Sequel: Listen to Your Heart
Status: Done! Check out the Sequel!!!!! ;3

"One of the Guys"

This is the end of you and me, everything I use to be.

After leaving Pat’s party it made me realize I’ll never have a chance with John; why bother fight for him? Since then we stopped talking, and I spent less time hanging out with the guys. And I met someone which I guess you can call him my boyfriend. His name is Declan Coyn and he in my eyes is everything I girl could ever dream for; even Kennedy approved of him which is a plus. We met at Starbucks and talked for hours, he ended up asking me on a date; and here we are now. After meeting Declan I finally got my life in track, I was going to start college next week meaning I’ll be leaving Arizona to Chicago; and I haven’t really told anyone besides Kennedy and my parents. Garret was having a party tonight so why not tell them then?

I was in my room packing most of my things into boxes. While Declan sat on my bed watching me.
“Are you just gonna sit there and stare or are you going to lend me a hand?” I asked.

“What? I can’t sit here and admire your beauty?”

“As flattering as that sounds, I’d rather you help. The faster we get everything packed the faster we can head to the party.” I said and threw clothing at him.

“I gotta say I’m kinda nervous to meet your friends.” He said truthfully.

“Babe, there’s nothing to be nervous about. The guys are going to love you; Kenny even likes you
remember and he’s the deal breaker?” I reassured him.

“Yeah I guess you’re right.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek.
--
Declan and I walked hand in hand into Garret’s house earning us a bunch of stares.

“Is that….. BABY BROCK!” Nick yelled from the kitchen.

“Santino, I haven’t seen you in forever!” I dragged out the ‘r’

“I know right? Kennedy’s been holding you hostage. So who’s this handsome man here?”

“Oh yeah, Nick this is my boyfriend Declan, Declan this is Nick lead singer or A Rocket to the Moon.” I introduced.

“Nice to meet you man.” Declan said gripping my hand harder.

“Likewise bro, let’s get you two some drinks.” We followed him to the kitchen, where the rest of the guys were
.
“Hey guys.” I said.

“Annie! We haven’t seen you in sooooo long I missed you!” Pat whined.

“I missed you too Patty cake!”

“Uh Annie, who’s the dude?” Garret asked.

“That’s Annie’s new boy toy.” Nick chirped.

“Nick shut up, this is Declan.” I slapped Nick’s head and he screeched.

“Wow, who knew Annie was capable of getting a boyfriend; no offense.” Jared said.

I shot him a glare, “None taken.”

“Wait a sec; does Kennedy know about you two?” Jared questioned.

“Does Kennedy know about what?” My brother asked as he walked into the kitchen, following behind was John and Raquel.

“Jared was wondering if you knew about Declan and I.” I filled him in and John’s eye shot towards me and Declan.

“Psh duh I know, and I approve of this kid.”

“Whoa, you must be something if he’s letting you date his baby sister.” Pat said everyone nodded in agreement.

“Yeah he sure is something.” I gave him a wink and kiss.

“Ewe, PDA much!?!!” Pat squealed.

“Oh shut up Pat, it’s now like you Kels don’t kiss in public anyways.” I retorted.

Pat and Kels started dating after meeting thanks to little me same with Rachel and Garret, I was damn good at playing match maker.

I noticed John and Raquel had left the kitchen during out conversation about Declan.

“So, are you going to tell them yet?” Declan asked and took a sip a beer.

“Uh yeah I was meaning to.”

“Tell us what huh?” Halvo raised an eye brow.

“I-I don’t know how to say this but, I got accepted to University of Chicago and I’m leaving next
week.” Everyone stood there dumbfounded.

“Oh shit, congrats Brock!” Tim finally broke the silence.

“Thanks Tim.”

“What the hell, you can’t leave! Why the fuck didn’t you tell us sooner!?! You leave in a week!” Garret said aggravatingly.

“I-I’m sorry, I just didn’t know how to tell you guys; I really am sorry.” I pleaded.

“Wow, real cool Annie.” Garret said and stormed out with Rachel running after him.

“Don’t worry; he’ll get over it sooner or later.” Jared said and patted my shoulder.

“Yeah, I hope so.”

After the incident with Garret everyone congratulated me and headed to the living room to get the party started. I hung out with Declan the whole time not wanted him to feel left out, Garret still wasn’t talking to me.

Halvo noticed how bored we looked so he offered us a game of beer pong.

“Come on Annie one game please?” Halvo insisted.

“No you and Declan can play; I’m going to go outside for some fresh air.”

“Are you sure babe, I can come with you if you want.” Declan said.

“No it’s fine; go kick some ass.” I kissed his cheek and headed to the yard.

I sat there on the swing looking up into the beautiful night sky; all it did was remind me of John.

“Hey Annie, could be talk?” I snapped out my gaze and saw Garret.

“Uh, yeah sure”

“I just wanted to say sorry about blowing up on you like that and storming off. You’re my best friend
and I don’t want to lose you. Do you forgive me?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry also. I should have told you sooner; I was too scared.”

“Ugh, I’m going to miss you so much. You better call and visit us!” He gave me a long hug.

“Sure thing“

We sat there a while with him holding me in his arms while watching the night sky, I’m really gonna miss this.

“Hey wanna go back im it’s getting kinda cold.”

“No I’m going to stay here for a while.” He grabbed his bear and headed inside.

Moments later John and Raquel came tumbling towards me.

“Well looky here, shouldn’t you be with your boyfriend right now?” He slurred.

“What do you want John?” I spat.

“Nothing, I was just wondering why you aren’t with whatever his name is. Man was I surprised hearing you got yourself a boyfriend. Too bad that won’t last long; we all know how much of whore you can be.”

“What the hell John? What’s that supposed to mean!?!” I asked furiously.

“You heard me, face it you’re a whore” He repeated. I stood there with my mouth wide open speechless as ever.

“And who are you too judge, you’re with her aren’t you?” I spat in his face.

“Don’t be so damn immature Annie.”

“I’m immature!?!?! I said stepping closer to his face. “You’re the one who came over here and called me a whore, I’m not the one who is being immature.”

“Yeah sure whatever, we all know you’re a slut. I don’t blame Isaiah for cheating on you; he did so much better hooking up with Natalie. You don’t deserve a guy like him; man was I stupid for falling for you. Everything I said at the park was a lie; I don’t like you for you. All I wanted to do was to get you in my bed.”

Was he for reals right now? “Are you fucking kidding me right now John? You don’t fucking know me at all! Do not bring up Isaiah, that’s between him and me! And I wouldn’t be talking if I were you; you’re dating a whore yourself.” I screamed with tears streaming down my face.

“Bitch, I am not a whore! And don’t you dare talk to my boyfriend like that!” She slapped me across the face.

I stood there shocked, did she just really slap me. She is so lucky I didn’t start swinging at her; instead I took off running into the house to find Declan.

I found him in the living room talking to Tim. He saw me and started to run towards me.

“Oh my god, what’s wrong baby?” He asked holding me in his arms.

“I-I don’t want to talk a-about it, can we go home?” I dug my face into his chest.

“Yeah of course we can.” He said and we made our way through the crowd to his car.

The whole car ride home was silent, he insisted me on telling him what had happened but I couldn’t. When we got home I ran straight to my bedroom kicking off my heels and buried myself into the bed with Declan following behind.

“Babe, please tell me what happened; you’re worrying me.” He begged for an answer.

I gave in, telling him exactly what happened after I left to the backyard for a breather.

“You’ve got to be shitting me! He did not say those things to you!?!” He practically screamed.

“Yeah, and his bitch of a girlfriend decided to defend him and slapped me in the face; that when I ran back to find you.” I said against his chest.

“I’m so so so sorry that happened tonight, I wish I was there to protect you. I could have taught him a lesson or two about how to talk to a woman.” He said in a serious tone.

I let a giggle escape from my mouth.

“Let’s stop talking about this please? I just want to forget about all this”

“Okay, next time anything like this happens you come straight to me and I’ll take care of it, deal?”

“Deal and you’re perfect you know that? You’re the best boyfriend in the whole entire world.”

He laughed, “Yeah I know, just go to sleep baby; it’s been a long night.” I pulled him closer to me and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

“Night Annie”

“Good night Declan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Declan: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=42970434

Annie: http://www.polyvore.com/annie/set?id=42965670

Well John was douche bag. How are you guy liking Declan so far? Update coming soon. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE! :P Longest chapter so far; yeepppp!!!! =D

-Andrea<3