Under the Giant Oak

Caught In The Act

"Agh, my eyes!" Someone screamed from the door. Ronnie and I detached our lips to look over to see not one, but four people standing there. Monte was obviously the one who screamed because he was covering his face, while Ortiz was standing there just shaking his head. Pete and Patrick were just smirking like they knew what was going on. I could feel heat traveling up my neck, so I could tell my face most be as red as firetruck. This was literally the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me.

"You guys couldn't even make it to the bedroom?" Pete asked.

"Well, when you want it, you want it." Ronnie replied unfazed that we were just caught half naked making out on the couch.

"Whatever, just get a freaking room." Ortiz said. You could tell he wanted to use a different word, but he would never in front of any fertiles. That was unacceptable.

"Don't mind if we do." Ronnie said smirking. He stood up quickly, but before I could react I was thrown over his shoulder. I wasn't expecting it, so I might have made a similar sound to a person squealing.

"Oh, there's a human that needs to be taught a lesson to whoever wants to teach him one in the basement. He already passed out once to me, so maybe one of you two will have better luck." Ronnie added before running up the stairs with me pounding on his back to put me down.

"Ronnie, I swear to god that if you don't put me down now I will personally see to it that the devil eats your soul." I yelled at him hitting his back some more. He just chuckled and kept walking.

"Ronnie, I'm not kidding. Put me the fuck down." I tried again.

"Fine, fine." He said throwing me on his bed. I landed with an uff sound, and then glared daggers at Ronnie who was just standing there as innocent as could be.

"That was unnecessary and not enjoyed." I said.

"Yeah well, did you honestly want to face them after they caught us doing things that people usually only do in private?" He asked straddling my waist.

"It's not like we were doing anything worse than making out." I said.

"That's not what they think." He said starting to kiss down my neck again. God, he just doesn't slow down.

"And what do they think?" I sighed closing my eyes and exposing more of my neck to him.

"That we've already done worse than just making out." He chuckled.

"And why would they think that?"

"Because we're mates, and most mates make love the day of the matching. As far as they are concerned, we are just like any normal pair. Besides, we were just kissing on the couch with no shirts on, and you have quite the hickeys on your neck." He said not missing a beat.

"What do you mean I have quite the hickeys?" I said stopping Ronnie's movements. He sighed and sat up right.

"You really think that when I was biting on your neck, I wasn't leaving any marks?" He asked like he was talking to the dumbest person on the planet.

"Well, you might not of." I mumbled. "Just move." I added seconds after.

"What? Why?"

"I want to see them you dumb ass."

He understood admittedly, and scrambled to his feet. I walked over to the bathroom mirror where I saw an array of multiple hickeys on my neck. I looked like I was attacked by a fucking cat or something. I didn't even think that I had this many when he was actually making them.

Ronnie was leaning against the door frame smirking his ass off. I'm sure this was quite a proud moment for him. Any sign that I was taken just made him jolly off his ass, or any dom's ass for that matter. They just love showing everyone what's theirs.

"I look like I was fucking attacked by something." I muttered touching my neck proving that this was real.

"I'm sure someone could tell the difference between some love bites and being attacked by something." He said rolling his eyes.

"Yeah well, most people don't have this many 'love bites', as you call them, at one single time."

"No one will care. You're a fertile, and you are always around me in public. People can fill in the dots from there, I'm pretty sure."

"You over estimate common intelligence."

"And you under estimate the amount of sexual in counters people have." He countered.

"I don't really want to think about that, but I can guarantee that I'm not leaving the house with these." I said walking past him and back to the bedroom. I leaned against the head rest of the bed. Ronnie followed me and sat crossed legged in front of me.

"Sorry, to burst your bubble, but we are actually going out tonight." He said.

"What?" I snapped.

"We have to go to this dinner thing tonight with Pete and Patrick. It's some formal event that they are suggested to bring guests to. They asked me if we wanted to go, and I said why not."

"And you didn't think to tell me this, why exactly?" I asked clearly a little upset.

"Never really came up, and they only asked me last night."

"It never came up? You could have told me in the car this morning, or before the George incident, or before we . . .you know." I mumbled the last part.

"Oh, I know." He smirked making me roll my eyes. "It's hard enough starting a conversation with you, let alone trying to tell you something that I know will piss you off, and besides I wasn't exactly thinking about that when we were kissing on the couch." He continued.

"Whatever, I guess I kinda have to go don't I? What time is it? I need to know if I have to get a replacement at work."

"It starts at five and ends at god knows when."

"Fine, give me your phone." I demanded. It was about three now, so somebody was bound to be there. Ronnie passed over the phone and quickly dialed the memorized number.

"Paper moon gentleman's club. Jack speaking." The manager said.

"Uh, hey Jack. It's Max. I can't come in tonight. I . .uh. . I have a cold." I lied poorly. Ronnie gave me the 'you have to be kidding me' look. Vampires don't get sick unless they were dying.

"You have a cold? You don't sound to sick to me, and I thought vampires don't get sick."

"Yeah well, I'm the exception I guess. I just feel really bad, so I can't make it." I said with a fake cough to try and sell the story.

"Alright, get better soon." He said before cutting the line.

"You have a cold? Really? That's the best you could come up with?" Ronnie asked mocking me.

"Hey, it was either that or I could leave you to fend for yourself at that dinner tonight." I said pushing him. It wasn't hard. I was no where near as strong as he was, so it was more of a playful thing. He still managed to grab my hand to pull me into his lap though.

"Thanks you for not leaving me to fend for myself." He said into my hair.

"Yeah, yeah, but you owe me. Big time. That was about two hundred bucks of tips you just cost me."

"I'm sure I'll think of something." He muttered leaning back, so we were both lying down, me on his chest, his arms around my torso.

"Do we have to go back downstairs to face them?" I whispered.

"No, not if you don't want to, not until the dinner at least."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda just a space filler until the next chapter. Lots of talking.