The Only Exception

Juliette

Matt looked at the other guys as they stood in the hospital parking lot. They were leaving for the night and they all had to be up the next morning for a meeting. The girls were staying behind for a few more hours and Leanne would drive them all home before going home herself. Hopefully by not tomorrow but the next day, Jes would be out of the hospital. Leila too, seeing as she was so healthy. Matt couldn’t believe that he was a father. Brian looked at him.

“Still can’t believe it can you?”

“No” But the smile on Matt’s face showed them all how happy Matt was about being a father.

“She’s beautiful and has the best of both of you in looks. At least that’s what Jordan said.” Matt raised an eyebrow at Zack.

“She did.” Johnny said. “You were out in the hall.” Brian shook his head.

“Guys, about Lea. She’s really upset by all of this. I’ll never forget the look in her eyes as she looked at me. When she told me. She wants to know. But she doesn’t. I know this is going to kill her, but I want to do whatever I can. She…”

“Means the world to you and you’ll do whatever you have to, to see that she’s fine. In every sense?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah. I love her and I don’t want to see her hurt.”

“Well, then we’ll make sure she understands, that no matter what, we’re her family. The only people that she needs to worry about loving her.” Jimmy said.

“You know, ever since you found out you were going to be a father, you mellowed out a little, and actually make more damn sense than you normally do.” Zack said. Jimmy just grinned.

“Okay, anyways, what do you want us to do Brian?” Matt asked as he pulled his keys from his pocket. “They were all there for him, only yesterday during the hardest part of his life, when he thought there was a chance he’d loose not only his wife, but the child he had had a part in creating.

“Whatever happens, just be there. She’ll need more than just me and this little guy.” Brian said motioning to his son who was asleep.

“You’ve got it.” Jimmy said. And on that note they parted ways.

----

It was almost one in the morning when Jordan and Sam walked from the hospital room. They had both stayed until Jesika had fallen asleep. Jordan was just happy that Johnny understood that even though they had just literally gotten married, she needed to be there for her best friend. The woman who was like a sister to her. Was a sister to her, in every sense of the word, but just not by blood. She had gotten Evan to let her borrow one of his trucks, since he and Audrey had come separately.

“Jordan?” Jordan turned upon hearing her name and found herself staring at a pretty leggy blonde. One that she hadn’t seen in god only knew how long. Since she was fifteen or so.’

“Juliette?” Jordan asked completely unsure of herself.

“Hey Juliette.” Sam said and the blonde focused on her a moment.

“Samantha?”

“God, you act like you’ve just seen a couple of ghosts. What do you want bitch?” Jordan asked. Sam turned to her.

“Wow, how do you know Juliette Hart?”

“Hart? When the hell did you change your last name Gentry?”

“When I got married, how the hell do you know Samantha?”

“She’s my friend. What are you doing here bitch?”

“Whoa, hold on now, how do the two of you know one another?” Sam asked looking between Jordan and Juliette.

“It doesn’t matter how I know her. What matter’s is if she doesn’t go the fuck away Johnny’s going to be very pissed off when I end up in prison for murder.” Jordan turned only for Juliette to shake her head and speak.

“Finally found a man that can deal with your background Jordan? I mean honestly, you hit Juvie at what thirteen?” Jordan spun around and Sam grabbed her when she made to attack the blonde.

“Stop it! Johnny’s going to be really pissed if you endanger the baby!” Sam said. “C’mon, lets go. And you can be damned sure that I’m going to let James know the way your acting. I always told him you were no good.”

“No good, she’s down right dangerous! She got Jes in a lot of trouble in High School! She got me expelled, all because she was fucking the Dean and told him that we were selling drugs!” Sam blinked and really looked at Jordan for a moment.

“Please, unlike Jesika, I don’t spread my legs for every man I date.”

“You’re such a fucking liar Juliette, and you always have been. I hope you burn in hell.”

“C’mon, I’m not taking you home, we’re going to see what Brady, Evan, and unfortunately Jake have to say about all of this shit.” Sam said.

“Careful Sam, she’ll fuck your boyfriend, and he’ll leave you for her, so keep whoever you’re dating away from her.” Juliette called as she sashayed off. Sam narrowed her eyes.

“Zack, loves me and would never sleep with anyone other than me while we’re together. And he definitely wouldn’t sleep with the wife of one of his closest friends.” Sam yelled and the blonde turned and stared at her as Sam shoved Jordan into the passenger seat and got behind the wheel.

“Zack left you!”

“Zack married me!” Sam shouted and gunned the engine and had the satisfaction of seeing the blonde turn tail and run when she thought that Sam would actually run her over. Once she was out on the street she sighed and pulled out her cell phone. She thought a moment and then dialed a number.

“Hello?”

“It’s two in the morning James, do you know where your wife is?” Sam asked.

“At her mothers, Sam?” he asked groggily.

“Really, the stupid bitch is at the hospital. And so help me god, she comes anywhere near Me, Jordan, or Jesika, I’m going to do more than make her think I’m going to run her over.” And with that Sam hung up the phone to leave the man wondering why his wife was at the hospital at two in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovez && Hugz && DeathBatKisses
xSweet.Afterlifex

Post Song:
Draggin' The River - Miranda Lambert && Blake Shelton