Coming Home to You

Horizontal Tango

Waking up the next morning, I feel surreal. As if last night was just a dream. But, as my gaze meets the sleeping face of Brian, I can’t help but smile, realizing that the events of last night actually happened. I lightly stroke his cheek before kissing his nose. He swats at me subconsciously, wrinkling his nose. I chuckle, his child-like cuteness entertaining me.

Swiftly pulling back the comforter of the bed, I slowly climb out of bed, but not before catching a quick glimpse of Brian’s tan, exposed skin. A shudder runs through my body and I groan, covering him quickly and turning away. The last thing I need right now is a fucking boner. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t really mind it all that much, but I doubt Brian would appreciate practically being raped in his sleep. I shake my head before walking into the bathroom. I blast the shower to the coolest temperature possible, hoping to calm my raging hormones. It doesn’t help much due to the memories of last night pouring into my head. The way his back arched, those pleasured, yet slightly pained moans slipping through his lips. Damn…he looked so fucking beautiful lying under me.

It was fucking amazing.

After taking care of my problem, I pull on a pair of boxers, and trudge downstairs. I flick the light on, and startle when I see Jimmy sitting in the kitchen, sipping a cup of coffee. Damn, now everyone is waking up before me? I’m in the fucking Twilight Zone.

“Hey, Mattie. Rough night?” Jimmy smirks, and the blood rushes to my cheeks, tinting my cheeks a bright pink.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” I lie.

Jimmy chuckles. “You know exactly what I’m talking about. Matter of fact, everyone knows what I’m talking about. There wasn’t anything quiet about you and Brian in the midst of the horizontal tango.”

“The horizontal tango?”

“Yes, Mattie. As in the ‘birds and the bees’.” I roll my eyes, laughing, and Jimmy chuckles.

“How about we just not talk about it?” I suggest.

Jimmy laughs. “You two were so fuckin’ loud, Johnny and I thought we were never gonna get some sleep. We thought the wall was going to crash down on us, the headboard was banging so hard.”

Okay Jim, I get the point.”

“Who topped? I’m just curious. It was Brian, wasn’t it? It had to be. I can’t see you dominating with your rollercoaster of emotions. One minute you’d be rough, the next crying because he says you’re hurting him.”

“Haha, very funny. I topped.”

Jimmy’s blue eyes widen. “You did?”

A pair of tattooed arms wrap around my waist, Brian settling his chin on my shoulder. “He did,” Brian mumbles with a bit of sleep in his voice. “Morning,” he kisses my cheek.

“Morning babe,” I lean in for another.

Brian smiles, pulling away to grab himself a cup of coffee. Jimmy won’t stop staring at me. “Holy shit.”

“Eat your heart out, Jimbo,” I wink, earning an eye roll. Brian chuckles before downing his coffee.

“Looks can be deceiving,” I add, wrapping my arms around Brian.

Jimmy shakes his head, stunned by the turn-around of my sexual relationship with Brian before booking it upstairs. Brian swiftly turns in my arms and pecks my lips as my grip on him tightens. It feels so good to hold him like this again. It feels right.

“I missed you so much, Bri,” I whisper against his lips.

“I know, and I missed you too. I’m so sorry for hurting you. You know I love you, right?”

I simply nod, passionately attaching my lips to his once more. A slight moan escapes his lips as I lift him up onto the kitchen counter. He whimpers when I lightly lick the pulse point of his neck, and growls when I bite down.

“Baby, we can’t do this right now.”

I smirk, loving my ability to reduce him to a pile of goo. “Why not? You know you want to.”

Brian sighs softly. “I know, but we can’t. I have to exercise the horses with Jimmy and Johnny, and you have to clean out the stalls.”

“Mmm, your mind says one thing, but your body says another,” I whisper into his ear, gently nibbling on his ear lobe. A shudder runs through his body as he wraps his legs around my waist, his arms wrapping around my neck. Brian groans, giving in completely, before linking our lips together in a deep kiss.

I chuckle into the kiss, gently pulling away, earning a whimper.

“We have work to do, but don’t worry. After the day is over, it’s all about you tonight, baby.” Brian blushes before lacing one of his hands with my own, pulling me towards the stairs.

“You know…we still have to take a shower.”

I chuckle, because I've already taken my shower. But, I go along with it anyway. “Implying something, babe?”

Brian shrugs, biting his lip and looking at me through his eyelashes with those beautiful, chocolate brown eyes. Fuck him, and his powers of adorableness. “Fine, let’s go take a shower.” A light squeal slips through his lips as I chase him upstairs.

-------------------------------


“Seriously? You two are back together for less than twenty-four hours and you’ve nearly destroyed the house twice. Come on now. No one can have that high of a sex drive,” Jimmy comments as Brian and I meet them at the barn. I chuckle while Brian blushes, rolling his eyes.

“You try holding out on sex for seven years. And for your information, we didn't have sex, we just fooled around a bit,” I retort. Jimmy holds up his hands in surrender before guiding Maverick out of his stall. Johnny guides his horse, Chestnut, while Brian guides Epona and Harper. I smile before grabbing the rake from the side of the barn, and everyone goes their separate ways.

I’m raking out the old hay from the stalls by myself, as well as restocking them with a new bale of hay, since Brian is working with Harper and Epona, rehabilitating them, while Jimmy and Johnny are exercising the other horses in the pasture. I go through each stall, making sure to remove every piece of unnecessary hay. I’m almost finished raking out one of the last stalls when I feel the presence of someone behind me. Instantly, I smile, thinking it’s Brian.

When I turn around, I stagger back awkwardly, my grip on the rake tightening. It’s Joe.

“What’s up?” I ask curiously.

Joe shrugs. “Need some help?”

“No, I’m okay. I’m almost done with the raking. Umm, why?”

“I heard through the grapevine that the new guy, Brian, is more than just a little ranch hand.”

I can feel my stomach twist violently, a bit of bile rising in my throat. I hold back, quickly resuming my work so that Joe doesn’t notice my sudden change in attitude.

“What do you mean?”

“Jimmy said it himself, the whole house could hear it.”

I breathe a huge sigh of relief, thankful that he doesn’t know more than I think. “We…had a past. Together.”

“Rekindling old flames I see.” Joe watches me carefully, as I do him.

I roll my eyes. “I don’t see how it’s anyone’s business, really,” I finalize.

Joe just shrugs. I swear that’s the only body language he knows.

“I don’t know. I’d just be careful if I were you. I don’t want you messing with the wrong crowd or get into trouble you don’t want yourself into. It wouldn’t be smart.”

I chuckle humorlessly. “Really? And why does it matter to you?”

“Watch that tone of yours, Sanders. I’m sure your little Brian wouldn’t want that pretty face of yours to be rearranged.” I freeze, my body tensing up, and my jaw clenching.

“Just think about it, Mattie,” Joe sneers, giving me a look that I read as ‘back off, or else’. I watch him carefully as he leaves the barn, my body instantly relaxing as he disappears around the corner. Maybe I should go tell Brian that things are getting worse. They’re feeling the pressure, and their guard is up, especially after the visit from the Humane Society. I’m afraid that they know more than they’re letting on.

Shuddering, I finish cleaning out the stalls before placing a new bale of hay into each. Nearly an hour later, Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian return to the barn with the horses, placing them in their stalls.

“Epona ate a bit more today. She was pretty excited to be around Harper again,” Brian updates after kissing my cheek. I smile towards Epona, and I swear she winks at me. She knows that Brian and I are on good terms now. I don’t know how she knows, but she does. She’s always been able to sense our emotions the best.

“So, how about pizza for lunch?” Johnny offers, and my mouth begins to water, because Johnny makes the best pizza in town.

“Hell yes!” Jimmy squeals, tossing Johnny over his shoulder, slapping his ass. He takes off towards the house, pumping those lanky legs of his.

“Meet you guys in the kitchen!” Johnny calls out. Brian laughs, and I chuckle. I don’t know what I’m gonna do with those two.

“Come on, let’s go,” Brian laces a hand with my own. I smirk, because I have other plans on my mind besides eating pizza. Pulling his body close to mine, I chuckle at the confused look on his face before pressing my lips to his.

“Remember our first time?” I whisper against his lips, causing Brian to bite his lip.

“Y-Yes, I d-do. Every detail,” he mumbles, gripping the front of my shirt into his fists. I turn us around away from the door before walking backwards, guiding us towards a heaping pile of hay.

Gently, I lay him down before trapping his body under my own. I nibble his earlobe, earning a slight moan. “Remember lying in this very spot?”

“Mmm, yeah. I also remember being repeatedly poked in the ass by hay,” Brian chuckles, and I roll my eyes.

“I’m trying to be all seductive and romantic, you asshole,” I pout. Brian pouts also, mocking me before pecking me on my lips.

“I’m sorry, babe.”

Brian lightly brushes his fingers along the waistline of my jeans, slipping his hand lower until it’s just hovering over my crotch. He begins tracing patterns over my clothed erection, and a hiss escapes my lips.

“Forgive me?” He questions, and I bite my lip, nodding. A smirk captures his features, and I slam my lips against his in a heated kiss, shoving my tongue into his mouth, roaming the warm, moist cavern. I pull away gently, running my hands through his hair.

“Let’s finish what we started this morning.”

Brian moans, literally ripping my shirt off my body.

Oh fuck yeah, it’s on.