Under the Giant Oak

Class 'A' Douche Bag

Ronnie didn't lie. He didn't come to his room all night, and when I went downstairs there was a note on the island in the kitchen.

I'll be back in time to drive you to school. Don't leave. was scrawled in messy handwriting that was what I assumed was his. I honestly had no idea when he was supposed to be back, or where anything in the house was.

I rampaged his fridge which had nothing but blood, beer, and meat. Very healthy. I grabbed a bottle of AB blood and went back upstairs to his room. I changed into normal clothes that consisted of a dark t-shirt and dark pants. I already finished my blood and now had nothing to do.

I stared wondering around his room, that had nothing interesting in it at all. His dresser just a clothes in it, and there was nothing under his bed. His closet had nothing in it at all, and his walls were completely bare of anything. The only thing that caught my interest was the picture I saw last night.

I grabbed the picture of the dresser and it was of a young Ronnie, and two other vampires that were obviously his parents. They were right in front of the house all smiling like idiots. Ronnie looked around thirteen years old, and his parents, well you couldn't really tell. They all seemed really happy.

"That was the day we moved into the house." I turned around and Ronnie was leaning against the door with his arms crossed over his bare chest. Tattoos filtered all over his body that swirled around his pale complication. "It was around five years ago." He continued.

He pushed himself off the door and walked over to me. He took the picture from my hands and smiled slightly. It obviously was a fond memory. He sat it back down on top of the dresser and opened some of the drawers and pulling clothes out.

He walked out of the room to change, which I was thankful for. I didn't really want to see him change right now. Sure, he's definitely attractive, but that doesn't mean I want to see him stripping.

He came back in the room not two minutes later, and we walked down stairs to his very impressive black '73 mustang. We didn't make any unnecessary small talk in the car. He knew that I probably wouldn't say anything other than very vague answers.

We pulled up to the school's student parking lot, and Ronnie opened the door for me.

"Look chivalry isn't dead." I said sarcastically.

"Only for you, sugar." He smirked. I mumbled something about him not calling me darling, but he just ignored it.

We walked up the steps to the school, and Ronnie draped his arm across my shoulder. He was obviously showing that I belonged to him to every other person that was watching, and that's what everyone was doing, watching. I didn't like it people were staring and whispering. It was weird. I never got attention before, but I'm sure Ronnie got plenty of attention.

"You okay?" Ronnie asked noticing my unnerved expression.

"Everyone's staring." I mumbled trying to disappear further into background. Ronnie tightened his hold on, and kissed the top of my head.

"Why shouldn't they get a glance at who the most gorgeous fertile in the school belongs to?" He asked, talking into my hair. I felt the heat rise up my neck and to my face. God, I was blushing. I never blush, and here I was blushing like a little school girl.

"Aw, look at you." He said smirking.

"Shut up." I muttered.

"I think you look adorable blushing." He said when we arrived to first period. When the teacher saw us, she smiled slightly, and I think I blushed more. There weren't many people in the class, just a few humans and the teacher.

We sat in our seats in the back, and the teacher came up to Ronnie and handed him a piece of paper. He seemed to know what it was right away and nodded at her in thanks. Vampires don't say "thank you" to humans because that would be like a human saying it to a dog. It just wasn't going to happen.

"What's that?" I asked trying to see the paper.

"A new schedule." He said handing it to me. I looked it over and scrunched my face. It was the same exact schedule as mine. Except for his torture class, but it took place during my health class that only fertiles took.

"They're all of my classes." I said.

"Yeah, I know."

"But, why?" I asked confused.

"Doms like to stay with their fertiles, especially when they are first matched. So, it's expected that all the doms would skip their classes to go with their mate. It's just easier to switch all the schedules to give the teachers a heads up for all the different students in the class."

"I can never get away from you can I?" I muttered.

"Not in this life time." He smirked.

The bell rang signaling that everyone needs to start to get to class, and students started to file in class. Ronnie was right. They're were a couple different faces in class. They probably get kicked out of their original class because of the doms in that class or something. I was perfectly fine with new faces, but there was one face that I was not happy to see at all. George, the school's class A douche bag. And, guess where he sat, Craig's old seat, right in front of me. Why did Craig have to have a mate in a different class?

"Max, so nice to see you're all healed from the other day."

"George, so awful to see that you are still alive."

"You know this douche?" Ronnie asked looking George over. He seemed to think he knew him from the clear confusion on his face, but he didn't seem to figure out where he it was from. I would hope he remembered him. He only was the one that was beating me up the day that Ronnie saved me.

"Unfortunately." I replied.

"Alright class, let's get started with group work. Finish the packet I'm handing out now with a partner. There will be a few groups of three." The teacher said stopping the class from their chit chat.

I automatically turned to Ronnie, and the teacher walked up to us.

"Would you two be dolls and work with George here. He's new in the class, and he isn't as far as our class." She suggested. I physically cringed. I did not enjoy the company of George, and I don't think Ronnie did either just because of my reaction. George just smirked. Didn't the teacher know that vampires don't associate with humans very well?

"What a wonderful idea." George said. The teacher smiled and walked away. I didn't look at him at all. The entire time we were doing the work I would either look at Ronnie or my paper and that was it. Ronnie was glaring at George the entire time, who was just acting innocent. I don't know if Ronnie remembered yet or not, but when he did, I'm sure George wouldn't be walking around on two feet for very long.

The bell rang right after we finished our work, and I jumped out of my seat practically running out the door. Ronnie quickly followed suit. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. I rested my head on his shoulder and took deep breaths.

"It's okay. He won't bother you anymore. I promise." He said kissing my forehead.

"No, he'll bother me more now." I whispered.

"I won't let him."

"He's smart enough to figure out how." I muttered into his shoulder. "Come on we're going to be late to class." I said tugging on our entwined hands to get to my our next class.

The rest of our classes were normal. He had torture right before lunch, and I had fertile health, but I had to promise to wait for him outside of class because it was the fertile thing to do. I wasn't the only one waiting. When he got there, he kissed my temple and started walking to the cafeteria hand and hand. I stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"What?" He asked.

"I don't eat in the cafeteria."

"Why not?"

"Everyone always stares at me funny. I get food thrown at me, and I get beat up every time I go in there." I said.

"Yeah, but you've never had me with you."

"You can go, if you want. I'm not though." I said standing my ground on this topic. He looked at me then sighed.

"Fine. Where do you usually eat then?"

"The roof."

"The roof?" He asked skeptically.

"Yeah, the roof. I always eat there, when I'm not getting beat up of course." Ronnie's eyes flickered with an unknown emotion for a second.

"Well, show me the way." He demanded.

I took him up to the top of the stairs and then to the janitors closet in the corner of building. The door to the staircase that leads outside was in there. It was in genius idea to keep students from going out there, but they never thought a kid would be running away from bullies would come in and find the door.

I ran up the narrow stair way and took in the fresh air after I threw after the door open. The sun was high in the sky which would cause it to be very bright, but clouds cover the sun itself. That's what I loved about this god forsaken town the best. It was never sunny, it rained constantly, and it was never hot.

The view was breath taking from up here depending on where you stood. On one side there was the football field, basketball courts, and tennis courts. If you wanted, you could watch the gym classes. On the other side, my favorite side, you could over look the nearby forest with the mountains hundreds of miles away. I don't know why they were still visible in weather like this, but they were. You could see the green of the trees climb up the side and then stop where the land became to difficult to live on.

The leaves of the trees were red and orange at this time of the year, and it was absolutely beautiful. The colors merged and contrasted in the right places making it seem like it wasn't real. Like I was looking at a picture instead of the scenery in front of me.

"It's beautiful up here." Ronnie said beside me. I nodded and walked over to the side of the building. I constantly though about jumping when I was up here. Don't know why I never did.

Ronnie seemed to know what I was thinking because he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I smiled slightly. At least someone cares about me enough to try and stop me from doing something suicidal.

"Don't even think about it." He murmured into my neck.

"Why not?"

"Because you aren't allowed to think that way anymore."

"And you're allowed to tell me what I'm allowed to think?"

"Yes. I'm you're dom, so I am."

"You technically aren't my dom until you mark me." I said a matter-a-factly.

"And you know that you're going to have to let me mark you according to the law. Which I looked up, by the way, and it says you have six months to get marked."

"But, the deal says after the end of three months you will leave me alone."

"Actually, the deal says you will fall in love with me in three months." He said with a chuckle.

"We'll see, but I doubt it. I will just because ignore you when we get home, and when I'm at work. You did say that I only had to act like your mate at school."

"Yeah, we'll see."

"What does that mean?" I asked turning around in his arms.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out." He said smirking.

"And when do I get to find out?"

"Oh, very soon, my love. Very soon." Now I'm worried.
♠ ♠ ♠
LIndsey told me to tell you thanks for reading, John. You know who you are.