I Can Keep A Secret

Seven.

I can't like Jack.

I mean, I really can not!

I'm not gay.

Then again, have I really ever thought about it? No, I just couldn't be.

Okay, maybe it was possible.

Even if I am gay, Jack isn't. I know that for a fact because of what happened in the mall.

I know there is a chance of him being bi, but that's stupid, he can't be. Even if he was, what would ever make him want me?

He was probably weirded out when I kissed him, that's why he never brought it up. And I wasn't going to. It's like it never happened, and I hope it stays that way.

As long as I can push aside these sudden weird feelings for Jack, everything will be fine.
I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen in search for something to eat. I heard Jack coming down the stairs when I realized I was only in my boxers. Whatever though, I don't mind him seeing me like this...as long as he doesn't mind.

"Oh, Alex you're up," He gave me a strange look when entering the kitchen, probably because I was half nude.

"Want breakfast?"

"No actually, I'm gonna go for... uh, a little walk. I'll be back in like two minutes though."

I watched Jack walk outside without a jacket. Although it is spring, it still is pretty cold outside. But why was he taking a walk anyway? He did seem to be acting a little weird. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a tee from my room then sat on the couch waiting for him, maybe something was wrong.

Jack came back within two minutes, like he said he would.

He walked straight over to me after closing the front door, and sat on my lap - facing me, pinning my hands underneath him because I had my hands on my lap before he decided to do this.

"Uh, Jack-"

He put his hands on my neck, and they were freezing cold.

"Jack!" I tried to get my hands free to push him off, but I couldn't get them out from under him. "You fucking asshole! That's so cold!"

He giggled before moving his hands up my neck and onto my face. I calmed down and stopped moving so much as he leaned in closer, eventually his lips meeting mine. It was only a few seconds before he pulled away, his face remaining close to mine. Our eyes met as Jack began to speak.

"Alex... I uh... I kind of like you.." I could tell he was nervous. I smiled and bit my lip a little.

"I like you too, Jack," We were both smiling now, as we leant in to kiss once again. His lips were soft, that's all I could really tell because I couldn't think straight.

"Oh, Jack? Just one thing..."

"Yeah?"

"Can I have my hands back?"

"Oh!" He got off my lap and sat down next to me, I turned to face him. "God, I was so scared. This is weird for me, Lex. I didn't think I was gay."

"I didn't think so either. I'm still not... I just like you, I guess."

Jacks eyes wandered down as he played with his fingers.

"You think... it's just because we've been alone for a while, we don't know what it's like to actually have a friend?"

"I've had friends before, Jack. I've never felt this way with any of them."

---

So, there goes all the things I thought before. It's weird- the way I feel. But I guess all I can do right now is wait and see what happens.

---
"Alex, are you dressed?"

"Yeah, why?" I had changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a t-shirt with a logo of a pig with wings on it.

"There's a carnival in town and I thought maybe you'd wanna go... just to check it out? It might be fun."

"Seriously? Yeah, let's go!"

"Can we walk there? It's not too far and it's warming up outside."

"Yeah, I don't care." I smiled at Jack. I don't know, I thought this was really cute.

We got to the carnival and it was filled with little kids running around everywhere.

"What do you wanna do first?" Jack looked at me with a cute smile.

"Um, there's a haunted house thing over there, you wanna do that?" I knew it was going to be lame but I wanted to check it out anyway.

"Sure."

We went in and, as I thought, it was really lame. We walked into a dark room with clowns hanging from the ceiling, which I could only see because of the small lights focased on them.

"Lex? You still with me?"

"Yeah I'm right here."

"Maybe... Maybe uh, we should hold hands so that we don't lose eachother?" Yeah, okay. I smiled like an idiot.

"Good idea," I giggled a bit before we joined hands.

We walked hand in hand the whole way, even when we got outside.

"Can we go on the ferris wheel now?" Jack said to me. We obviously both didn't have any intention of letting go of each others hands.

"I uh...I'm afriad of heights a bit..."

"I won't let anything happen to you! Please?" How could I say no?

"Okay..."

It wasn't long before Jack and I were in one of the carts in the ferris wheel, about to go to the top.

I looked out the side and bit my bottom lip- my nervous habbit.

"You okay?" I didn't want Jack to notice, but too late for that I guess.

"Yeah, I'm good..."

"Relax, okay Alex?" I looked over to him and I realised he was leaning closer to me. I closed my eyes as our lips colided, fireworks going off in my mind.

Wait, the fireworks did surely sound real.

We parted from the kiss, which might I add was a bit longer than our last, as we both looked out as fireworks blew up in the sky, lighting up pink, yellow and green.

Jack's grip on my hand tightened as we watched, and I smiled at the fact that we never let each other go.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i haven't updated in a bit, i've been busy but hopefully i'm gonna post more often now :)
this is dedicated to sanneatlninja for being awesome and giving me an idea for this chapter :D
did you guys like it? i really can't decide if i like where this is going or not. :/
it's going to have a lot more drama as i get more into it, i just want jack and alex to get to know eachother a little more, you know?