You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

III

Nick’s POV

As i pulled Ecklie to the floor me and a witness to the vent used all our force to wrestle him down onto the pavement. I was quite surprised at the strength the guy had as he struggled and squirmed underneath me the other male unable to get anywhere near him to help. I used my whole body to try and battle against the constant movement as me and Ecklie rolled around almost on the floor each trying to overpower the other. My elbows scraped the tarmac of the sidewalk a few times but i ignored the stinging sensation and used them to try and pin Ecklie down further still.

I managed to hit Ecklie in the face at least on one occasion as we continued to struggle and as i seemed to be starting to overpower him i felt a sharp pain shoot through my abdomen. I presumed i had just pulled a muscle from the movement as i fought off the pain pushing to the back of my mind. I noticed then though that Ecklie had finally lay still. I didn’t move though incase he was going to try and fool me and escape, so I kept him pinned to the floor.

As i looked down watching his face i noticed there was very fine blood splatter on his face. As i noticed this i watched a smirk form on his face his eyes narrowing slightly. I couldn’t work out whether it was his own blood as i looked around unable to see the male that had helped me pull him fro the vehicle nearby. As i glanced to the other side i saw that steph was stood there looking slightly beaten. As i knelt there still looking i noticed Steph’s face grow suddenly pale as her eyes stayed glued on my abdomen. I looked down moving one of my hands and pressing against my stomach where a small pool of blood had started to appear on the sidewalk. As i moved my hand away from the wound my stomach churned as i realised it was my blood. I looked to Ecklie’s one hand that had been wedged near my abdomen to see that he held a small put very sharp piece of metal in his fist his own hand covered in my blood. The realisation that i had been stabbed seemed to make the pain double unable to ignore it now as i knelt back releasing Ecklie from my grip as i moved both hands to the wound applying pressure.

Before steph could move a male around my own age had knelt beside me noticing the wound and helped me move towards the wall. I leant back against it as the male took off his jacket and used that to apply pressure to it instead myself gritting my teeth with the pain from the pressure knowing i just had to deal with it. Steph had stepped forward towards me but she gave the male his space as i watched her eyes fill with tears. I could hear distant sirens by now thankfully but the main sound was skidding tyres and a loud engine in the same road we were on. The next few moment’s what happened didn’t register until it was to late.

As steph went to kneel beside me Ecklie pulled her back with force his arm wrapping around her neck as his other hand held the piece of bloody metal that had stabbed me to her neck. Steph’s face went pale white as the metal rested against her skin and she was dragged back as a white van squealed to a stop right beside Ecklie. Before anyone could grab them and stop them Ecklie had jumped into the back of the van the door’s already open dragging steph in with him before the doors were slammed shut and the van shot off leaving behind smoke and the smell of burnt rubber.

I didn’t even realise i was yelling until the sound of the van vanished completely and it was only my voice echoing through the street. My pain was nothing compared to the fact that the person i loved had just been kidnapped in-front of me by someone who already wanted her dead. The male who was holding his jacket to my wound turned around to the crowd and yelled out asking if anyone saw the van’s number plate. I was slightly relieved to hear a couple of people had caught parts of it and were writing it down.

The male turned his attention back to me then.

“You need to relax your movement is making the wound worse although the bleeding is slowing now.”

I nodded as his stern face watching me as i placed my head back against the wall. The male moved his hand applying more pressure then and i gritted my teeth once more the pain increasing momentarily. As i looked up i noticed that Greg was heading towards me from behind the Denali. His face was pale and he looked like he was going to throw up any moment as he shakily stepped closer to me. I noticed his hands were shaking badly to as he knelt beside me. The way he looked told me Lottie was in a real bad way from what he knew the worry evident in his face.

Greg didn’t say anything to me at first instead he just put his hand on my shoulder glancing down at the once pure beige jacket pressed against my abdomen.

“We will get steph back nick don’t worry. I want to help you find her once i know Lottie is going to be ok. The team will but there all into finding her we know she has to be safe before we give in.”

I nodded at Greg as he stood up and turned heading back behind the Denali. I noticed the siren’s were very loud now and was grateful to see two pull up in my view as well as a couple of patrol cars and behind those a Tahoe. As i watched on i saw Grissom to be the first to emerge from the Tahoe just as brass stepped form one of the patrol vehicles to.

I watched Catherine, Warrick and Sara appear form the Tahoe to and saw Catherine and Warrick head towards me Sara and Grissom disappearing behind the Denali. Catherine stood beside me.

“You will be taken to the hospital in a moment Nicky. Don’t worry we know he took steph we will find her we promise.”

I didn’t react as paramedics moved around me asking me several questions and looking at the wound before i slid myself onto a stretcher and was placed onto the bed. As i was wheeled across the tarmac i could see further around the Denali and could see Greg stood up his back to me but his hands were held to his face and it looked like he was crying. Sara and Grissom were both stood a little bit as the Denali was rolled back slightly as paramedics moved around attending to Lottie.

As the ambulance door’s pulled shut the only thing that ran on my mind was what was happening to steph right now. I couldn’t help but think of worst case scenarios whilst i felt several needles get jabbed into the top of my arm. I couldn’t believe that Ecklie would turn to this to get at one person but he did had the know to get away with it hat with been part of LVPD. To everyone else he would just be another cop gone bad but to the grave shift and brass we knew this was a personal hit on one person.