Status: feedback & I'll give more. ;)

When You Can't Sleep At Night

Two.

"Macin.. Macin? Um, hello?!"

"What?" I asked quietly, finally snapping out of my trance.

"Your phone's been vibrating nonstop for the past ten minutes. I can feel it on the other side of this cubicle," Annabel, a cheeky redhead told me in her nicest voice possible. I watched her eyes wander to my iPhone as it lit up and started vibrating again.

It was Shayley. He had called five times and texted ten times. Mostly he was freaking out about me not answering my phone.

Shayley: Would you call me back damnit.

I looked to Annabel and gave her a small smile. She took the hint and walked back to her cubicle. I picked up my phone and dialed Shay's number.

"Took you long enough."

"Um, hi to you too."

"I kinda have something important to pass along to you, but I'll stall now. How are you on this lovely Wednesday afternoon?"

I could practically see the smirk on his face.

"Could be better if I saw your beautiful face. I miss you. Where are you?" I picked at my hot pink nail polish.

"Right outside of Orlando. This tour's almost over and I'll be right back at your house. I promise. I miss you and the little egg in the oven."

I giggled and put my free hand on top of my tiny belly. "I only told you two weeks ago. You can't miss what you didn't know was there."

"I'm Shayley fuckin' Bourget. I'll do what I want!"

I heard Alan and Valentino yell "boo!" in the background.

"Am I on speaker Shayley Dayshell?"

"No Macin Marie, you're not."

Next I heard Austin whisper "what?" to Shayley. My heart dropped, as well as my stomach.

I got sick for the second time today in the little trash can at the end of my desk. When I was done, Annabel came back to throw the bag away and bring me a bottle of water. I thanked her then put my phone back to my ear.

"Sorry Shay. Morning sickness has been a bit extended recently."

"It's okay sweetheart. I'll take care of you soon."

"I can't wait. I miss my best friend. I'll be so much happier when you're home." I pouted my lower lip.

"Just a week and a half.. Oh, what I wanted to tell you.. Austin feels like he needs to discuss things with you and he wants you to answer your phone."

I sat quietly for awhile, trying to sort through the barrage of thoughts now swarming my mind.

"I don't get it. He left, and now he wants to talk?" I sighed.

"I know, Macin. But you are carrying his child. At least find out what he has to say. Please? I hate being in the middle of you two."

"It's his fault."

Shayley sighed. "Again, I know. I told him that already. Just stop being stubborn, okay? Facetime him tonight. He'll make the call after the show."

"Fine," I agreed.

"Thank you. I've gotta go now. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too."

Shayley ended the call and I went back to my pointless and meaningless work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. It'll pick up next chapter, I promise.