The Only Exception

Morning After

It felt like years passed as they stared at one another. No words were said. You could feel the tension in the air. It was like time had stopped. She moved off quickly.

Summer sighed as she sat on the back porch. She had detoured outside quickly, not knowing what to say when it was obvious that he remembered as clearly as she did. She hadn't heard a vehicle start, so he was clearly still there. She closed her eyes and leaned against the railing. She should've just gone home with her sister in law or Leanne. If she had the previous night would not have happened.

When she heard a car door, it was only a few moments later when the glass doors slide open.

"Your sister in law and Leanne are here." She turned to look at him and swallowed what little saliva was left in her mouth. She had no idea what to say to them. She didn’t even know what to say to James. Everything that was happening now, was probably her punishment. She could hear them pounding on the front door. Moving from where she was sitting wasn’t something that she wanted to do. She wanted to sit right there and pretend that it hadn’t happened. Just like she had pretended the last two and a half months hadn’t happened. They had happened though and that was the problem. Just like last night had happened. On a sigh she stood and turned to the sliding glass doors where he was still standing and nodded.

“I’m going. I’m going. You might as well make yourself at home and make coffee, we’re going to need it. Find me the Tylenol. My head is killing me. I’m betting yours is too.” With that she moved to the front door. “Stop before you put a hole in my door and I have to hit you.” She yelled as another fist slammed on the locked door. Taking a deep breath and blowing it out she turned the lock on the door and undid the dead bolt. The minute she did, the door burst open and Leanne and Jesika stood there with matching glares on their faces.

“We really didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. However, you never called.” Leanne said while, Jes spoke at the same time;

“Why in the Hell is James’ car outside?”

“Can the two of you come in or are you going to let the whole street know my personal business?” Summer asked wincing as the sunlight hit her eyes.

“Then get the hell out of the way.” Leanne muttered.

“There better be coffee.” Jesika demanded as shoved in. She was that pissed. She could still be curled up in Matt’s arm. More than likely she could be more than curled up in his arms.

“Maybe?” Summer muttered and followed the two inside. She stopped at the entrance to the kitchen, because the two of them were standing there staring at James pouring coffee, in his bare feet. She glanced at him briefly and from that brief glance could tell that he had a rather firm grip on the handle of the coffee pot. She just hoped he didn’t break it.

“Tylenol is on the table, next to a mug of coffee. Got anything to eat for breakfast? I’ll cook.”

“I will change my question.” Jes said immediately. “Why in the fucking hell is James in your kitchen pouring coffee, asking if you have anything to cook for breakfast?” She looked at Summer curiously now.

“I would think that would be obvious.” Leanne told her friend. “Your sister in law did not sleep alone last night. Which would be why, neither of us got a phone call letting us know that she had gotten home safely. Which brings a new question to light. Just how much more did you drink after we left, because this…” Lea gestured to James, “…is not something you would let happen unless you were so smashed you really didn’t give a flying fuck what you were doing.”

“Does it matter how much more I drank last night? I’m moving around like a human being this morning and don’t really need to deal with any of this bullshit. I should be getting a shower and calling to find out who the Hell has my daughter and getting her.”

“Apparently last night made her realize that she needs to wake up and keep living. That she has someone that needs her. Maybe what happened last night was a good thing. However, lets not tell your brother about that part. He might try to kick James’ ass.”

“It’s not on hundred percent my fault!” James growled. He stood at the stove frying bacon, which Summer had gotten out of the fridge along with eggs and bread, wondering just where in the hell it had come from.

“It’s fifty percent his fault. I’m the other half to blame. We may have both been smashed, but the end result is still fifty fifty.” Leanne told the girls agreeing with James. Leanne just shook her head. In her head however she was wondering what in the hell was going to happen now.

“Whatever. Get your shit together. Your mom and dad have Sascha. I’m going home now. You get to tell Matt about this, because you know damned well he is going to find out one way or another. Through the grapevine. Because you know someone saw the two of you out last night and is bound to tell him.”

“Whatever. Get out of my house. I’ll deal with my brother. I don’t need protection from him. I’m his baby sister, he won’t hurt me.”

“He may kill me though.” James said as the two women walked from the kitchen. The two of them jumped however when the front door slammed shut a moment later. “Yeah, not happening. He can kiss my ass. I can deal with him. Don’t worry about it. I’m going to get my daughter. Will that be ready when I get back?”

“If you want me to stay and finish it, sure it’ll be ready. I’ll figure out something better to make. Using the already fried bacon.”

“Thanks.” And with that Summer was out of the room in a heartbeat, leaving James to shake his head and turn back to the food that he was preparing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovez &Hugz&DeathBatKisses
xSweet.Afterlifex


Post Song:
Just Another Psycho - Motley Crue