Under the Giant Oak

Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh

I heard the door slam open. There was multiple feet that followed after it, so I knew it wasn't Ronnie. Well, I had pretty much given hope on that. The phone was still completely secure in my hand. I'm sure my knuckles were dead white by now. There was still a chance, I told myself, one chance. My mind kept repaying things that could happen before then to possibly save my life, or ultimately end it. Then there was the thought of my funeral that kept playing. Would he cry? Would he sob uncontrollably on Pete's shoulder? Or, would he just stand there and stare off into space for hours? I didn't know. I could hope that he would be distraught over my death, but he was a dom. Maybe, he wouldn’t mourn, just forget all about me and hope that he could get through it.

Then there was Linda. Oh, that poor girl will be sobbing for days and days, and with her hormones, it might not just be because of my death. And, her child! God save that child! How will it live without me? Who will tell it that its mother really is insane, but not to worry about it because it isn't genetic? Or how to fend off the doms? Or how to get the fertile? Who will tell it how not to let the pressure of successful parents get to its head? Who will teach it how to ward off the fake people in their lives? And, how to find the true ones?

I'm not ready to go. I'm not. There were still too many things I wanted to do. Things I wanted to do with Ronnie, with Linda. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Pete and Patrick one more time! There was too much to do, and not enough time to do it.

Maybe, I was being pessimistic. There was a chance I can get out of this alive, a chance. But, with each passing minute it seemed to go down and down. I knew it took thirty minutes to get to the police station. It had been much more than that by now. My muscles couldn't resist against my bindings anymore, and my wrists were starting to burn from the binding’s. And, I knew it wouldn't be much longer until I knew the ending of my pessimistic fate.

The feet shifted more than one time, and I couldn't hold it in any longer. There was no way in hell I wasn't going to go down swinging. Like I said, these guys didn't research their mark well enough.

"Oi, assholes, you better not be messing that carpet up!" I screamed. No way in hell, I kept telling myself. I knew I shouldn't be messing with them, but at this point there was no reason not to.

"I thought you shut that scum up! Bret, Chris watch the door." One guy, who I assumed was the leader bellowed at my captor.

"Who are you calling scum, ya piece of shit?" I screamed back. That got them going.

I heard feet come stomping towards me. "What did you say?" He growled.

"I said, who are you calling scum, ya piece of shit?" I growled back.

He took two quick steps before slapping me across the face. I hissed but otherwise made no reaction. "You might want to watch your mouth, bitch." He spat.

"Why in the world would I want to do that?" I asked with a smile. "You boys seem like pleasant vamps to talk to, so why not chat up a storm together?"

"Vamps? We aren't no vamps, bitch." He scoffed.

I rolled my eyes. "Right, not vampires because you guys are exactly like all of the other humans out there with your super strength and speed, and not to mention your thirst for blood. Yeah, real human."

"What do you know about humans? All you do is torture and kill them!" He snapped.

I chuckled. "Yeah, cause you know a little, fragile fertile like me kills and tortures humans! You guys said you researched me, but you must not have done all that great because humans used to beat me up, not the other way around."

"Ugh, I'm done with him. When does the important one get here?" He growled.

My captor chose to answer that one. "I followed the plan exactly, so he should be here any moment."

"Well, since this dip-shit here doesn't listen, maybe you will. Ronnie isn't coming tonight, not even tomorrow. So, sit back, boys it will be a long night if you're expecting him." I said right after him.

"Is this true?" Boss man asked.

My captor looked over at me with an uneasy expression. "He might have mentioned that."

He growled in frustration. "Fine, we will just stay here for a little while, no big deal. There's plenty of stuff to raid through and give to the rebellion."

They quickly walked out of the room, and I was left with nothing but the silence and my depressing thoughts. All I wanted was this to end quickly. God, why did they have to drag this on and on. If they wanted to kill me, it would be the same now as it would be later. Hell, if they killed me now, then when they tried to fight Ronnie he would be depressed that he couldn't save me in time.

Hm, what was the last song I listened to? Did I want that to be the last song I ever listened to? Oh, god, I think it was that pyshco human boy, Justin Beaver or some shit. No, not that song! The last tune in my head would be the continuous phrase of Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh! Why can't I die to Metallica or Led Zeppelin? Hell, I would even take Michael Jackson at this point. I don't like pop all that much, but he could rock a beat or too.

There was the sound of the window opening, but I didn't really care who it was. Hell, I even had the nerve to say "If you're a robber, don't bother. I'm already being robbed." I heard the person continue to climb in the window followed by what sounded like another person, but I couldn't be sure.

Quick footsteps rushed towards me. "Why would I want to rob my own house?" I knew that voice! Thank you sweet baby jesus! Ronnie untied my arms, and I wasted no time to throw myself at him.

"You have no idea how thankful I am for your fucking cell phone right now." I mumbled into his shoulder. I refused to let go of my strangle hold on him.

"I'm glad you just know how to use it." He muttered, pulling away from me. I looked over his shoulder to see Billie standing there. I cleared my throat and pulled all the way away from Ronnie, much to my distaste.

"Now, tell us. How many are in the house?"