I'll love you more than I can ever scream

Chapter 3

Ashley's POV:
She was beautiful, sitting across the table from me, her hair disheveled and make up slightly smudged from a long day in the heat of Warped. Even though she was exhausted, her eyes were shining brighter than anything else in the room. I had to catch myself from getting lost in my thoughts, so I decided to strike up conversation.

Ashley: So, how did you like Warped?
Tatum: I loved it! It's my second time. The atmosphere is just perfect. It's like, everyone is there for the music, you know?
Ashley: That's one of my favorite parts about Warped. The kids have such passion.
Tatum: I know! It's like we all belong there.
Ashley: Do you want to go for a walk?
Tatum: Yeah, that'd be cool.

We walked out of the small cafe and around the corner onto the main street. The street was lined with bars, cafes, clubs, and small shops. Under the dim, but fluorescent light of the buildings, she stood next to me. I could feel my ears burn as our arms occasionally brushed against one another. I wanted to take her hand. I wanted to wrap my arms around her, kiss her. It was her next question that broke my reverie, and constricted my heart.

Tatum: So you guys are just here for tonight?
Ashley: Uh, yeah. We'll probably leave around noon tomorrow.

I could see her smile fade a little bit. I didn't want to leave her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made our way down to a small boardwalk that was about deserted. We found a secluded place and sat down. Even though we were in the city, from where we sat we could see the moon. It shone down on her just right.

Tatum: So, next stop is St. Louis, right?
Ashley: Yeah.
Tatum: You know, you're a lot quieter than I expected you to be.
Ashley: I'm usually not like this.

What if she didn't like me now?

Ashley: I've just been thinking a lot lately.
Tatum: About what?

I looked over at her. She was looking out toward the water. Was I really going to talk to her about this? I laid back and took a deep breath. Where do I start?

Ashley: It's so nice out tonight.

She leaned back and was lying right next to me. I was looking up at the sky but I could feel her watching me, trying to read my expressions. I wanted to tell her everything, but what do I say? 'Hey, I've know you for all of six hours, I'm in love with you?' No, that sounds fucking insane.

Ashley: I'm just tired of all the random whores. Andy, Jake, and Jinxx don't know how lucky they are. I want what they have so bad.

She didn't say anything. I looked over, she was facing the sky andd her eyes were closed. I wanted so badly to get closer to her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tatum's POV:
We were laying on the boardwalk under the moonlit city. Ashley seemed so troubled so I asked him what he was thinking about.

Ashley: I'm just tired of all the random whore. Andy, Jake, and Jinxx don't know how lucky they are. I want what they have so bad.

I froze up. I didn't know what to say. Ashley Purdy was confessing that he wanted love. That he was over all of the sluts and the fake passion. I took a deep breath and began to speak. I took a deep breath and began to speak.

Tatum: Really? So why don't you find someone? I mean there are tons of girls who would want you,
Ashley: Yeah, want me. But what about love me? Girls never seem to just like me and just want to talk to me. I always have to end up sleeping with them at the end of the night.

This was a side of Ashley that I never thought possible. His eyes looked troubled but still beautiful and I wanted to move closer and just hug him. I wanted to make him feel better, but I didn't know how.

Tatum: Ashley, You are so amazing. And you will find someone. You will, you just have to wait. She's there. Maybe even closer than you think, who knows.

As he turned his head to look at me, I turned mine back to the sky. I closed my eyes because for some weird reason I wanted to cry. Then he spoke.

Ashley: You are beautiful.

My heart began to race and the words played over and over again in my head. My eyes shot open and I looked at him. He was smiling that adorable, innocent smile of his. I smiled back and he moved closer. I shifted my head to his shoulder and he laughed. If this was a dream, I never wanted to wake up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley's POV:
We spent the rest of the night laughing and talking and getting to know each other. It was about 4:30 in the morning when I decided it was time to walk her back to her hotel. I held her hand the whole way there. When we got to the door of her room, she turned to me, looked me in the eyes for a few seconds, and then threw her arms around me, giving me a tight hug. I hugged her back. I had to force my arms to let go. Nothing had ever felt so right in my arms in all my life.

Tatum: I had an amazing time with you tonight. Thanks.
Ashley: I had a great time, too.
Tatum: Well, I guess you'll be leaving now.
Ashley: Yeah.

I felt a shot of pain in my chest as she hugged me again. I couldn't let her get away. I needed her.

Ashley: Do you, Do you think that I could get your number?
Tatum: Really?! Yeah!

She was smiling so big, so gorgeous. I took out my phone and pounded her number in. I looked at her, still smiling. I hugged her one more time.

Ashley: Can I call you tomorrow?
Tatum: You can call me any time. See ya, Ash.
Ashley: Bye, Tate.

She smiled and then she disappeared into the room. I looked at her number in my phone and I felt my heart constrict yet again. For once, I wish we had another night here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to upload thisXD I have a lot of school stuff going on. Chapter four should be ready by Sunday!:D Tell me what you think, BE HONEST.