Status: Finished; One-shot

Judge of Corruption

Judge of Corruption

In this world money talks. There is no doubt about that. Anyone can be bought…with the right price of course. I was no exception and I honestly had no problem with that. Call me cruel, call me heartless, call me greedy I really don’t care. If you have a problem with me then you’re either upset that you aren’t me, or you couldn’t pay my price and are upset about it.

I am the Judge of Corruption.

I worked hard for where I am today. But somewhere along the way, I can’t remember when exactly, only I was in dire need for money. And it came in a form I did not expect. A man who had clearly been guilty of a crime I could not remember now had offer me money, it was more than enough all I had to do was let him go free…

I felt horrible for agreeing to it the first time. It made me feel sick and disgusting, but I couldn’t help it I needed that money to help my family. Somehow over time, people started coming to me, offering money, money that I desperately needed, and all they wanted was for things to go their way. Somewhere along that time the pit in my stomach faded until it was no longer there and I could accept the token of cash without any hard feelings. All I had to do was let them go free.

It didn’t matter to me if you were guilty or not. All I cared about was the money. That’s what got me through everything.

There’s a man on trail today. We both know how it’s going to turn out today though. He paid my price, it was higher than normal but I knew he could pay it.

I smile and accept the bribed whispering in his ear. “Pay my price and I’ll let you go free, for greed has turned me into the judge of corruption.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this :)