Under the Giant Oak

Then You Can Be A Manly Man

"Stop it! Ronnie, I swear to god, if you don't sit your ass back down, I will slap you so far up side the head!" I screamed at him.

The doctor said that the best chance of him to get well quickly is to stay off of his feet and be on constant bed rest for at least two weeks. It has been three days since he got home and he has already failed every single thing the doctor said to do. At least he was taking his medication, but then again, I had to force feed him that. So, I don't think that counts all that much.

Currently Ronnie was walking god knows where from where he was supposed to be in the living room. I already told him that if he needed anything to tell me because I would get it for him. It wasn't like I had anything else to do. God, why can't he just listen to me? For once?

"Ronnie, sit back down right now." I said sternly walking in front of him.

He sighed. "Max, I am perfectly capable of going to the kitchen by myself."

"No, you aren't. Do I need to go over all of your injuries that are making you incapable of going to the kitchen by yourself?" I asked. He shook his head. "Good, now go sit back down."

"Fine." He sighed and hobbled his way back to the couch. You could tell he was still in pain. He walked with his hand over his ribs. If you lifted his shirt, you would be able to see the bandages that he always kept his arm over. It took him effort to sit down, and if I was in the room, I would help him up. He had multiple stab wounds, but I don't think that he understood that. He was injured, but he didn't act like it.

"Thank you," I said once he sat down. "Now, please, if you need anything, tell me first. I am more than happy to get you anything you want."

"I know." He mumbled.

"So, why don't you let me?" I asked.

He muttered something I couldn't hear.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't like you having to take care of me." He said a little bit louder.

I looked at him a little bit confused. "What are you talking about? I take care of you all the time."

"Yeah," he said. "But, not like this. I should be taking care of you and shit, and now I can barely stand up on my own."

I laughed slightly, and he glared at me slightly. "Honey, you're injured. This isn't permanent. You can go back to being a manly man after you get better. Until then, I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. Okay?"

"Okay." He mumbled.

"Good boy." I smiled, kissing him on the forehead. "Now, do you need anything?"

"Sit with me?" He asked with his best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course." I replied sitting next to him. He tried to wrap his arm around my shoulder, but he couldn't lift his arm that far. So, instead, I entwined our fingers together and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I love you." I said.

He hesitated from what I hope was shock. "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is really short, but you all love the ending. So, you'll just ignore the length, right? Good!
Team Tyler