Don't Touch My Hair

Chapter 6

Jorge's P.O.V.

We stood in the boys' restroom, hugging, for I don't even know how long. It was magical, even if we didn't kiss. But I felt like my whole world had stopped. And the only thing that mattered was us. And the only person that mattered was Byron.

Ever since we had our little 'fight', I didn't feel happy. That is until now. Byron was my one true love. Sure, I had some girlfriends in the past, but Byron was the only person I really loved. We stood there in silence. Our actions were our words. I knew that Byron loved me too.

I hugged him tighter and with more affection. He pulled away and looked at me, smiling. I tugged him closer, and continued hugging him. I didn't want to let him go. At that moment, I couldn't care less if someone swung open the door and saw us there.

But suddenly, the door slammed open. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping to open my eyes to one of the few people who were not homophobic. But unfortunately, my hopes were crushed.

I let go of Byron. He immediately ran into one of the stalls. I could hear him weeping in the stall's corner. I was crushed. I wanted to run to Byron and hug him so tight. I would never let him go. I wouldn't let anyone hurt him. But someone was holding on the the sleeve of my neon-colored jacket.

So I turned back to this person who had opened the door. It was one of the "Gangstaa" students, whose name I do not know. (Not that I really label people.) He stared at me and let out a quick smirk.

"Hello, Jor-GAY. So, I see that you're a FAG," he said almost casually.

What really pissed me off was that he had nothing better to do but call me GAY or FAG. I felt hurt that no one could just accept us. It was our choice for liking one another. Love is love. I had a sudden impulse to punch him, but he beat me to it. I fell to the floor, hands over my stomach. I tried holding back the tears, but I failed. He saw my tears, and kicked me. I was about to hit him back, but he pinned me to the wall.

"What the hell?!?!" I yelled.

"Aww, getting rough? The school should set rules against people like you," he said, emphasizing the, 'Like you' part.

"People like me? Just because I was hugging a BOY, like me?" I asked.

He smiled as if he enjoyed hurting people. I felt another punch coming. I closed my eyes tight.

But before he hit me, Byron rammed into him.

"Get away from him!" yelled Byron.

Byron punched him continuously. That is until his eyes were filled with tears, and he couldn't go on any longer. The "Gangstaa" kid got up, bleeding.

"I didn't know you had it in you," he said, and then walked away.

Byron ran into my arms, crying.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I whispered in his ears.

I rubbed his cheek with my thumb. He looked into my eyes. I leaned closer to him. My lips touched his. I kissed his lips gently. Byron was still shaking with fear, but he kissed me back.