Status: Active

From Fantasy to Reality

This is all so new.

It was a blazing hot May afternoon in in my town, just outside of Los Angeles. I had just left my community college and started walking back to my apartment, which I shared with my best friend who moved down here with me. I lay my messenger bag across my shoulder and pull my long blonde hair up into a pony tail. I was so glad I had worn capris and a light jacket. We had only moved here 3 months ago from dreary Washington State so I was still adjusting to the much warmer climate.
As I made my way into our complex I noticed a very fancy car near one of our spaces. I just shrugged it off and walked into the chilly apartment. "Are we trying to make it snow?" I laugh putting my stuff down.
"It is like an oven outside!" my roommate/friend Kenzie shouts. She is sprawled on the couch and fanning herself.
"I know I was just out there." I laugh and go into the kitchen. After searching the fridge and cupboards it is made clear that there is nothing good. I flop down on the couch next to Kenzie and grab the remote. "Ew it's a slimy! You were laying on it"
"It was something cool!" She shouts back giggling. I wipe it off on my pants and turn the TV on. I flip through all the channels. Someone pounds on the door making both of us jump. We are not used to anyone knocking besides the pizza guy. I get up and open the door.
"Are you Emily?" This slightly pudgy, man with glasses asks. No one has called me that in years since I had my name legally changed. "Well yes but my legal name is Riot." I say looking at him. He looks very familiar and I'm sure he can tell I am gawking at him.
"Alright. Well may I come in? I'm Patrick" He extends his arm and I shake it. I have him come in and sit at the table. I'm silent and look around. "Is there something you're here for?" I ask. I notice he has a rather large file folder.
"Yeah..."he starts and looks at Kenzie. She gets up and goes outside. "I hope you don't think I'm some freak or anything but I am your half-brother." My mind shakes and I gasp. It's like a mad slide show in my head. This man was Patrick Stump, whom I always thought looked like my (our?) dad when he was younger. Patrick was also in the band Fall Out Boy.
"Ok can you just explain? And give me some documentation?" I manage to stammer out. He begins to take things out of his folder. I see a picture of my (our) dad.
"Well my dad, I guess now he would be my stepdad, was about to die and I was going to donate blood to him and the hospital discovered that he wasn't really my dad. I told my mom and she told me about this guy who she met in Washington many years ago. Clearly they did more than just meet but anyway she never told my "dad" and I found out who my real dad was and looked him up." He says all while going through papers. Our dad died back in 2001 which Patrick now knows. “So after I found out he had passed on I decided I should see if he had any other kids.”
“Yeah he had me and a son with my mom.” I say. He looks shocked but I explain how I no longer associate myself with them and came here to start over. We talk more and I look at all the papers. What Patrick is telling me is true. It couldn’t believe it. I share a blood line with a famous person.
“You look really overwhelmed. So how about we hang out or something in a few days?” he says standing up and picking up all the papers. My head hurts and it feels much warmer.
“That sounds good. I work and go to school but besides that I’m pretty free.” I say walking to the door with him. He nods and waves goodbye.
“What the hell was that? Do you know who that was?!” Kenzie yells walking back in. I have to laugh a bit and I tell her everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is such a filler. This will be a very very long story.
Comments for chapters on this one!
I love all my readers and sunscribers <3