I Can Keep A Secret

Six

Jack and I were now sitting on the couch in the living room. The TV was on but there was still an awkward silence between us.

"Have you ever done that before, Alex? Hurt yourself I mean?"

I looked up and him and slowly nodded my head.

"Can you promise me you'll never do that again? Please?"

"Yeah..."

"You know you really scared me... but it doesn't matter now because you're okay. Anyway, I bought a movie the other day and never got to watch it. It's supposed to be really funny too. Wanna watch it with me?"

"Okay," He turned the movie on with the remote and I cuddled up next to him. I hope he didn't find that weird, after me kissing him and all...

I guess he didn't because he wrapped his arm around me. We stayed like that throughout the whole movie, both of us laughing because it actually turned out to be funny.

"Wanna watch American Idol now? I know how much you love it," Jack was being sarcastic, he knows don't like that show.

"Actually Jack... can we talk?"

"Yeah, what's up?" We sat up so now we were facing eachother on the couch.

"Well, you know a lot about me but... I don't know a lot about you."

"Okay, what do you wanna know?"

"You never did tell me why you were taking a 17 year old kid with drinking problems into your home. Also, why do you live alone? I know you're 18, but I haven't seen you leave for work yet. How do you afford all of this? Oh and-"

"Alex!"

"Sorry," I kind of giggled.

"My family always had a decent amount of money, but one day we got extremely lucky. My dad won the lottery for like, a million dollars. Some guy contacted him only a few days later and got him a new job, new car, new house...everything. He was the owner of an electric company- which my dad owns now. So instead of moving out and going with them, I stayed here. I don't have a job but the house is payed off so I don't have to worry about that. And all the bills and other money I get is from my share of the lottery money. Sure, it'll eventually run out but I guess I don't have to worry right now! Oh and you know, I always wanted a roommate. But since my friend moved away, I didn't really know anyone else well enough to just ask them to live with me. So I figured why not help out someone..."

I stared at Jack for a few seconds. Although I did pay attention to every word he said I felt like teasing him.

"Wow... that story was...extremely boring." I yawned jokingly.

"I hate you," Jack pushed my shoulder, playfully though so I smiled.

"You love me!"

"No, go away! Seriously, you're the one who asked!"

"Well I didn't realize it would put me to sleep!"

"I'm really gonna put you to sleep for good," I raised my eyebrow at that.

"Oh yeah? Do it."

"Not now... you're hurt."

"I think you're scared."

"Okay that's it," Jack pushed my chest- not too hard but hard enough so I was falling back on the couch. I was able to grab his arm before I fell back, so he was hovering over me just a little bit.

We were both laughing and it wasn't until after the laughter settled down that I realized I still had a tight grip on Jack's arm.

"Um, Alex, I'm gonna need my arm back."

"Oh, right," I let go of him and he sat up.

"You can stay down by the way, you're sleeping there anyway!"

"Huh?"

"Unless you want to sleep in your bed that's covered in dried blood..."

"Oh... forgot about that."

"Yeah well I'm gonna head up to bed now, if you need me just come upstairs, okay?"

"Okay, night Jack."

I grabbed the blanket that was hanging over the couch and wrapped it around myself as Jack went upstairs to bed. I smiled to myself- even after everything that went on today- I was smiling. And it was all because of Jack. Jack had a weird way of making everything better.
I like the little things about Jack. When I was teasing him, he would have this small grin on his face while looking me directly in the eyes, not breaking contact. I also liked that not only did he listen to me, I could tell him just about everything. He's the first person I've trusted in a long time. I liked that we tease eachother, just being stupid but having so much fun. I like the way we cuddle when we watch movies.

I like Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to dedicate this chapter to sammiturnmeon for the nice comment she left!
so if you guys want- leave a comment and i'll dedicate one chapter to everyone that does! :D