Rise of the Eight

Under Attack, Enter Natsumi

Tora stood in front of her night class grumbling to herself while a few of the women snickered and gushed over Raizo or her grumbling. “Everyone, this is Raizo, he’s going to be replacing Linda for the time being while she recovers from that back surgery.” Tora muttered, “Oh Tora be more enthused, he’s l;$so cute!” A middle aged woman who had been coming to these classes for a year now, said. Her name was Tanya. Raizo never even cracked a smile “anyway Raizo here thinks he’s a ninja” Tora said with an amused smirk. “So He’s going to lead us in some new basic moves that can protect you from an unfriendly stranger” Tora added. Raizo cut her a sharp glance “you wanted a job you got one” she whispered walking to the other side of him, letting him stand as head of the class.

“Very well, but Tora” Raizo called, Tora froze in her steps “I’m going to need a partner” he said Tora grumbled and stood next to him. Raizo took her arm and lead her in front of him “You are going to learn how to successfully break free of a capture” He instructed, wrapping his arms bindingly around Tora’s body, her arms pinned at her side “so pair up with someone and you will take turns” He added. Tora muttered curse words under her breath as she stood under Raizo. “Hurry it up it’s hot under here!” she called her heart thumped hard in her chest “this guy knows nothing about personal space” she thought. “Great, now first step part your feet and make sure you are planted firmly to the ground” He instructed, Tora did as he said and the women followed. “Good now bring your arms in front of you, then with your palms push out against your captors arms” Raizo stated, Tora followed instructions “you want to hit then with the bottom of your palm the hardest end” he added, Tora did so “use all your body weight but be sure not to stumble” Tora broke free of his grasp and whirled around to face him. “Very good” he stated looking down at her. “Again” he stated and the class tried again.

Raizo and Tora sat on the buss, it was late maybe around 11:30, and she sat near the window looking out at the cars going by. Raizo setting quickly next to her seemed to be glancing around nervously, Tora could see his reflection in the windows. “What’s with you?” she asked looking at him through the glass. He glanced at her but stayed quiet, eyes scanning. “We’ve been followed all day” he said lowly. “Probably just Saldana’s guys, we’re almost home” Tora grumbled she was tired of them coming around. “No” Raizo murmured “It’s not them, I can pin point them. Whoever this is I can’t” He admitted. Tora looked up at him “well then in that case you’d better hope there aren’t a whole lot of stops between here and home” she replied leaning back in the bus seat and closing her eyes.

Tora had fallen asleep on the bus, however Raizo managed to find his way back to Mika’s house carrying Tora on his back. He reached into Tora’s pocket and pulled out a ring of keys. As he went to open the door, he froze. He could feel something behind him, turning around slowly it caught a glimpse of a Man shape shadow vanishing up into the air. Raizo glared at where it stood. “Raizo?” Mika asked opening the door “is everything ok?” she added her eyes falling on her sister and then down the street. “Yes” Raizo replied ignoring the Shadow pushing the tough to the back of his mind as he entered the house.

He shook Tora off his back and onto the Sofa. “Wow she fell asleep? She hasn’t slept soundly in months” Mika said watching her sister in awe. Raizo looked back to the door “was she a handful?” Mika asked, Raizo turned to her “She has a bad mouth” He stated Mika rubbed her temples “yeah I know, I’ve been trying to break her of that” Raizo rested a hand on Mika’s shoulder “But she isn’t bad, she’s just scared” Mika looked up at Raizo “yes, yes that’s what I’ve been trying to tell everyone” Mika said with a smile.

“Why is everyone talking about me like I’m not even here” Tora muttered rubbing her eyes and she sat up on the sofa and stretched. “Because you were knocked out that’s why” Mika said crossing her arms “I ordered some take out, it’s in the kitchen if either of you are hungry” Mika spoke while heading towards the door and her briefcase “you’re leaving?” Tora asked quickly rising to her feet “Yes, I’ve got some investigative work to do, I’m sorry but I’ll be back before you go to sleep” Mika called going out the door.

Tora looked up at Raizo, “I’m tired of getting stuck with you” she shot, Raizo ignored her and went into the kitchen.

Tora chewed on her teriyaki bowl contents as she sat on the sofa eyes fixed to the TV. The blue light giving the dark room a dim glow. “I don’t even know why she ordered this stuff…she knows I don’t care for it” Tora murmured as her glanced down at the Chinese food. “He’s not even Chinese” She thought. With another sigh she continued to eat. “You can’t hear it” Raizo said, his voice made Tora jump slightly “When in the hell?” Tora asked looking over at him as he sat next to her. “I’m going to let that one slide” He said picking at his food with Chopsticks. Tora leered at him poking out her bottom lip. “Whatever” she muttered turning her gaze back to the TV. “Turn it up” He directed but Tora ignored him, he eyed her briefly and snatched the remote form her hand “Hey!” she called out “You don’t have to constantly have your guard up” He breathed clicking the volume button. “Says the runaway stray of a Ninja” Tora shot back “I like the volume low!” Tora called reaching for the remote, Raizo pulled it away “ugh it’s just some silly soap opera anyway, you can’t tell me you actually like those!” Tora went on reaching again Raizo pulled the remote further away “They’re better on mute anyway, you still understand them and no corny lines!” Tora ranted still reaching. “That’s just an opinion” Raizo said watching her, Tora looked to the side and drew in a sharp breath. Bottomless Black eyes gazed at her, empty. “What are you looking at me for?” Tora shouted nervousness getting the best of her “You’re loud to be so small” He stated, Tora’s cheeks tented “I’m not small, your just short for a guy” she mumbled her hand still outstretched for the remote, but no longer reaching, Raizo watched her, inwardly amused as she had not noticed she was leaning over him.

He turned the Volume up louder, and Tora reached for the remote again, he pulled it further and further out of her reach until she lost her balance and fell over him. “Ah Ha!” Tora called as she snatched the Remote out of his hand. “Got it!” she said but before she could celebrate her minor victory long, Raizo had moved her body around, and she now sat entrapped in his arms. “You celebrate to quickly, never assume victory unless you have evaded your opponent” Raizo murmured into her ear as she struggled against him. “Remember what you learned” he added. Tora looked down to see that he had her held in the same fashion he did in the self-defense class. Tora followed the steps taught slamming her palms against his arms she broke his grasp. However His food, her food, and the remote crashed to the floor.

“Great!” Tora panicked darting to the ground and started to clean it up forgetting about what had just went on. “Leave it to my sister to have wooden floors but a freaking white throw rug!” She blustered, Raizo stood up and left into the Kitchen. “Good for nothing, Ninja, leaving me to clean up this mess! He caused it! Yellow ass Nig-” Tora stopped her ranting as a bottle of Clorox and a roll of paper towels was thrust in front of her “what was that last part?” Raizo asked dangerously Tora looked up at him shocked, she recovered herself quickly snatching the items “thank you” she grumbled as she started whipping the rug with the cleanser.

Meanwhile down the that Police station, Mika met up with Officer Brooks, about a case involving missing weapons and drugs that were being deported. Mika looked over the files and paper work, notes taken and evidence found. Her eyes grew large “this?” she said holding up a thin stack of stapled papers “this wasn’t even on the news” she stated “It can’t be true can it?” Officer Brooks nodded “it was classified, but yes it’s true, Joe Saldana was broken out of Jail a week ago” he said. Mika’s eyes danced fearfully “How, that place is supposed to be a modern fort knocks” Mika knew this wasn’t good ad it couldn’t have been possible. “You wouldn’t believe it” Officer Brooks stated slowly as he shook his head “Even the feds are having a hard time grasping it” He added “Try me, I’ve seen things that shouldn’t be possible before” Mika said firmly “Well some of the men in the surrounding cells saw men dressed in all black” He looked up at Mika “they had their faces covered up to the nose, and carried with them Blades” Mika had went back to reading while he spoke but those words grabbed her attention “what?” she asked “they say it was ninja’s” Brooks explained, he then chuckled “Ninjas go figure!” Mika shook her head as she pulled out images that the Prison Surveillance Camera’s had picked up.

“No Brooks” She said lifting the pictures up “they may be right” she muttered turning to him “but I’ve got an informant who can tell us for sure” Mika added stashing the file into her briefcase she made to leave to Station.

Tora stood in the shower, washing out her hair, the hot steam was relaxing and all tension in her body seemed to wash away with the soap. A soft thud on the roof made her pause, Tora took her hands out of her hair and listened. She could hear footsteps down the hall, the came to the bathroom door and stopped. “Raizo?” Tora called out, but she did not get an answer. No other sounds followed just silence. Tora shrugged it off and washed the last traces of shampoo from her hair. A splintering crack shook the room.

Tora jumped and quickly covered her body by tearing away the shower curtain and wrapping it around herself. Her eyes landed on a stranger he was dressed in all black, what looked like traditional Japanese attire of some sort, his lower half of his face covered in black skin tight material. Under it he smiled “well this is a very nice surprise” He said “Tora Coretti?” He asked Tora shook slightly but glared “Who wants to know!” she barked backing up against the shower wall. The Man chuckled “touchy, touchy” he said wagging his finger. “Joe Saldana” He spoke Tora clenched her teeth “He’s in jail!” She called “we broke him out!” the man called rushing her, Tora screamed and dropped to the ground, crawling over the bathtub she backed up to the bathroom door, but something blocked her way.

“Get up and go get dressed” Tora looked up to see Raizo towering behind her “go!” He ordered, Tora nodded and scrambled to her feet, holding on tightly to the shower curtain as she ran down the hall.

Raizo leered at the Ninja “well, well, well” The ninja said standing up straight “if it isn’t Raizo!” He called cheerfully holding out his arms “you made a mess of the Ozunu” He stated flatly “Natsumi” Raizo’s tone was bored. “tch, this will be easy, I’ll take your head first!” Natsumi called rushing Raizo. Raizo glared at his fellow ninja evading his attack he darted behind him. Natsumi turned around “hey, make this easy on the hella huh? Run in and run out with both you and the girls heads, you’re being too difficult” Natsumi barked as he made a dash for Raizo. Raizo grabbed the Shower curtain poll and held it in front of him as Natsumi brought down his sword. With a little effort Raizo flung Natsumi behind him into the tub. “Damn it” Natsumi grunted quickly getting to his feet, but Raizo had already fled out the bathroom.

“ha ha ha! Running Raizo?” Natsumi called making chase.

Tora scrambled around her room reaching under mattress “I’ve almost got it” she groaned reaching her arm as far as she could. The bumps and bashes outside of her room were becoming louder. “Come back here!” She could hear the other man calling. “Hurry! Come on!” Tora yelled at herself, soon her fingers brushed against something cold and metallic. “Gotcha!” she thought pulling out a small silver pistol. Tora got to her feet and ran towards the door, holding onto the handle she hesitated and took a deep breath “here it goes” she muttered flinging the door open.

Gun pointed Tora let out a shaky breath as she saw no one was down the hall. A loud crash came from down the stairs. Darting down the stair way the clanking of clashing blades echoed through the dark house, Tora ran to the bottom of the stairs and rounded into the Kitchen. Raizo and the Ninja’s blades were not visible to the eye just bright flashes of white sparks when the blades connected. “Hey!” Tora called out taking aim “Get out of my sister’s house!” she called as she fired, “stupid girl” Natsumi grumbled as he evaded the bullet, Raizo followed his movements and swung his sword a few locks of Natsumi’s hair fluttered through the air. “Close” Natsumi called perched onto the counter “but not enough” He growled jumping for Raizo.

Tora fired another shot, Raizo quickly moved out of the way as the bullet grazed Natsumi’s cheek and hit the wall here Raizo was formerly standing. Natsumi gasped and then smirked “how interesting you almost hit me” He said turning to face Tora “news flash, you’re bleeding, I did hit you” Tora said with a Stoney disposition. Natsumi whipped his cheek with his finger and licked the blood from it playfully. “You’re going to be a fun one yeah” He said with a smile. Tora aimed again “I don’t feel like playing with you!” she called firing, as Natsumi went to Evade Raizo came crashing down from the air his Blade cut into Natsumi’s shoulder.

With a yell Natsumi darted away from Raizo’s attack before it could claim his whole left arm. He growled deeply while holding his shoulder, Natsumi took out a hand full of Needles. “These should slow you down” He said tossing them. Raizo’s eyes glinted “Tora move!” He called tackling her to the ground they rolled and the needles landed beside them. “What? They’re just needles, they look like sewing needles?” Tora asked “Poison idiot” Natsumi laughed, Tora paled “shit” she muttered “and I’ve got plenty more!” Natsumi called out reaching he held out a handful of Needles. Raizo leaned over Tora’s body as a shield. “When they hit you run and find your sister” he instructed. They’re eyes locked, Tora nodded unable to speak as they waited for the needles to hit.

BANG

“I don’t think so!” Mika roared as she fired her gun, “what?” Natsumi gasped as a bullet tore into his gut. Mika walked through the kitchen standing before Tora and Raizo protectively her gun aimed. “Go back to your masters, and tell Saldana we’re coming for him!” Mika called firing a warning shot “Go!” she demanded. Natsumi growled and left out the window.