You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

XIX

Lottie’s POV

Since i had been home Greg had turned into a doctor and carer as well as my boyfriend. He made sure i was kept strictly to the doctor’s orders of plenty of rest and no work. Instead my days were filled with watching TV or playing computer games as well as communicating with family and watching Brandon. It had been three week’s already and i knew it as driving Steph insane that she had another three week’s before she was allowed back to work due to her broken collar bone. She was still on crutches until then as well. I was requested to have an extra two weeks off due to the severity of injuries i had gained and if then they didn’t feel i was still ok they would extend that period.

Greg was working part-time at the moment in order to help take care of me whereas now that steph could manoeuvre again nick was back at work full time. I enjoyed it when me and steph were able to spend sometime with Brandon just as the small family unit we were on night’s both Nick and Greg were working. However the fact that me and Greg could spend a lot more time together without being exhausted form work was enjoyable to.

I was currently sat absorbed in watching Nightmare before Christmas about the thousandth time before paused it to work out what the extra noise i could hear was as i muted the TV i noted it sounded like it was steph and Brandon singing along to Brandon’s favourite TV show at the top of their voices possibly in order to wake nick up for work since it was 3 in the afternoon. I returned to watching my film and once it had finished Greg was up having had to work last night. I smiled as he wondered over to the sofa with our duvet still wrapped around him, His hair was sticking up as it always did. As he settled beside me covering us both in the duvet we shared a kiss as i pulled closer into his chest.

As Greg grabbed the TV remote to find something to watch my phone alerted me to a new text. I opened it to see it was from steph.

Can i come around tomorrow, got some paper work here that need’s your signature so it can get filed as I’m going to spend Thurs and Fri this week filing in your office.

I replied that it was fine but Greg seemed to give me a disapproving look as i mentioned it was about some work.

“Steph just needs me to sign some stuff so she can go to my office Thursday and Friday and get everything filed. You should see her living room right now there are just piles of manila folders everywhere. Nick keeps falling over the things when he gets in as there’s always a new pile.”

“I’m guessing that’s the stuff off Grissom and Catherine’s desk then?”

“yeah why can you actually see most of their desk’s and offices now.”

Greg nodded smiling knowing it was definitely a rarity to see Grissom’s desk file free. Grissom and Catherine were both vary organised but there was always an endless supply of files from cases that the sheriff seemed to offload on them.

I noticed Greg had finally settled on what we were watching and i happily snuggled into his bare chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist his finger’s gently brushing against my skin. I felt his lips against the top of my head and looked up allowing us to share some more kisses.

“I will make us some dinner soon and a cup of tea. After that i shall run you a bath so you can relax.”

“I’m not a invalid for 8 week’s.”

“I know but i like caring for you this is just more of an excuse to care even more. I love you and this allows me to show it a little more. Plus i want you to get better works to quiet when i haven’t got you to come find during a five minute break or to share my thoughts with when Grissom’s off on tangent and Nick and Warrick are betting against each other.”

I couldn’t help but smile at this.

“I love you to Greg”

I couldn’t of been happier than how my life had turned out now and to have Greg there was the best of it all. He made my life complete now that we were back to normal pretty much.