor says.
“Well I don’t know. I’ve only done these a few times and I read a page on the internet about how to do them, to make sure I wasn’t really fucking my body up bad. But there’s some dosage number and all these rules to get to a certain point of being fucked up. I don’t member. So we’ll just see.”
“Oh well that’s comforting.” Tish mocks.
“We’ll you don’t have to worry since you and your baby will be staying sober tonight.” Danielle snaps at Tish. Tish just turns her head pissed.
“Okay so it takes like thirty minutes for this shit to kick in. And we need to chew them slowly and no noise.”
“Or…” Taylor trails off.
“Or I don’t know, but I’d figure we’d better just do it so that we don’t fuck this up more that it already is.” Danielle enforces. “Okay ready?”
All three of us nod. And we start chewing.

40 minutes later…

Okay this isn’t cool. I like smoking pot. It’s nice. You know you get a light feeling, a laid back feeling, and the worst you could do is convince yourself to do something stupid. Or at least that’s how it is with me. But this mushroom shit isn’t like that. Its like the auditorium has turned into a freaking color show. Everything is morphing and turning into really bizarre shapes.
Like five minutes ago. I was looking at Tish and all a sudden her dark skin started morphing with her pink tank top and all her facial features went away and she was just this huge blob of pink and caramel. I kept staring at that for awhile unable to take my eyes off it. And then the Tish blob started moving. Along the seats and as she moved some of the ugly ass blue pattern started to like stick to her. Then as the blob made its way to the end of the isle it’s started slithering like a snake on the floor, up the stairs, onto the stage and then up along the curtains. And it’s just like a flat blob stuck to the curtains.
Staring at it freaked me out, but I couldn’t look away. The only thing that could distract me was the moving of a honey blonde color bowl cut. And that’s what happened. Devin did something and I whipped my head towards him making me seriously dizzy, and causing me to fall on the ground. After that happened everything went back to normal. I got up and saw Tish slouching in the chair just as normal as ever. No longer a giant blob of scariness. I picked myself up and resituated myself onto my seat. I began lifting up the cup holders and laid down.
And that’s what I’m doing now. Just lying down. I figure if I close my eyes for awhile the drugs will ware off. God this is the last time I’m ever doing mushrooms. I fucking hate them.

Danielle’s POV

God I love mushrooms! Me and Taylor are having way too much fun! Seriously it should be a crime. We are laughing and making fun of the stupidest stuff. Like Tish! Like when she moves her stomach goes one way and her ass goes the other. Oh, my, lord! We laughed a good 2 minutes over that one. Or OR! Or when she starts bitching about things the spot in between her eyebrows turns red as a cherry. Ha. God I didn’t know you could laugh so much at one person. It’s great! You’d be amazed on how much me and Taylor Tearh here are getting along!
For her being such a fucking bitch she happens to be a very fun person…high that is.
“Taylor Tearh!” I scream. Were on the left side of the auditorium, stage left, at the end of one of the middle rows. Everyone else is on the right side. Taking there business on how they feel.
“What Danielle Aineel!?” She screams back.
I start giggling. Taylor joins. I haven’t even said anything yet and it’s already funny. Who ever said don’t do drugs is a fucking dickwad who needs to remove the stick from his ass. This is too good to miss, and life is too fucked for you to NOT do drugs. I think that’ll be my signature saying Life is too fucked for you to NOT do drugs.
I stop giggling and start laughing uncontrollably. I don’t even continue you telling Taylor what I was going to tell her. But she doesn’t seem to care because she’s now laughing uncontrollably too. And eventually were both just shaking with laugher clutching our stomachs and gasping for air.
We’re laughing at nothing, and I think that’s what makes it so funny. Because there’s nothing to laugh at. I don’t know. Did that make any sense?
I close my eyes and continue to laugh. But as the laughing continues I think of someone else who made me laugh. Sam.
I think I should get over. I mean I think about him enough. Luckily I don’t talk to people because I bet 90% of my talk would be about him. People tend to get annoyed when you obsessively talk over you exes.
Dude I fucking miss him. He made me happy. I’m never happy! It’s just me and my overworked dad at home. Majority of my time I’m doing nothing but staring at the TV screen. It really sucks big time.
I don’t hate my dad or anything. But its like were strangers who look alike. We pass each other and usually say nothing; I make my own dinner, and usually do everything on my own. Occasionally he’ll sit by me and watch TV with me. Even then we don’t talk much. His basic role in our relationship is paying the bills.
Sam’s role in our relationship was over controlling boyfriend. Oh I’m not dumb I knew he was an asshole. But he was my asshole, bitches. And he did care. He was just bossy and he judged me a lot. But under all that he had this soft side that only I got to see. The one where he made me fall in love with him a hundred times over. That’s my Sam.
I’ve stopped laughing, and I can breathe functionally now. I open my eyes to look at Taylor. She’s still laughing. Like a hyena and that gets me giggling again. It’s funny to watch her. She has such a hard ass bitch face on all the time that when it comes off it’s so rare.
I giggle slightly but break out into a full blown out laugh when Taylor is shaking so hard that she falls off the chair and on to the concrete ground. This makes me forget about Sam, it makes me laugh and enjoy the feeling of being able to smile uncontroably. Something I don’t think I’ve ever gotten to do.

Devin POV

Why would Taylor do such a gross thing like f—u—ck Kevin. I thought she had such class you know. Like that she’d have some respect for herself. You know. I’m not saying OH MY GOSH! TAYLORS NOT A VIRGIN?! No. I’m just sayin’ you think that she’d have some kind of boundary. Like I have to date you for a few months before I let you in there. It just catches me off guard that’s all.
I’m lying down on the seats. Pretty much what Kevin is doing but I’m wide awake, he looks asleep. I’ve got one arm behind my head and the other rested gently on my stomach. I’m just thinking. You know. I’ve blocked everything out and just you know resting. I can still hear Taylor laugh though. It’s hard to ignore. I raise my head up to look at her. She and Danielle are as far as they can be from everyone laughing about God only knows what.
I position myself up and look around. The room is still dim. I wonder what time it is. Maybe Tish will know. Yeah. Tish. I’m feeling a little urge to talk to her.
I get up off my ass and walk casually over to her. She’s slumped in her blue chair her hand resting on her pregnant stomach. I feel bad for her; I wonder who the father is. I sit next to her. She looks at me for only a second and starts laughing quietly.
I smile “What?”
“You stoned.” She says.
Laugh a little I reply, “What am I funny?”
“You’re so mellow. Not that you say much of anything but you’re just so like lay back. It’s rather cute.”
This makes me blush. “Cute?”
She laughs a little harder, “God yes. If you can only hear yourself now. Your voice is so smooth and calm it’s so funny.”
I don’t reply I just continue to smile at her as she continues to laugh. She slowly stops laughing and looks towards me, “So mellow-man what you over here for?” She asks me.
“Just hear to talk I guess. Taylor and Danielle are hanging out and Kev is passed out. And you looked lonely.” I say this slowly, taking every word with carefulness. And once again she starts laughing softly.
“Sounds like Kev. I think that emoish girl was right. He’s not having a very good trip, considering all the drinking he’s been doing. But that’s Kev.”
“You seem to really care about him.”
And yet again, more laughter from her mouth. “My lord if only you could hear yourself. It’s so funny, if you don’t stop I’m gonna end up sounding like your hyena sister. “
I reply with a light gentle laugh and wait for her laughter to stop.
“Jesus kid. You’re observant. Yeah I care about him. He was my boyfriend for a long time.” Her laughter dies down and her voice becomes colder.
“Oh.” I say shortly. Don’t want to offend her in such a delicate state. “I was just curious that’s all.”
“We’ll maybe you shouldn’t be. Sticking your nose in the wrong area could lead you hearing things you don’t want too.”
“Yeah I know…” Hopefully she won’t though.

Taylor’s POV

Does it fail to impress anyone that I feel on the floor…AGAIN!!! It’s becoming a clique now. Really.
“Gah!” I say as I get up from the floor and re sit myself in my seat. Danielle is laughing like an idiot, I would laugh with her but my stomach hurts to much and that fall made my elbow bleed. “Fuck, look” I rotate my elbow so Danielle can see, she’s still laughing but not as much.
“Dude its just blood.”
“Easy for you to say…” I mutter mostly to myself.
“Hey don’t fucking judge me.” She comes back with.
“It’s kind of hard not too…” I say mostly to myself again.
“What the fuck?” Her face is scrunched in confused anger.
“Pul – leaz. If you are not the most easily labeled person on this planet I like to see who is.” While saying this I’m attempting to lick my elbow but I know it’s impossible. I eventually stop and wipe my elbow against the cup holders; the rough texture makes the cut sting but nothing I can’t handle. I look over to Danielle she’s crossed legged in her seat with both her arms resting on the back of her chair. “Oh come-on,” I say, “You have to know what people think when they look at you.”
She doesn’t look towards me when she talks and her voice is cold and angry. “Yeah I know. But dude still doesn’t mean you fucking have too. I fucking hate people for that reason. Judging.”
I don’t reply right away. I find her statement a little odd. She hates people and dresses they way she does because she hates judgment?
Apparently I’m looking at her funny because she turns to me with her face confused and asks me; “What?”
“That’s just retarded.” I finally say and there’s a bit of annoyance in my voice when I do.
“Whatever, not like I expect YOU to understand.” She defiantly sticks out YOU when she says this. Like I’m so cold hearted bitch that doesn’t understand anything.
I don’t say anything. I just look around the room and slump in my chair. God my trip is totally ruined now. Not that I care what Danielle the freaking emo thinks but the fact that I feel again and started bleeding, and that my f’in vag is all sore, and that I fucked a father to be in the locker room of all places! Oh and that my mom forgot about me today…again! I think that’s what my fucking middle name should be AGAIN! Because everything seems to happen to me…again! How stupid.
We’re just sitting here quietly thinking to our thoughts when all a sudden, blood chick next to me starts blabbing.
‘You know what I fucking wanna do?” She says. Um no I don’t know and um no I don’t care…
“No…” I shut my eyes and rub my forehead with my index finger and thumb.
“I wanna sit on the stage.” She shouts and gets up and starts walking.
What a crack head. I follow her though. Which sort of makes me a crack head too. “Has anyone ever told you, you’re weirder than hell?”
“First hell is not weird. Second yes. And third just because I have a random thought doesn’t make me weird.“ We’re walking up the middle of the auditorium now. I see Tish and Dev talking… (There’s that word) AGAIN! God this is getting annoying. As we pass them Tish asks us “What are you guys doing.” I don’t reply because Danielle does. “Sitting on the stage. Wanna join?”
“Sure.” Tish replies. She looks over to Devin who’s obviously stoned out of his mind. It’s probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen but I don’t really bother my stomach to laugh. “A little help.” Tish bosses to Devin. He obeys and gets up in this really slow careful way. It’s weird. Tish reaches out her arms and he pulls her up off her ass and onto her feet.
We walk up the stage slower now that Tish is with us. Takes her two tries to get up the first step and Devin and Danielle have to stand behind her to make sure she doesn’t fall.
10 minutes. Is what it took to fully get her up a 7 step stairway and to the middle of the stage. I’m very tempted to say something rude like ‘Jesus Tish ever heard of fucking birth control’ or ‘And what’s the excuse this time? The condom slipped off or did it break?’ But being the good person I am I restrain myself.
Tish waits on the stage as we head behind the curtains to get chairs I grab an old blue Victorian chair for Tish; although a couch would be more suitable in this situation. I role it out to her, she doesn’t even say thank you, just a short snotty smile and plops down in a slumping position. I head backstage and as I do Danielle and Devin are rolling out their chairs. They didn’t really leave me much choice. I gaze around the dark area in search for something to sit on, but the only thing I see is the chair Tish used earlier. You know the ugly pink and brown one. I grab that and lift it up. Of course I don’t get the chair that roles I get the one that I have to carry!
After much difficulty I finally get the chair out to the stage in the circle. I lean against it as I catch my breath. Everyone is just looking at me. Like they don’t have anything else to do. Dumb people…
I walk around the chair and sit my butt right in the middle. The comfy seat feels good on my ass as I bounce in place a bit. But then all a sudden I feel the weight of the entire chair collapse right under me, and I feel my ass hit the hard wooden stage.
My face was in complete shock as I look up towards the others. They’re faces in shock too. But as soon as they see my face all three of them burst into laughter. I get up and kick the wooden pieces of the chair across the shinny floor. I begin stomping backstage looking for some other alternative sitting device. I can feel my face get hot, meaning which I’m bluffing.
I think what pisses me off about this most is, not that I fell…again, not that I’m embarrassed myself in front of those losers out there, and not even that my ass hurts like a bitch. But what bothers me is I feel because Tish’s fat pregnant butt made the chair week! I’m not even fat! But she is! That’s why it collapsed! God damn ho.
I can still hear them laughing as I climb my way over various numbers of props. I push past a bunch of wooden backgrounds, the dust sticking to my hands, and knock over a few fake plants. I way in the back now behind all the props and where the stage buttons are. You know the ones that lift the curtains, lift the backdrop[s, exc.
I look around in hopes to find something else and I do. It’s got a metal frame, white sheets, and a pillow. It’s a freaking bed. My last alternative.
HOW FUCKING LAME!!! I seriously hate my life and all who inhabit it!
I begin rolling the bed past the props. As I make my way through the backdrops one of the wheels gets caught and I have to heave the bed upwards just to move it forward. Getting past all the backdrops I come to the enormous amount of props that I had to climb over just to get here. I don’t know how I’m going to do this…I obviously can’t role the bed over it. SO my only option is to role through it.
I back it up a few as I prepare to launch myself through the enormous mountain of props. I take two deep breathes in. Pray to God and then ran straight through that sucker.
As I’m bolting through it everything keeps falling on me the bed keeps jamming against random objects but I use all my weight and force to keep pushing. At many times I’m tripping over things and my stomach keeps banging against the metal frame. But after several seconds of craziness I’m out of the mountain and on the other side…but the bed keeps rolling even though my feet have stopped.
Of course it doesn’t drag me far, I’m mean I weigh more than the stupid thing, but it does drag me and I’m hanging on by one arm. It comes to a stop a foot away from the now destroyed mountain of props. I let go and let my body fall to the ground. I take a few deep breaths thinking to myself why I even went back there.
I hear wheezing…I reopen my eyes and see Devin, standing 2 feet away from me. I look at him and say “What?”
“Nothing we were just wondering where you’ve been.” He shrugs and his bowl cut bounces.
I get up and start rolling the bed towards the curtain exit. He follows along.
As we get out to the stage I see Tish and Danielle sitting there not saying a word to each other. Tish is biting her nails when she looks up at me. “A bed?”
“Yah well there isn’t much to choose from.” I coldly reply.
“Yah well don’t break it.” Tish smirks at me. God I wanna just rip her fatass off the chair and throw her across the room. But I obviously don’t have that kind of physical strength. I position the bed to stay still and sit down on it.
Ew…it’s dusty…BUT! I remember that I’m wearing Tish’s clothes and I feel better.
We all sit quietly for awhile as we try to think of something to say. But no one comes up with anything. Bunch of idiots.
“Who the fuck is Sam?” I ask Danielle after way to long of silence.
Danielle looks at me and her eyes grow really sad. I don’t show any sympathy though because I don’t really care what affects her.
“A little blunt don’t yah think?” Danielle asks me as she grips her hand over the scare that spells his name.
“No one is talking so I decided to start a subject. I’m sorry if I don’t hold back all my emotions like you do but that’s how I choose to live my life.” Ouch I can even hear the harshness in my words.
Danielle just looks towards me. And at this point I’m just unsure if she’s going to burst into tears or jump across the room and nail me to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Agh. I think i was kind of stonned when i wrote this. I was like on 5 different pain medications and yeah... ohh well. Layla Chapter