I Can Keep A Secret

Twelve

"Alex, we've been monitoring you. Turns out you were doing fine until last night." The men stepped inside and Jack backed up, protecting me I guess.

"That was one time."

"You've only been staying here for a little while."

"It doesn't matter! I don't have a problem I can stop when ever I want to!" I screamed. They weren't going to take me away for something so stupid.

"That's not for you to decide," They inched closer to me.

"Jack," My voice cracked as I stepped closer to Jack and grabbed him arm.

"You...you're not taking him, are you?" Jack said nervously.

"I'm afraid we have no choice but to if the environment he's in is unsafe."

"I'm fucking safe! Jack protected me more than anyone ever has and I can't leave him because I'm going to just go back to nothing all over again! Don't you get it? He was fixing me! I was doing fine so just leave us alone!"

"Yeah yeah, kid. We'll come back for your things. Let's go please, don't make us do it the hard way."

"Are you kidding? No, I'm not going!"

"Alex..." I looked up at Jack as our eyes locked. He grabbed my hands and sighed.

"Jack? What are you doing?"

"Look, Alex... they aren't going to just leave. So, go with them. And I'll get you out of this, I promise you! You'll be back here in a few days. I promise, Lex."

"But... Jack..."

One of the guys grabbed my arm and began pulling me away. I couldn't look away from Jack. My vision blurred as the tears just fell from my face, and before I knew it, I was in the back seat of their van, on my way to the place I hated more than anything
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my god this is so short. i suck so much. but i just really wanted to get this up because you guys and your comments are amazing. so next time i'm making a chapter a million pages long okay? but i would still like some feedback.
what do you think is gonna happen to alex? is jack gonna keep his promise?