I Can Keep A Secret

Seventeen.

Jack is the cutest thing ever when he's asleep. We weren't even laying down, he just fell asleep with his head on my shoulder as we were sitting up on the bed. I didn't mind though, it felt great to have him here next to me. I didn't even care that I was stuck in this horrible place, Jack made me forget about all of that. Which is why he couldn't leave.

We're going to sneak out. I planned it all out in my mind while Jack slept. When Amber comes in to bring me food in the morning, i'm going to ask her to help us. Make sure the security cameras are facing the other way as we run out, and make sure the guards are no where in sight. They usually aren't around a lot in the morning.

Then, hopefully Jack left his car somewhere. Not in the parking lot because I know he's not stupid. But if not, we'll find our way back eventually. If it takes a long time we'll have to be careful because they are gonna come looking for me.

Yeah. Great plan. This could work.

--
I must've fallen asleep too. I was woken up by a noise, but I'm not too sure what it was. Jack was still fast asleep on my shoulder.

Suddenly, the door swung open and Amber's face went from a smile to a frown when she saw Jack with me. I elbowed Jack a few times to wake him up, and it worked.

"Amber, wait don't go!" She paused. "You can't say anything. Please. I'm begging you to help us."

"Alex, I can't..."

"No, you can. Please. You're our last hope. You know that what they do here isn't right! I need Jack with me, and more importantly, we need to leave." I stood up from the bed, letting her know I was serious.

She silently stared at her shoes. Jack looked over at me, scared look on his face. I didn't get to tell him the plan at all, but it could still work.

"I guess..." She looked up, first at Jack then over to me. "I'll tell the guards one of the other patients are acting up. And then you can go... but if I get caught-"

"You won't. And we do get caught, you had nothing to do with it."

"I... okay. Let's go."

I took Jacks hand and led him by the door. We watched as Amber talked to the guards, and then watched them leave the room.

"Come on," I whispered to Jack. With our fingers laced together, we fast-walked to the door. I didn't want to run because that'll attract someone's attention. Jack got the door open fast and pushed me outside first. He closed the door behind us. We were free.

"Alex we have to run we don't have time!"

And at that, we started running. I don't know where we were running to, but we had to get away before they realized we were gone. There wasn't much by here, it was mostly woods and a gas station that was about a mile up the road.

"My cars by the gas station, but let's go through the woods. Just in case." I nodded and followed Jack into the woods. We were still running, not as fast as before because we were running out of breath.

We were almost out when I heard a snapping noise and Jack fell on the ground.

"Jack?!"

Although the snapping noise was only a branch from a tree, it dug a big cut into Jack's leg.
"Fuck," He sat up and I leaned down next to him.

"Oh my god, Jack. You have to get to the hospital! It's bleeding so bad, don't be scared it'll be okay!"

"Alex! I'm okay. It's not that bad, it's just bleeding a lot. I mean, it hurts... but I'll be okay."

"But-"

"Shh. Just help me up."

I grabbed Jack's hand and stood up. I was about to pull him up, but something caught my eye. I looked to the gas station, which wasn't too far from where we were right now. I could see two vans pulling up, and then people getting out. They were searching for something... someone.

"Uh, looks like were staying here for a bit." I bit my lip nervously as I sat back down next to Jack. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, as long as I don't have to run..."

"They won't come over here. Don't worry." I hoped they wouldn't at least... "God, I just hope you're okay."

Jack laughed a little bit, then put his hand on my knee. "Alexander. I. Am. Fine! Don't worry about me."

"It's my fault though..."

"You put that tree branch there hoping I would cut my leg on it?"

"No, but-"

"No, so it's not your fault."

"But, you didn't have to come here. You didn't have to sneak into the place just so I could see you."

"Stop talking so fucking stupid, Lex! I wanted to do those things, I wanted to be with you!" He took a deep breath. "I love you, Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
yay. oh yeah, guys! I'm going to bamboozle friday and saturday :') i'm just really excited and that might be a reason for a late update so i apologize in advance.
by the way the fact that everyone liked the last chapter i wrote makes me confused but so happy because i thought it sucked but you liked it omg okay sorry i'm like fangirling over you guys idk???
so! tell me, what do you want to see happen between jack and alex right now? cause i might be a little stuck, lol.
f0reverbr0ken: guess we'll have to wait another few chapters, haha
sammiturnmeon: omg I was so scared writing it you think its good what ahh but i actually want to write the FULL THING if you know what i mean... but this story isn't quite ready for that yet
coolstoryBrosif: omg don't cry <3
catribecome: THANK YOU