Sequel: All Saints Day
Status: Completed

Boondock Saints

Chapter 4: Catching Up

My impatience came easily with my pain. It seemed like we couldn't get there fast enough. My heart raised out of that dark pit and pounded against my chest. What was I going to tell him? What were we going to do? There was too much extra thinking going on my mind.

When the car stopped I stepped outside and followednthe two guys into an old elevator. We went up to the 5th floor, went straight and there it was. One big room with two twin size beds, a chair beside the first, a table with a couple of full ashtrays, another dirty chair, and far away there was a busted pipe that looked like there was once a toilet there. The whole place was nothing but cement blocks. My eyes went to the left to see Patrick standing there in black jeans and a dark blue long sleeved shirt. My heart jumped in my throat as I took a deep breath.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me, making a whooting sound. I laughed and hugged him back. For a minute all my pain died and I felt truely alive inside.

"Good to see you're alive." I spoke as I pulled away.

"Aye. I'm just glad you're okay." His dark blue eyes searched my face. "What happened there?" His voice went from happy to cold.

"Just some curtisy of Yuri. That asshole always knew how to make the littlest things hurt." My eyes went straight to Connor and Murphy who came up beside my brother,

"We should get that cleaned up. Do you have anything at your house?" Murphy asked as he looked at Patrick.

"Yeah. There's also some clothing there she could use. I shoulda killed Yuri myself, making you dress this way. You guys think you can drive us home?" Patrick asked.

"I don't care if I have to walk there I just want a shower." I replied.

"Yeah, sure." Connor replied

"Thank you, I'll give you your coat back as soon as we get there," I commented.

"It's no problem." Murphy replied for Connor.

"Better we get going now." Patrick commented.

Patrick's house was only 5 minutes away. It wasn't the same one we've fought for. It was actually a bit bigger. Made of red bricks with a nice big wooden porch infront of it. As soon as we walked in there was a pure light blue carpet with dark blue walls. There was a big white couch and a small black TV on a milk crate. I pushed passed that, walked right through the plain kitchen and got into the shower.
The bathroom was decent size and had a good tub that was about 5 feet away from the shower. I wasn't worried about pampering myself at the moment, just getting clean and out of that langerie. Though I did find it weird that he had men body wash and shampoo and girly shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I opened up the body was and a japeneese cherry blossom scent came to my nose. With a big smile on my face I used it, shampooed, conditioned my hair, and stepped out.

There was a dark blue towel with one of my brothers' shirt and pants on the top of the toilet. The shirt was black with a 4 leaf clover on it and the pants were just a dark blue but they were way too big on me. Lucky for me his belt was able to go small enough to keep them from falling off my hips. When I walked out I saw all 3 of them sitting at the table, laughing.

My brother immediately turned towards me and put on a smile, "Come on, sit down. Let me take a look at that head wound. It helps alot to get all wounds cleaned up immediately. Actually, get you some ice for that bruise. It's swelling." My brother instructed.

I wrapped up some ice in a bag and held it on my cheek as I sat in my brothers' chair.

"Well Jessie, you're very lucky. It just looks bad, but its not that deep. It shouldn't leave a scar." My brother placed a small square bandage over it.

"Connor, your jacket's hanging up if you want to get it." I randomly stated.

"Aye, thanks." He agreed in that thick irish accent.

Patrick seated himself as he dug in his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. He rolled one across the table to Murphy. I gripped the edges of my seat to keep myself from snatching it out of his hands. Don't get me wrong I would be forever thankful that he helped save my life but a cigarette sounded like heaven right at the moment.
"Jessie, you want a cigarette?" Patrick asked.

I felt myself lighten up. "Fuck yeah!" He sent me a cigarette rollign down the table. "Oh, I haven't had one of these in years!" I gladly lit it, breathed in, and slowly let the smoke out of my mouth. A smile slowly over came my face.

Connor came back to the table, got a cigarette from my brother and lit it with his zippo.

"Why haven't you had a cigarette in years?" My brother asked.

"After I left Yuri wouldn't let me. I had no choice but to quit cold turkey." I answered.

"But that doesn't sound like you. You're determined, if you want it you get it even if you have to sneak it to get it." My brother commented.

"You're right. And I did manage to get a cigarette but I was caught by Yuri himself and he stomped it out, jammed his finger down my throat to make me get sick, and hit me, That was the first time." I explained. "And the last." My cigarette ashed itself in the big crystal clear ashtray.

"Why would it matter? If you smoke, you smoke. Some guys actually find that attractive." Connor commented.

My blue eyes met his for a second then scanned his handsome face. Don't get me wrong, Murphy was good-looking too but there was something about Conner that made me tick.

"It lowers my value. Smoking leaves behind a smell, it makes your teeth yellow if you don't take care of them, and some people just find it to be nasty." My mouth sucked in for a second as I blew a smoke ring.

"Value? what were you, some kind of a whore?" Murphy asked and Patrick glared daggers at him.

"No, I was a prized posession. Yuri wasn't going to sell me until I had a real high value. That's why he always made me dress up and sing. If I got recongnized by someone in the music business I would have probably been worth a couple of million." I finished my cigarette and put it out. "I was to stay by Yuri at all times and have regular check-ups. He made sure no one got to me because just me being a virgin gives me like 60,000 dollars worth. So I couldn't associate or flirt with other men and always ate healthy. Rarely I would be able to cook and eat stuff like pasta but other than that no pizza, no ice cream, no candy, no chips, or anything like that. Just meat, fruit, veggies and dairy."

"Talk about strict. So that asshole never touched you like 'that'." Patrick put his cigarette out.

"Nope. Never. Thank god. One other thing that saved my ass was that he couldn't leave much scars on me. The more scarred up I get, the lesser my value." I held out my wrists. "These scars here take off about 5,000 dollars." I explained.

"How did you get them?" Murphy asked as he put out his cigarette.

"I tried to escape a year ago, my body guard caught me, I was so close to freedom. Yuri escorted me back to the house and handcuffed me to a tree. He said if I wanted to escape the oppurtunity was was just beyond the property but I had to break the handcuffs first. They were so tight around my wrist they eventually started to bleed. I didn't even try to break them." I shook my head for a second and rubbed my right wrist.

"So why did he hit you this time?" Connor asked, leaning back in his chair.

"Because I didn't dance when I was on the stage. I told him I'd never be a stripper and he flat out punched me in the face." I answered.

"I don't see why he was bitching your entrance was perfect." Murphy commented.

"Aye. I liked your performance the best. You have a beautiful voice. It's just dressing you like that and making you sing about that stuff that was wrong. Other than that, you're a great singer." Connor agreed with Murphy.

Embarassment hit me. They were there to see me do that? Yeah, a real great impression they must've gotten from me.

"Well wasn't that a great impression." I began to feel bad.

"No, we knew what was going on. You did your part part really good." Connor kept his voice serious.

I looked around my brother's place. This was peaceful, just the way I liked it.

"Who wants a beer?" Patrick asked, standing up.

"We're all irish here, Patrick. Do you really need to ask that?" I asked.
"Right." He headed for the fridge.

"So how did Patrick found you guys?"

"Our friend, Rocco recommended us to him. He met us, told us his story. It was an easy decision." Connor asnwered.

"So anybody you think is evil you kill or something like that?" I asked.

"Aye. Someone needs to do it." Murphy replied.

"Can't really contradict that. My family been hiding from mobsters since I can remember."

"Not to mention all the sick men trying things with you." My brother placed a beer infront of Connor and Murphy then some kind of wine cooler infront of me. "I watched her beat up a couple of boys when she was just 14. They tried raping her." He lit himself a cigarette.

I looked at the fridge then back at my brother. He was still in the mist of their conversation about how I kicked a couple of guys asses. Instead of interupting I put on a smile and went to get up to switch for a beer. When I opened the fridge I rested my hand with the wine cooler on the door and leaned down to grab a beer.

"Who the fuck are you?" A light voice made me jump.

There was a girl with long dark brown hair and dark brown eyes standing in the kitchen dressed with blue pants and an expensive fur jacket. She must have been my brothers girlfriend. I could tell from the dirty looks she gave all of us she didn't like that I was there. Too bad, if I wanted to see my brother I was going to see my brother.

"I'm Patrick's sister, Jessica." I answered.

Her eyes searched me and when her eyes reached the wine cooler she began to flip.

"You're letting this skank drink my wine coolers? And. . .and" she began to smell the air. "And use my shower stuff? Bitch I ought to fuck you up!" Her voice or words didn't threathen me one bit.

I let out a heavy sigh, placed the wine cooler back in the fridge, took a beer out, and placed it on the counter while keeping her gaze.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this story seems slow but I promise if you keep reading there will be quite a few surprises