Sequel: All Saints Day
Status: Completed

Boondock Saints

Chapter 19: Dramatic Shift (part 2)

[Jessica POV]
I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to a loud thud echoing off the walls. When I stood up several knocks came to my door. A tired sigh escaped my lips. My body barely carried itself to the door to open it. Doc was standing on my porch, waiting for me to answer the door.

"Doc, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to check on you. I-I know your life is going through a d-d-dramatic shift and I n-noticed all the w-weight you've lost." He answered.

"Oh, Doc, you shouldn't have done that." I replied with a fake smile.
"I'm fine."

"W-w-well I know the news made you up-up-upset an-an-an--oh fuck. . .FUCK ASS!" He twitched.

"Don't worry, I'm okay now. Um I was wondering what time you wanted me to come to work?" I responded.

"It's sunday, the b-b-bar is closed." Doc reminded.

I felt really stupid after that. How did I forget it was sunday? I never lost track of days or time. Was all this from stress and being upset? Probably.

"Oh, right. Well in that case, would you like to come in?" I asked.
"I-I'd love to but I c-c-can't. I need to stock up for next w-w-week." Doc replied.

"Do you need help?"

"FUCK ASS! No thank you, Jessie. You n-need some r-r-rest."

I wanted to frown upon him and tell him I was fine but I didn't want to be rude. He was just being a good friend. Another fake smile spread across my face as I thanked him once again. When he was gone I laid back down on the couch. My body gave in to the comfort and my heavy eyelids drifted me into a state of sleep.

Flashing images flooded my mind moving so fast I could barely see them. I saw my blood dripping off my back onto my milky white sheets. The sound of water dripping came to my ears as images flashed again and I began to feel something cold surround me as my vision went blurry. Pure white glass surrounded my body, holding in the cold water. I tried sitting up but Yuri's hands kept me pinned down. The water burned my nose and I felt like I was suffocating. Maybe I was and I just didn't know it.

I opened my mouth and tried screaming but I couldn't find my voice. When I tried again nothing came out. My hands grabbed the sides of the tub as I tried to sit up again. This time Yuri let me sit up to take a breath but pinned me back down. Once again I opened my mouth and tried to scream. This time it worked. . .Partically.

My own screams woke me up to feel my heart knocking against my chest. I sat up and gripped the couch cousin tightly. Beads of sweat glued my hair to my forehead. With a quiet sigh I got a cloth when my hand bumped into something and made it drop to the floor. I gasped at the loud clinging sound it made and when my eyes fell to the floor I saw a small picture frame tipped upside down.

My fingers barely touched it to flip it over to show a picture of Patrick and I when I was about 14. I felt my heart sink as my gut twirled like the inside of a wash machine. It was time to visit them again. Why did Patrick have to die? Why couldn't God leave someone to care for me? I could only imagine what Patrick would do if he saw me like this.

I put the frame back and headed outside without a jacket. The graveyard wasn't far and if I got too cold I could just sit in the truck and heat up for a minute. On my way there I smoked a cigarette but I had it finished before I got there. It surprised me that having a nightmare that short made me sleep until around 9:30 at night.
The tip of my feet pressed on the brake as I looked out the window to see the graveyard. I shut off the truck and jumped into the cold night. The wind blew lightly, making the grass scrape together as I walked in. I slowly kneeled down and looked at the grey grave infront of me.

"Mom, I'm so lost and I don't know what to do." I spoke in a gentle whisper. "The boys. . . I don't know if they used me or not but I'm-"
A soft pair of footsteps interrupted me, Then a familar russian voice spoke.

"Are you Jessica Ol'malley?"

I slowly turned my head to the tall dark shadowed figure.

"Who wants to know?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"Anastasii. . .Fransesco."

As soon as he spoke I slowly stood up, feeling my heart skip a beat. Fransesco's bloodline ran long and deep. How could I have thought that I was free of their grasp. I wanted to run, I wanted to scream but the shocking news forced me to freeze. When I tried speaking my voice just disappeared. If only I could've lied to him but I was too scared.

"From what I hear, you know my father really well." He spoke in a russian voice as I felt cold metal wrapp around my wrists.

"No!" I tried getting away but a pair of hands grabbed me from behind and began dragging me out of the graveyard.

"No! No!" I cried as I kicked and wrestled with the man behind me.
When we came underneathe the street light I saw a white care with a big cage wall behind the driver and passenger seat. A man who was the spitting imagine of Yuri stood by the car with the door wide open. I pressed down on my feet, trying to stop the man who was dragging me. He picked me up and tossed me in the back. I felt the harsh seats slam into my body. Before I could even get back up and try to run out they slammed the door shut.

This car was an old police car, the only way out was if they opened the door for me. I sat up, breathing heavily and looking around. My chest felt like someone had just punched a hole in it and tore my heart out. Where was Connor? I was so scared and I couldn't understand why he wasn't there for me. Pictures of Connor slowly played in my mind like a slide show. Why did I have to love him so much? Why was I in love with him?

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"To the Moulin Rouge." Anastasii answered. "See, when you killed my father you put me in charge. I been tailing you for a while now. Those 2 irish boys of yours took off on you. That wasn't so nice now, was it? Ecspecially when you gave your virginity to Conner. But your pussy must not be quite good enough. After all, he did leave you here for grabbs." Anastasii answered.

I leaned forward feeling very sick. How did he know all of this? Was he really watching me that long? I opened my mouth and felt my stomach pump. There was nothing in me so I couldn't puke.

"And the worst part of all is that you still love them. Ecspecially Connor. Well those 2 are on their way to Ireland right now."

"Did you make them leave?" I began to give up on all my hopes.

"No, wish I could say that, but no. So since you lost your virginity you're not worth much anymore, are you?" He asked as he looked at me in the mirror with those black eyes.

I looked around to see a familar place as he pulled the car over. A small black building full of bright red neon lights was beside the car. We were at Yuri's safehouse, where he kept all his whores. The tears came to my eyes and fell to the floor as I leaned down so I didn't have to look at the place. After all I been through it couldn't end like this.

"Please don't put me on the streets." I began to cry even louder.

Anastasii opened the door and began dragging me towards the building. "Don't worry, you're ruined, you're going to be a stripper, you start work in 10 minutes. If you want your 2 irish friends to live you will do as I say."

He walked me into the building and opened the last room down the dark hall. The handcuffs finally came off before he shoved me in the bright red neon light. I looked around the room to see one twin size bed, that was it. There wasn't even a window, and the carpet was old and crispy. My watery eyes were irritated from the bright red light. I leaned against the furthest wall and slowly sunk to the floor as pictures of Connor and Murphy flashed in my mind. For a second I could almost feel Connor's hand holding mine. Tears fell down my cheeks and slowly fell onto the carpet as my eyes looked at the black door infron of me. This was going to be my life. . .forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter and yes there is a sequel but I'm waiting for more feedback before I post it so please comment or message and let me know how I am doing.
Song to go with this chapter is called in love, loss, and neon by Miss FD