Under the Giant Oak

I'm Not the Norm

I woke up to my empty apartment by the shrieking of my alarm clock. I groaned but got up anyways. Today was supposed to be exciting at school. For all the vampire at least. I was dreading it. I was a vampire sure, but I didn't associate that well with others.

The world was run by vampires. The time for humans have come and gone, and now it was the vampire's turn. Their were two different types of vampires. Doms and fertiles. Doms were highly respected and highly feared. They took torture classes for gosh's sake. They were no one to mess with. They were known for killing humans for even the tiniest reason. The other type, the fertiles, were also respected, just a different type of respected. A fertile was anyone who could bare children, which means there is male and female fertiles. Dom's natural instinct was to protect fertiles with their lives because they did have the children, and they couldn't live without them.

My school was the same as any other school, well mostly. We had vampires and humans still feared us, but there wasn't as many vampires as most schools. We only had about 200 to the 1,000 humans, which was unusual because it was usually half and half. The doms still beat up the humans daily, killed sometimes, and they always took care of their fertiles. Well, mostly. I was a fertile. Doms never took care of me.

I was faded into the background of the stupid school. I didn't have any friends. I didn't talk to anyone. I sat quietly in class. And, I got beat up by humans daily. This wasn't normal for fertiles. They usually talked and jabbered, and they never, never got beat up by humans. Guess I was just special.

I got to school in record time, and walked to my first class. I listened to all the talk from the stuck up cheerleaders who gossiped about the new students. My school was conjoining with another school from down the lot. They did this once every three or four years for mating purposes. The vampires had a mating ceremony to match the doms with the fertiles. My school was too small to have one of its own, so we got together with the bigger school in the neighborhood.

The groan of the old bells rang in through the entire school signaling class had started. The teacher started going on about new students and shit that I wasn't really interested in. Well, not until the new students actually came in. There were about six of them, four vampires and two humans. The humans a honestly didn't give a flying rat's ass about, so I didn't notice them that much. The vampires on the other hand were a different story.

There were three doms and one fertile. The fertile had choppy bond hair that was obviously fake, and he had big brown eyes. He was kinda tan for a vampire, but no doubt was he attractive. He was clutching onto a dom's arm that had big hair like the same as Slash, from Guns n' Roses. He was tan too, and he was wearing sunglasses, so I couldn't see his eyes. The other dom had long black hair. He was pale, and he had gages in his ears and one or two visible tattoos. The last dom, on the other hand, was very appealing to the eye. He had tattoos covering his entire visible body, and he had brown hair in a normal scene fashion. He had big brown eyes, and wasn't as pale as the other one, but his skin was no where near tan.

The teacher started to yap about some crap I didn't give a damn about like introducing the students and telling them where they were going to sit. 'Lucky' for me, the only empty seats were around me. The fertile and the Slash look alike sat two seat over from my seat in the back, and the black haired one sat in front of me. The last one sat to my right, and a window of the court yard sat to my left.

"Alright class, we will be doing a worksheet with the person sitting next to you. So, get to. You can move desks if you need to." The teacher said handing everyone a paper. It didn't look too hard. i could do it on my own, but we need to do it with partners. I peered over to the boy sitting next to me, and he was already moving his desk closer to mine. I inwardly groaned. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably before quickly jotting down the first answer.

"Wow, good team work partner." The kid said in a really sexy voice. Wait, what the fuck? Sexy? Oh no, this stranger was just that a stranger he was not fucking sexy.

"Do you want to get it done or not? I have the answers, so copy it if you don't." I muttered going back to my work.

"Your name is Max Green?" He asked looking over my shoulder.

"That's what I write on all my papers." I said.

"I'm Ronnie Radke."

"That's awesome for you. I got work to do, so if you don't mind." I started doing the work again.

I was half way through the last problem when Ronnie took my paper.

"What the hell? I was doing that." I said.

"Yeah well, you weren't doing it right. You were supposed to subtract that before you divided. You did the opposite, so you got the rest of it wrong." He muttered while erasing my paper and fixing what he said was wrong. I just sneered at him. Who the fuck did he think he was? It was his first day and he was already pissing me off. Just great.

"Are you done? The bell is about to ring and I need to turn this shit in."

"Yeah, here." He said handing me the paper back. Our hand brushed for a split second, and shivers ran down my spine. It stunned me for a second, but I quickly recovered and gave the paper to the teacher.

"Soooo, good work partner." Ronnie said.

"Yeah, whatever." I scoffed.

"What's got your panties in a bunch?"

"Just fuck off, Ronnie. I don't really want to talk to you, and you only want to talk to me because of that stupid instinct all you doms have." He looked hesitant for a second. Fertiles don't usually talk to people like that, let alone doms, and they don't curse.

"What if I'm actually interested in you?" He asked.

"Well, I don't really give a damn what you are interested in, so leave me be. It will be better for you in the long run."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because I know things." I sighed. I knew too many things, if you ask me.

The bell rang and I sprung out of class before Ronnie could question me further about my pathetic life in this hell hole. I walked through the hallways avoiding people who seemed to think I was invisible. My second class was just down the hall, so it didn't take long to get there, and I rarely caught trouble.

Two periods went by quickly. There was nothing very interested in either besides a couple of new kids. There was a bunch of humans that I didn't care about and only about three or four vampires. Blondie was in both classes, and he seemed to bring a short, blacked haired friend with him. I didn't socialize with anyone as usual.

It was when I was walking to lunch, when the trouble started. George, the usual high school jock that was loaded with steroids and had an orange tan, was the one who always gave it. He always brought a couple of friends with him. They always changed, so I never minded them much. I don't know why they thought it was fun to mess with me. I fought back every time. I guess, they just wanted to get back at the vampires, and no one was going to stop them if they beat on me.

"Aye, faggot!" I heard the jack ass scream from down the hall. Of course we were the only there.

"What do you want, George?" I asked turning around to face him. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me flee.

"Looks like the little punk has some sass in him today." He laughed with his followers. "Just wanted to see how you were, fairy."

"Aw, I knew you couldn't go a day without my beautiful face."

"What are you implying, fag?" He sneered.

"That the names you seem fond of calling me aren't too far from home." I replied.

"I ain't no faggot. You are the only one I see right now."

"Really? Because I see six right now." I scoffed.

"Why you little" That's when the first punch was thrown. It barely missed my jaw. I threw another one back at him, and I got a good hit to his nose before all five guys seemed to attack at once. I fell over, and immediately covered my head with my arms, and pulled my legs to my chest. There were multiple hits and kicks to my body that I didn't bother to count or figure out from who they were coming from.

After what seemed like an eternity, they stopped. They never just stopped before. I couldn't tell what was going on because the blood was rushing in my ears, and all I could hear was the pounding of my own heart. I looked up, and all the guys were fighting Ronnie from earlier. I scrambled to sit up, but quickly regretted it because of the pain that shot through my body.

"Hey, take it easy. You got hit pretty bad." Someone said to my left. I looked over, and the only thing I could tell through my blurred vision was that they had bright Blondie hair. Blondie.

"I'm fine." I muttered hoisting my body off the ground. My body screamed for me to stop, but I couldn't. My joints seemed to pop, and my muscles seemed to tighten up.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said grabbing my fallen bag from the floor. I put it back to its place on my shoulders, and saw Ronnie had George by the throat saying something to him that I couldn't hear. I started to walk away from the scene in front of me, when Blondie caught my arm causing me to since.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Lunch. Where else would I go?"

"I don't know. The clinic or something. You're pretty beat up, and I know Ronnie wants to chat with you."

"Yeah well, if he wants to talk to me he can find me." I said pulling my arm out of his grasp, and trying to walk away.

"Aren't you going to the clinic?" He asked again.

"No."

"Why not?"

"This happens enough that I don't need too." I muttered before making my escape.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, obviously. Longer than my usual.