I Can Keep A Secret

Fourteen

It's been a few weeks since they put me in here. Since they took me away from Jack. Four weeks, to be exact. With not one phone call, not one letter, nothing from Jack.

I was laying on my bed in my tiny room. Well, I don't like to call it mine, because it's not. I'm leaving soon. Jack is gonna come and get me.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be getting ready for a meeting with the guy I talked to that put me in here in the first place. The one that's friends with my father. They told me his name but I couldn't care less, I hated him for taking me away. And my father. He never cared and he just decides it's okay to ruin my life by putting me in here.

The nurse Amber opened the door, "Alexander, you ready?"

"Yeah, thanks." She turned to leave but before she could I added: "By the way, you can call me Alex."

She smirked and I smiled back at her. "Okay, Alex."

--

I walked down to the office, not bothering to knock, I just walked in and sat down in the chair facing the desk.

"You wanted to see me, Alex?"

"Yeah. I want to get out of here already."

"Well you and I both know that that cannot happen until you turn 18."

"But if I live with Jack-"

"Alex. I've talked to Jack..."

"You did?"

"He told me that this was for the best for you. He said he wasn't good enough to take care of you anyway. He also wants you to forget about him, and the best way you can do that is by not talking at all, ever again."

"He... no, Jack wouldn't say those things." I shook my head.

"He called me and talked to me. He doesn't want you to come back after you're through here either."

"But why?" He had to be lying.

"No more questions Alex. Jack never cared about you, now he's letting you go and you have to do the same."

"You're lying to me. Why are you fucking lying to me!?" I stood up quickly, pushing the chair backwards in the process.

"This is the truth, now calm down!"

"No! Jack cares about me. He'll be back here, you'll see."

Just then two security guards burst through the door and each grabbed one side of me. I struggled a bit but then gave up because it was no use. The 'boss' guy came over and stood really close to me. I couldn't do anything because my arms were being held behind my back.

"I run this place, you play by my rules. I can do anything I want and get away with it, so watch out, kid." I thought he was going to walk away then, but instead he turned and punched me right in the stomach. I immediately fell to my knees in pain, gasping for air. I heard footsteps so I assumed he left. But I guess the guards weren't done with me.

"Get up kid," Was all I heard before being pulled up and then thrown into the wall. One of them turned me around and held my hands behind my back, while the other began punching me. The first punch went right across the left side of my face. I hung my head as the pain began to rise. He then punched me in the stomach, then in the face again but on my right side. "Kid's a faggot."

The next thing I can remember is being thrown into my room, landing on the bed. I sat up crying, with the taste of blood in my mouth. I would do just about anything for Jack to be by my side.

--

The nurse didn't wake me up the next morning like they usually do. Not like I slept at all last night. My door was completely locked so there was no leaving this room. Another part of the punishment, I guess.

I didn't believe a word the boss said to me before about Jack. I just didn't know why he hasn't shown up here yet though.

--
A few hours went by, maybe even a full day. I couldn't tell because I had no way of telling time. There's not even a window in the tiny room I was staying in. One thing I did know for sure though, was that I haven't eaten in a long time, and I was starving. Just as I thought this, I noticed something that looked like it was pushed underneath the door. It was a sandwich in a plastic bag, all mushed together with a small sticky note on the side of the bag. 'To: Alex; From: Amber'.

I wonder if Amber was willing to give me some information as well...
♠ ♠ ♠
oh boy guys. i don't even know what to say!
so, what do you think alex wants with amber?
i have a lot of people to mention because you guys are all amazing
sammiturnmeon: "Look at you updating twice like that." hahaha, you know me too well...even though you don't really know me? xD
coolstoryBrosif: i enjoyed your keyboard smash okay it makes me happy that this story gives you those feelings haha
sabrinasucks: it might happen... eventually...
f0reverbr0ken:that's probably the best comment ever. i lol'ed
catribecome: you do not sound creepy at all haha
DesGaskarth: i hope i don't make you cry! lol D:
that's all for now! guys, when i dont update- yell at me! if you want me to post my tumblr or twitter or facebook or idontevenknow i will okay?