I Can Keep A Secret

Fifteen.

The next week went by slowly, since I was stuck in the room all day and all night. Amber would be the only one I made contact with, for like 2 seconds to say "thank you" for giving me food. Besides that, I slept. Not very well because all my dreams were of Jack. More like nightmares.

Jack forgot about me. There's no way I could be in here for a full month and he hasn't found a way to contact me yet. Jack isn't who I thought he was I guess, yet I can't forget him. He broke his promise to me. He never cared about me.

I heard the door unlock so I sat up in bed, not caring about how much my hair was sticking up. It needed to be cut badly anyway.

Amber came in with lunch for me.

"Hey," She smiled.

"Hey... can I talk to you? Can you close the door?"

"I..." She looked to the door, nervously.

"I'm not gonna do anything, just wanna ask you something. If that's okay."

"Alright," She closed the door.

"If I had a visitor, I would be notified, right?"

"Right."

"But I haven't had any..."

"No sir."

I felt like an idiot for ever having feelings for Jack. He didn't mean any part of it.

"Alright. Thanks." I bit my lip and looked down, feeling a bit embarassed.

Just as she was about to leave, I saw her look back from the corner of my eye.

"Actually, Alex..." She licked her lips as she stared at the floor. "There is someone... he's been trying to contact you for a while. The first day you got here, he refused to leave. Security had to kick him out, and he comes back almost every day. I'm not supposed to tell you Alex, so you need to keep it a secret."

"He's been here?! Why am I not allowed to see him?!" I didn't want to talk to loud just in case someone could hear us.

"It was orders from the boss. We just do what he says. I'm sorry Alex."

"Amber, is there any way possible that I can talk to him? Anything at all?"

"I... I guess I can give him a note."

"I-okay, a note works. I'll have it for you in a few, if that's okay." She nodded. "Thank you so much."

--

A note. Okay, I can write a note.

What am I gonna say?

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling, re-reading the little bit of the letter I wrote.

Jack,
You have to find a way to get me out of here. The owner knows my father somehow and is keeping me here until they say I can leave. I miss you.

I miss you.

I stared at those three words. Eventually, my eyes began to close and I drifted off to sleep.

--

"Alex?"

Ow, my head. Guess I didn't get much sleep last night, I went to bed at about 5 and it was probably really early now. They wake me up early a lot here.

I got out of bed and made my way to the door.

"Who's there?" My voice was low and raspy, and I was pretty sure my hair was sticking up in every possible direction.

I opened the door a little and before I could even see who it was, they pushed passed me and ran inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
who could it be?! lol, yeah sorry i'm lame and had to leave it off like that
sammiturnmeon: they're beating him up because no one can really do anything about it since he's the boss so D: and okay- I followed you on tumblr! i'm fadingfrommymemory.tumblr.com
catribecome: well thanks for the comment :D
f0reverbr0ken: i guess you liked this chapter from your last comment haha
layero69: oh my god you're my favorite person ever i laughed so hard at your comment you're amazing okay thank you