Under the Giant Oak

A Certain Arrogance About Him

"Ronnie," I called. "The detective is here."

The spikey haired detective followed me, without me having to ask him. "Mr. Radke, good to see you well. I'm detective Armstrong. I have a few questions about the attack." He lifted his hand for Ronnie to shake, and I knew when Ronnie reached up it hurt. You could see it plain on his face. Well, I could. His face was pretty straight otherwise.

"Please, call me Ronnie. Mr. Radke was my father. Max, would you be a doll and get me a cup of tea?" He asked, smiling.

"Of course, darling," I replied with my own fake one. "Would you like one as well, detective?"

"Please." He answered.

I walked off into the kitchen thinking that sneaky bastard. I knew what he was doing. Anyone in their right mind would! I can't believe him! He doesn't even like tea! If you are lagging behind, don't feel too bad. Tea happens to take a while to make, unlike blood or coffee. You have to first actually find a tea pot, then you have to fill her up with water, boil it, and wait for the tea to soak in enough for it to taste good. The only reason we have a box is because Patrick left some. That sneaky bastard is wasting time, so he can talk to the police without me. Ugh, he's infuriating.

Well, the one thing he forgot to think about is I'm not the best when it comes to just watching a pot boil. Time to eavesdrop.

"Did you recognize your attackers?" The detective asked.

"Yes," Ronnie replied. "I do not know their names though. They are part of the underground human revolt. I can tell you where their headquarters is located."

"You seem to know a lot about this revolt." Armstrong stated.

"I do. I've been tracking them for a while now. They have been quiet for many years until recently when the doms came into town. It has caused uproar, but I didn't know how many of the doms actually came into town." He explained.

"Can you explain these doms?" He asked.

"They are all over six feet tall, dark hair, two with medium build, the other two with bigger builds. Each of them has a tattoo on their left wrists. It's the number 943 with blood dripping down from each point. They looked recent. It was still peeling, so I think they might have gotten them in town." He answered.

"Would you be able to go down town for some sketches?" The police man suggested.

"I can to do one better," Ronnie replied. "I have pictures of them along with maps with points of recent errands they have been on. Just wait right here a moment."

I heard shuffling of feet and then of papers. There was more shuffling of feet before I heard the groaning sounds of the kettle begin to start.

I went back into the kitchen to finish the tea. Once that was down, I could go into the living room and actually watch what was going on. They both thanked me before I sat down next to my mate.

The detective was looking over pictures and papers that I assumed Ronnie had given him. He seemed to study them, even though we both knew that he would take them with him.

"May I take these?" He asked right on cue.

"Of course." Ronnie replied.

"Thank you. I think that's all the information we need at the time. Here's my card if you think of anything else." He said, handing over a card that read Billie Armstrong. I saw him out of the door.

"You were listening weren't you?" Ronnie asked when I sat back next to him.

I gave him a fake confused look. "Why would you assume that?"

"It's you we're talking about." He said with a look that said you have to be kidding me.

"You don't even like tea," I stated. "If you ask me to do something that you don't even like, I'm going to assume that you are talking about something you don't want me to hear. Of course, I'm going to listen."

"You're infuriating." He sighed.

I nodded. "I was just thinking the same thing about you."

He just shook his head.

"So, four guys, eh?" I asked.

He smirked. A certain arrogance came around him. "Yeah, baby. I'm a badass."