I Can Keep A Secret

Four

I felt my phone vibrate in my pants pocket, not always the best way to wake up. I looked around and realized I fell asleep on the couch...and with Jack?! We were watching a movie last night, and I must've fell asleep with my head on his shoulder...
"Jack," He didn't move. "Jack, wake the fuck up."

The calendar on my phone told me that today is the day my brother died, two years ago. How could I forget, really? When I told Jack, he insisted on taking me somewhere to get my mind off of it. I'm getting ready now, I don't really know what to wear. I haven't been out in public for a while now so I wanted to look nice. I put on the black jeans that Jack bought me. I never wore them before because they were too tight in the wrong places, but I decided they looked nice so I could deal with it for a few hours. I threw on a random tee and hoodie, and actually did my hair nicely.
"Whoa," Jack stared at me as I walked out of my room. "You actually look good?"
"Oh, thanks Jack."
Jack smirked at me and I smiled back at him.

When we got to the mall, our first stop was Vans. I tried a few pairs of their shoes on, but I really didn't like them.
"I'll just stick with my Converse," I smiled, putting down the shoe.
"Whatever," Jack said as we were about to walk out of the store. "Wait, uhh, maybe you should get them, Alex."
"What? Why?" I looked at Jack and he was staring at this blonde girl that just walked into the store. Her shirt was extremely low cut, showing off her big boobs. "Jack, seriously? Wouldn't you like someone with a little more self respect?"
Jack was staring, obviously not listening to a word I just said. He started to walk over to her and I crossed my arms. Jack was supposed to be here for me, not some stupid slut. I saw them talking, the girl didn't look amused whatsoever. She also looked way older than Jack. Gross.
Jack was walking back to me, disappointed look on his face.
"Ah too bad, she's taken."
"Yeah, too bad." I mocked him.
"Excuse me?"
"If you wanted to come here to flirt with older sluts, then you could have told me and I would've stayed home. I'll be waiting in the car." I dropped what few bags I was holding as a stormed off to find the car in the crowded parking lot. When I finally did find it, I realized I couldn't get in because I had no keys. Fuck.

I didn't want to be waiting for Jack, but since I had no other place to go, I really had no choice. I sat on the floor near the passenger door and waited.
"Lex?" I looked up and saw Jack smirking. "Should've left the doors open, huh?"
"Not in the mood Jack. Just let me in and let's go."
Jack did what I said, but he didn't start the car once we were in.
"Well?" I didn't want to be waiting around in the car with him when I was pissed at the moment.
"Sorry, Alex. I'm was being stupid and I uh... got distracted. I should've been paying more attention to you, and I didn't want to upset you. Especially not today..."
I looked in his eyes and I could tell he was telling the truth. I couldn't stay mad at him anyways.
"'Sokay, Jack." I smirked and he smiled back at me.

When we got home, we started to play this new video game Jack bought. I was playing against him on two player mode, me (obviously) winning.
"You're making this way too easy for me, Jack"
"Shut up, Lex!" He pushed me with one hand before quickly putting it back to the controller and while I was distracted, he used it to his advantage. Not being able to defend myself in the game, Jack quickly shot me and took the lead just in time for the game to end.
"You fucking cheater!" I threw the controller on the floor.
"Aw what's the matter, afraid to fight dirty?" Jack had an evil grin on his face.
"You're gonna regret that."
"Oh am I?" Jack was practically laughing at me now. I couldn't just let him get away with this. I jumped up and Jack did too.
"Whatcha gonna do?"
I thought for a second before pushing him back on the couch, but he pulled me with him.
"Ow!" I hit my head on the side of the couch, but we were both laughing. I landed on Jacks lap, I burried my head into his shoulder when I hit my head without really realizing. When we stopped laughing I looked up at him, both of us smiling, staring into eachothers eyes.