Rise of the Eight

Life Lessons of Normality

CRASH

THUMP

SHATTER

“HEY!” Mika called up the stairs, it had been over a month and nothing had gotten any better, only worse. “You two stop tearing up my house!” Mika yelled angrily as she went to head off to work, briefcase in hand. “Get the fuck out of my room!” Mika could hear Tora yell from up the stairs followed by another crash “Mika told you to get up an hour ago” Raizo’s voice follow calm but raised, there was another loud thump. “I’m heading off to work! I’ll see you two when I get home!” Mika called up with a sigh she shook her head and headed out the door “If there is still a home to come to” she muttered closing the door behind her.

Tora flew back and landed on her bum on the ground. She growled and leered up at Raizo who stood over her unamused “must you make this so hard on yourself” He stated calmly as he gazed at her with his blank stare. “It wouldn’t be hard if the Ninja wacko would let me sleep!” she barked. “Can’t sleep in your cloths can you?” he asked a smug smile coming to his face, Tora furrowed her brow “what in the hell are you talking about! Dumbass I’m not in my-” Raizo arched one eyebrow “are you sure?” He asked, Tora grumbled and looked down at herself “AH!” she screamed “how the fuck!” she screamed scrambling to her feet picking at her shirt and her jeans.

“How” Tora twisted and turned looking at herself “Bra and everything” she muttered turning back around she pointed at Raizo “You pervert!” she called Raizo crossed his arms “Please I’m skilled enough that I didn’t even have to look, now come on” He said walking away Tora watched him baffled “Fucking jerk, I going back to bed” she muttered walking over to her waterbed, A hand reached out and grabbed her by the arm “and we’re going to work on that bad mouth of yours too” Raizo spoke dragging Tora behind him as he exited the Room. No matter how hard she struggled it wasn’t any use.

Tora walked down the busy New York street, she kept glancing behind her, walking as fast as she could. “I think I lost him” she muttered to herself as her eyes scanned the crowd. She sighed in relief and smirked “so much for skilled Ninja” She laughed “don’t get so full of yourself” Raizo called. Tora looked around her from side to side, and then behind, she couldn’t find him “up here” he called, turning around ahead of her, a few paces away standing in the crowd was, in fact Raizo. “How in god’s name!” Tora barked “Mika wants me to teach you some respect, and that’s what I going to do” he called walking over to her, “whether you like it or not” He added looking down at her, She shivered under the pressure of Onyx eyes. “Great” she muttered looking off to the side.

“Huh?” she breathed as in the corner something glimmered out of a man trench coat. He wore very dark sun glasses, and looked out of place standing behind a dumpster in the ally peeking around. “shit” Tora growled looking around the crowd, “one” she counted turning she spotted another man in a brown trench “two” she breathed looking behind her she could see another one “Three” Tora clenched her teeth “damn it” she growled looking Up Raizo seemed to be scanning the crowd as well, however he reached and took Tora by the arm nonchalantly. Gunfire sounded out, Tora gave out a high pitched scream as people hit the deck and she found herself being whisked off in the street.

“Wait I’m not that fast!” Tora called as Raizo dragged her behind him, hoping onto and over cars in traffic, “Raizo!” she called unable to keep up and jump at once she foot got snagged on the Taxi Cab sign. Raizo swiped her up mu her waist carrying her under his arm like a cat or a purse. “This isn’t what I meant!” Tora barked bullets whizzing over her head shut her up and she shut her eyes. “Who are they?” Raizo asked looking down at her briefly as he ran. “Saldana’s men” Tora said as Raizo ran down an alleyway. It lead to a dead end.

Setting Tora down, he took out a chain and Sickle “you just walk around with that?” Tora asked, but fell silent as two of the three trench coat sporting men stepped into the ally blocking the exit. “So you went and hired a bodyguard huh?” One asked, Tora narrowed her eyes at him “Not my bodyguard it’s my sister’s weirdo friend!” She called the second man laughed “ha ha look Vin he thinks he’s a Ninja” He chuckled Raizo glared and swung the chain around. “What do you want with Tora?” He asked calmly “look tough guy put the toy down and let the big boys work, you’re wasting Saldana’s time, and time is Money!” the first man growled “just step to the side and give us the girl” the second said pulling out a wallet “how much would it take to do this the easy way?” he asked.

Tora’s eyes darted between Raizo and the men, she had started to regret being a smart ass as she watched Raizo watch the man take out his check book. “You’re cowards” Raizo muttered and with one effortless swing the chain flew, its sickle slashing across both of the men’s knees. As they fell to the ground Raizo grabbed Tora by the arm and bolted through them and up the street. Quickly getting lost in the busy streets.

Tora trailed behind Raizo watching him scan the crowds “they’re gone you know?” she asked dryly “you only ran about 5 miles” she added. Raizo stopped and looked back at her “this Saldana” he asked slowly “what does he want you for?” Tora rolled her eyes and walked past him “nothing” she muttered “three thugs coming after you mean you did something” He stated Tora chuckled “Thugs?” she asked as he walked next to her “Please, those weren’t thugs, ninja boy they were Gangsters, OGs at that, pure Cuban” she said bitterly “then what did you do?” He asked Tora looked up at him “what did you do that you can’t just go back to being a ninja?” she asked turning it around, anything not to answer not in the open, and not to a stranger. Raizo nodded “fair enough” He said. Tora sighed and cross her arms, “he did save my ass…” she thought closing her eyes and bit her cheek “Mika…” she paused hesitating as she opened her eyes again “Mika wanted me to show you how normal people do things right?” She asked, Raizo looked down at her “well fine, but you gotta listen to me and stop being so weird” She stated quickly. “Come on” she called walking ahead of him “first things first”

“You can’t go around in that damned leather jacket, you look like a vandal or something” Tora said. Inside of a discount clothing store, Tora reached into her Bra pulling out a clipped wad of cash, she counted it quickly and stuffed it back, then it hit her as she side glanced at him “how’d you know I stage my money in my bra?” she asked, “when we fought a month ago you protected that side of your chest like it was golden” Raizo stated looking around. Tora rubbed her temples and shook her head “whatever, come on” she said leading him down an aisle of circular racks. “What size do you wear? Medium? Large? What?” Tora asked ruffling through the shirts. Raizo watched her. “Test your own skills of observation” He said “what do you think I am?” Tora made a noise of frustration “how the hell should I know I haven’t looked at you enough to know” she growled glancing back at him she looked him up and down, form shoulder to shoulder and to his midriff. “Take off the jacket, I can’t tell” she ordered, Raizo smirked and peeled his jacket off.

“Geez” Tora thought looking over his arms, “for s skinny guy he’s got hell muscle” she thought, her eyes widened and she glared at his smirking face. She reached into the rack and pulled out a random graphic T-shirt and shoved it at him “It’s a Large” she muttered walking over to another Rack. It contained pants. She glanced back at him “Oh hell no, I’m not picking out the pants those you have on just find more like that” she explained pointing to the rack “at least 3 or 4 of them” she added walking off to another Shirt rack “I’ll find you shirts”

Tora flipped through the clothing, most was to street for him, in her opinion she chuckled at the thought of Raizo wearing saggy pants a head rag and a cap. “Something funny?” He asked standing next to her, pants piled over his arm Tora glared at him “you nearly gave me a damn heart attack! Don’t do that, rule number one of being normal, do not just appear next to people, make some noise!” She barked. Raizo looked at her blankly and then looked to the rack. “How it going?” he asked Tora pouted, he wasn’t even listening. She sighed and held up three hangers she had on her wrist. “I found these, 2 are graphic T’s, you were those to be casual, this one’s a button up shirt, it’s in between Casual and formal” She explained, Raizo looked at the rack “so what about a formal shirt?” he asked Tora pulled a few more shirts off the rack and dangled them over her arm “those come with a suit usually, but you shouldn’t be doing anything formal so you won’t need one” she said leading the way to the clerk.

Tora waited outside of the store with the Bags while Raizo changed in the changing room. She held up his leather jacket, it was covered in gashes and tears “he must really like this thing to be keeping it, looks like a dog got at it” she muttered holding it closer to her face “bullet holes?” she questioned. The store’s bell chirped as Raizo exited, Tora quickly folded up the Jacket and stuffed it into the bag. “Took you long enough” she muttered looking him up and down she crossed her arms and nodded in approval “well it’s an improvement” she stated “gee thanks” Raizo stated in dry sarcasm.
“Next thing is you’ve got to build credit, to build credit you’ll need two things” Tora stated hopping off of a bus in front of central park. “Which is?” Raizo asked Tora leered at him in irritation “I wasn’t finished!” she snarled calming herself down she cleared her throat “You’ll need two things” Raizo rolled his eyes “that’s Cash and a Job” She said. “Over there” she said pointing to a cart down the side walk. The park was full of people, couples, families, joggers, and dog walkers. “Two Coney dogs” Tora ordered from the cart “please” Raizo said cutting in for her she looked up at him oddly “I told you, that bad mouth is not suitable” Raizo stated. Tora rolled her eyes and took the Hotdogs handing one over to Raizo, before continuing down the sidewalk.

“If you need a job and cash to build credit, where is your job?” Raizo asked following behind her hotdog untouched. “It’s getting cold you should eat it” Tora stated as she took a bite out of hers, somehow managing not to get any of the cheese on her face. Raizo eyed it cautiously “It’s not poisoned or anything people, normal people eat these all the time, they’re good, New York’s finest” Tora said simply taking another bite. Raizo watched her unmoved “are you serious?” she asked “didn’t they have hotdogs in this clan of yours?” she asked almost mockingly, Raizo blinked “oh geez, what was I thinking of course they didn’t that’d be too much like right” she murmured to herself. “Look it’s a lesson in normal life, alright, eat it!” she called. Raizo sighed and held up the Coney dog he examined it and finally took a bite. Tora watched him expectantly as he swallowed “weeelll?” she asked “it’s awful” he said handing it to her and walking ahead. “What? Are you crazy?” she asked looking down at the bitten hotdog. “yes” he called, Tora shrugged and ran to catch up to him “oh well” she mused biting into the hotdog herself, Raizo stopped and looked down at her “what?” she asked swallowing “look if my sister took you in your clean” she said taking another bite “lesson 4 it’s good not to waste food” she muttered with her mouth full. Scarfing down the rest of the Hotdog she tossed the empty holders into the nearest trash.

“Now back to learning about building credit” Tora said as she sat on a bench next to Raizo. “You need cash and a job…so what’s then” Raizo asked. “well to get cash you need a job, unfortunately you’re well into your 30s and no one knows you and you’ve never had a job, so you can’t really fill out a resume to get a job” Tora explained watching a group of teens play football “and you kinda need a resume, because no one really hires 30 something year olds who have never worked before.” She said. Raizo nodded “where do you work?” he asked Tora sighed “not going let it go huh?” she asked leaning back into the bench “fine” she sighed looking up at him “I work nights three times a week at this place that gives self-defense lessons” She said closing her eyes, but she could feel him looking at her “No, It’s bad enough your living with us, and I have to teach you how to be normal I do not want to have to look at your face all night as well!” Tora stated. Opening one eye Raizo was still looking at her. She grumbled and got to her feet “come on, we should head home Mika’s gonna want that mess you made cleaned up” she said brushing off the back of her jeans. “I made?” Raizo asked arching an eyebrow “yes you made, if you had just let me sleep all that shit wouldn’t have been broken” she barked Raizo leered at her and pinched a point on her shoulder. Pain surged through her body “OW!” Tora cried out pulling away from him.

“the hell was that for!” she yelled, he reached for her and did it again “Stop!” she yelled pushing him away rubbing her shoulder “I told you, watch your mouth” He stated calmly before walking off ahead of her “geez, fuckin-” Tora quickly leapt to the side “Ha!” she called as he missed however looking around she could not find him where’d he- AH!” she yelped as pain surged through her body, she growled and grabbed his wrist with both hands, “stop it!” she yelled pulling him forward as she brought her Elbow into his stomach, he grunted softly , she glanced at his face which was next to hers as he leaned over her beck “you’re hits aren’t very powerful, you teach self-defense?” he asked with a crooked smile. Tora leered at him and before she could retort she found herself laying on the ground flat on her back. She blinked a few times and watched as Raizo walked off “come on” he called.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I'm back sorry that I had left you with the prologue and vanished.