You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

XVI

Greg’s POV

Lottie had asked various questions since she had been awake but she had also fell asleep for a couple of hours. She was still on strong medication for the pain and was unable to move much her ribs giving her quite a bit of grief. Whilst she slept i thought about how exactly she would react to seeing steph in a wheelchair. I just hoped Lottie wouldn’t be disappointed in me for now telling her i advance but i had a feeling hearing it from the source would prove much easier.

When Lottie woke from her sleep she asked me to sit beside her. I did wrapping my arm gently around her shoulders as she leant her head against me. I had missed this and it felt nice to have my girl in my arms once more.

“I remember something Greg. I remember pushing steph out the way of the SUV it’s the only thing i remember but I’m glad i did.”

I didn’t say anything and just kissed Lottie’s head gently. I couldn’t say anything there was lump in my throat for a moment and Lottie seemed to understand it was subject i would rather not speak about for the time been. I looked up at the clock instead and knew that within ten minutes Steph, nick and Brandon would be here.

Perfectly on time i heard there voices down the corridor. Brandon was the first to enter the room pushing the door open enough for him to slide through before he ran towards the bed. I lifted him up sitting him on my lap as he hugged Lottie and i was grateful to see how happy he seemed. A couple of minutes later The door opened wider and nick pushed steph through the door before he slowly lowered himself into a chair beside her having to sit at an odd angle to be comfortable.

I had watched Lottie as steph was wheeled into the room and watched her face drop. She stayed silent though almost waiting for an explanation. Out of nowhere though she seemed to find her voice addressing her sister in a non-direct way.

“Are you? .............How did you...?”

Lottie just stopped half way through as steph shook her head smiling slightly as she moved closer to the bed.

“Don’t panic. This is only temporary I’m going to be fine. It’s just allowing my injuries from the kidnapping to heal properly.”

“Kidnapping?”

“Greg left me to tell you this because truth be-told no-one but me knows exactly what happened. The doctors guessed going by my injuries in part and were correct in ways. I’m coping fine with what happened and I’m just glad it’s over.”

I wanted to know as much as Lottie exactly what had gone down with the kidnapping. How steph had received the various injuries. I relaxed Brandon in my arm and Lottie still resting against me.

“Ecklie held me a gunpoint when he kidnapped me after stabbing Nick to free himself from the struggle they were in. It wasn’t until we got out the van that i was stupid enough to try and escape. That resulted in my first injury to my thigh. After that i was tied and taken inside a derelict house. Ecklie had timed things perfectly with the heavy rain and where i was positioned i got soaked before i was hit four times by a taser. That’s why there are burns to my skin from it. After that i was forced upstairs where i fainted. Once i had come to he raped me, i couldn’t free myself as he was armed this time and i sprained my wrist. Ecklie was distracted then and i tried to run again that was when i was shot in the shin. He struck me with and old fire poker then resulting in the fractured collar bone just to make sure i stayed down. He made me record that message then after a second strike of the fire poker. One that I’m sure you will hear eventually Lottie.”

Steph stopped momentarily then and i watched her gently squeeze nick’s hand. She knew that message had tore him apart. Steph sipped a bottle of water she had before continuing although i felt horrible just hearing what had already happened.

“After that i was dragged to the bathroom my head slammed against the wall so that i was dazed enough not to retaliate. I bit his lip as he tried to kiss me and in retaliation he tried to strangle me before he threw me against the bath resulting in severe bruising to my abdomen. That was then he filmed him drowning me. During that my head was slammed against the bottom of the bath before Ecklie strangled me a little more. After that i remember nothing until i was in here.”

It was Nick’s turn now to carry on as steph sat there silent.

“we got there then if it wasn’t for his accomplice been a kid not knowing what he was doing Ecklie would of killed her in front of us. He hit once more before he was arrested. After that he escaped and came here. He tried to finish steph off, had her at gun point and cut off her airway whilst preventing me and Cath helping her. Cath and i got around that though with Cath shooting him, even though it got me grazed by a bullet i couldn’t care.”

I noted nick had left out the fact that steph had nearly been lost once as Lottie had a couple of tears on her cheek. I wiped them away gently my hand rubbing her arm.

“don’t be upset. I’m going to be fine. I’m ordered to rest for a couple weeks then i can ease into work again i just can’t put pressure on my legs yet. We are both fine.”

I watched Lottie nod her head as she lay there before Brandon hugged his sister kissing her cheek gently.

“Uncle Warwick has been playing with me so that steph and Nick get to west. I kept Gweg company until you were better to.”

Brandon seemed to have perfect timing as Lottie smiled hugging him back. The rest fo visitng was spent talking about other thigns amongst when lottie was hopign to be home and reassuring lottie that everything was fine. She was soon ready to get some sleep again though and Steph and Nick headed home taking Brandon with them. I was able to stay the night and i was grateful knowing i wouldn’t sleep at home if i couldn’t have Lottie there.