I Can Keep A Secret

Eight

"Can we take the bus home?"

"Sure," I smiled at Jack, our hands still held together tightly.

We waited on the bus stop for a couple of minutes in silence, I wondered what was going through Jack's mind. I, on the other hand, could not be happier with how the day turned out.

I noticed an older woman walking by, looking down and me and Jack's hands that were together.

"Disgraceful," She said as she walked by, giving me a dirty look. She was waiting on the same bus stop as us so she had no choice but to stay there.

Jack gave her a dirty look, but looked back at me and smirked after.

"Jack..."

He grabbed my head and placed our lips together, harder than last time, while running his fingers through my hair and pulling my body as close to him as possible. I decided to not protest against this and placed my hands on his hips while we remained kissing for another few seconds.

It was longer than usual, but I guess it was just for a show. Maybe we'll try it again when it's not.

When we pulled away the lady was staring with her mouth open in disgust. I giggled.

---

"I'm tired so I'm going to sleep as soon as I open this door." We finally made it home at 1 in the morning. We decided to make some stops because we were hungry, then Jack wanted ice cream.

"Okay Jack," He got the door open and we both made our way inside, Jack locking the door after me. I went to go to my room but Jack grabbed my wrist and I turned around. "What?"

"I...just wanted to say I had fun today. Thank you Alex." Aw. I bit my bottom lip and looked into his eyes. He's too cute.

"I should be the one thanking you... you did pay for all of it anyway."

"Shhh," And with that Jack pulled me in for a kiss, this time I wrapped my arms around his neck and our bodies were close once again. If I felt fireworks last time, this had to be a combination of fireworks and butterflies and all those other girly things.

I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

---
"Alex! Wake up already," I felt something large being thrown onto the bed (no, not THAT. perverts.) and I felt someone shaking me until I opened my eyes.

"What Jack?" I groaned. I'm not a morning person, I can't help it.

"You got some stuff in the mail."

"What? What is it?"

"I guess it's some of your stuff from the rehab center. They sent it back to you."

I sat up and saw Jack opening the box and taking some things out. Some of my old clothes I left there, my old cell phone and iPod.

"Yes my iPod!" I grabbed it from the bed and began to look through it. Oh, all the memories music can hold. Maybe I didn't want this back as bad as I thought.

"Hey I think I found your wallet." Jack opened my old black wallet and went through it. "There's like 20 dollars in here."

"That's all I had, all I got." I looked down away from Jack. I never wanted to relive my past but going through these things made it hard. It's not something I can just forget over night.

"Hey... you have me now, okay? And I'm not gonna let anything bad ever happen to you again. That's a promise."

He held out his pinky finger and I locked it with mine while smiling at him.

"Let's go have some breakfast now, yeah?"

"Sure," I looked down and remembered I'm only wearing boxers. Why did I always have to sleep in just boxers again? "Uh, I will in a minute."

"Alex, I saw you in boxers before. I promise not to check you out...that much." We laughed and I stood up.

"Fine," being he was still sitting on the bed, I leaned over and placed our lips together, both of us smiling into the kiss. "Let's go."